13 replies to this topic

#1 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Or is the sound on my TV that bad? 99 times out of 100, when they say "Did you hear that?" , or play a clip of an EVP, I don't hear anything but hiss or ambient noise. Does everyone else hear all the things they point out?

Should I get out the ear candles and Q-Tips?

#2 Spiritman

Spiritman

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Its the freaking sound effects they continue to play , sis boom bah , bang-zoom, thud, Kabang, clang, zowie Bibbity Bobbity Boo , And a Partridge in a pear tree !!!!
sounds like a freight train . I thought the producers were going to cut back on the sound. . I have to lower my TV .For crying out loud .. Knock off the stupid sound !!!

#3 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

The sound effects are irritating. ooOOooo that was ... nevermind, sound fx.

#4 khobar

khobar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Of course you don't hear anything - you're not a professional. ;)

#5 Oddtym

Oddtym

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

If I never hear a ghost hunter ever ask again, "Did you hear that?" or "Do you hear that?" or "What the blank was that?" I will feel very blessed.

#6 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

Of course you don't hear anything - you're not a professional. ;)

ROFL No, not a ghost-hunting professional, but I have worked as an intercept operator/translator. Field radios aren't the easiest thing to listen to. Maybe that fried my ears?

Note to GH: No, I didn't hear that. No matter how many times you loop that sound, all I hear is random ambient noise.

#7 nebariscaper

nebariscaper

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

As you can see the consensus is there is nothing wrong with your hearing, but there is something wrong with the writers for the show. Why they can't stretch themselves to add to the formulaic questions and responses is a puzzle. Maybe if they got a pay raise things would improve.

#8 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Or is the sound on my TV that bad? 99 times out of 100, when they say "Did you hear that?" , or play a clip of an EVP, I don't hear anything but hiss or ambient noise. Does everyone else hear all the things they point out?

Should I get out the ear candles and Q-Tips?

You could try these :D

Posted Image

#9 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

ROLF! I needed that laugh! Maybe I need those "ears"!

Add to the list of pet peeves for all paranormal shows: "Are you here" "Was that you?" Is there a specific ghostie you're talking to?
Another one: "If there is anyone who would like to come forward, make yourself known." Really?

The one thing I miss from the early shows is either Grant and Jason or Tango and Steve just talking about non-ghost related stuff, and things happening. It seemed more believable. Actually, I switched off GHI and watched Larry the Cable Guy on an investigation in Virginia. While his sense of humor borders on stupid, it was fun watching it, because Larry was really creeped out by a doll and a mannequin. Plus he pulled no punches on the "medium" they brought in. heh.

Now can we get Myth Busters to take on EVP's? Please?

#10 Subversive

Subversive

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

I'm so glad someone said it. Posted Image

Maybe the natural response in a situation like that is to say "Did you hear that?" when you really think you heard something...but we the audience never hear it, and yes we are mostly hearing your ridiculous sound effects.

Could they at least try catching some real sounds and amplifying them on the playback every now and then?
Could they have the cameras point in the same direction the so called hunters are looking more often so we could do away with the " I just saw....but the camera was pointed elsewhere" nonsense?

And what really peeves me off is when they see something, don't catch it on tape, then spend more time trying to see if they can recreate it in order to prove that yes a shadow could actually be made when a body blocks a light source *facepalm* !!

#11 santafe37a

santafe37a

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I love this show! Makes me wonder? How much of it could be faked.

#12 ColoradoHermit

ColoradoHermit

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

AMEN!! It's about time somebody told these idiots that they don't have to have all the STUPID CONSTANT NOISE going ALL THE TIME! I was a machinist for over 20 years and have a lot of industrial hearing loss, especially in the higher ranges. When they have that constant noise going in the background ALL,, THE,, TIME,, that's all that I can hear. I miss at least 70% to 90% of what they are saying because of it. Are they afraid that somebody might actually hear what they are mumbling about? Or are they so used to the constant background noise of living in the big city that they cant stand NOT having a lot of noise around them?

#13 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

AMEN!! It's about time somebody told these idiots that they don't have to have all the STUPID CONSTANT NOISE going ALL THE TIME! I was a machinist for over 20 years and have a lot of industrial hearing loss, especially in the higher ranges. When they have that constant noise going in the background ALL,, THE,, TIME,, that's all that I can hear. I miss at least 70% to 90% of what they are saying because of it. Are they afraid that somebody might actually hear what they are mumbling about? Or are they so used to the constant background noise of living in the big city that they cant stand NOT having a lot of noise around them?

Since this complaint was raised (and acknowledged) back in Season 2(?) and nothing was changed, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#14 Briock

Briock

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

The cameras are always pointed at the investigators... which is very irritating. Also... How come only the investigators get touched, see shadows, or hear noises... and not the cameramen who are right there with them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users