• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Karenej67

Karenej67

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was hesitant about posting these because I really do not believe in "ghosts" per se.

However, my daughter took these two pictures last Christmas and we were going through the pictures from her iPod. (We got her an iPod for Christmas and she wanted to take pictures with it, etc. She was trying her hand at taking "multiple capture" pictures so the picture looks the same since they were taken within a second of each other. Of course the pictures are "grainy" (because of the iPod) however, as we went through the pictures my daughter noticed the "soldier" at the top left corner of the one picture.... when I showed my husband he said "That has to be a reflection from the television set." (As you can see our flat screen TV on the wall was on.) But on the second picture the solider is gone and there is a little girl dressed in the late 1800's fashion. (possibly early 1900's?)

I did blur my hubby's face on these pictures since I did not want him to be seen... but the only thing I did to the pictures was blur his face.

Believe me, I am absolutely fine if someone feels these are "reflections" from my TV Screen? however, I have this very funny feeling that they are not! our home was build in 1858 and was a stage stop of sorts for those going west in the last 1800's. There was some talk about it being a part of the underground railround but that has not been proven. However the own of the house had 8 children. Never found out what happened to them, etc.

We don't have things "happen" in our home, etc. nothing unusual other than some weird dreams and the lights cracking and popping sometimes.

I hope everyone will take a look at these and give me an honest opinion (knowing that I did not tamper with the actual images in any way other than blurring my husbands face).

~ Karen

Attached Thumbnails

• soldier.jpeg
  • littlegirl.jpg

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Not another ghost-app Posted Image I wish people would quick hoaxing with these @#^@# images, we're not stupid here. Check the image below, do you see any "ghosts" that look familiar? http://appfinder.lis...pture-free.html

Posted Image

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 Karenej67

Karenej67

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I seriously had no idea!!! We took these with my daughter's iPod! Can these images come on the screen through an iPod??

And thank you for letting me know!

#4 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Your daughter is punking you.
That little girl ghost is from a phone app.

of course, as the phone was new you could give her the benefit of the doubt and decide she activated the ghost app unknowingly.

native2.gif

#5 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

dang it Raithe, you posted faster then me!
AGAIN!

I paused to help with a math problem! Last time I will do that! :P

native2.gif

#6 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Darn,for your sake i was hoping the little girl was real.she would have made you guys a great tax deduction ...

#7 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

dang it Raithe, you posted faster then me!
AGAIN!

I paused to help with a math problem! Last time I will do that! :P

I gotta quit doing that lol

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#8 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I need to get one of those Bigfoot Apps.

#9 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Your daughter is punking you.
That little girl ghost is from a phone app.

of course, as the phone was new you could give her the benefit of the doubt and decide she activated the ghost app unknowingly.

The reason I went with hoax (as in a deliberate action) is because, from my understanding of the program, you have to manually put the "ghost" onto the image, position it, select level of transparency, etc.

"With Ghost Capture, you can manipulate any photo from your iPhone photo album. After choosing an image, (or taking a new photo directly through Ghost Capture) select a ghost to superimpose onto the photo. Choose from creepy Victorian children, faceless torsos, Civil War soldiers, ghostly orbs, and more. After placing the ghost, adjust the size, rotation, and transparency to achieve the optimum effect. Don't like the way your ghost is turning out? Hit the reset button to put it back in the center of the screen for you to start over or even select a different ghost! Save and email your creation to your friends, and let them judge for themselves!"

#10 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I need to get one of those Bigfoot Apps.

BoBo has one built into his eyelids I think.

#11 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

The reason I went with hoax (as in a deliberate action) is because, from my understanding of the program, you have to manually put the "ghost" onto the image, position it, select level of transparency, etc.

"With Ghost Capture, you can manipulate any photo from your iPhone photo album. After choosing an image, (or taking a new photo directly through Ghost Capture) select a ghost to superimpose onto the photo. Choose from creepy Victorian children, faceless torsos, Civil War soldiers, ghostly orbs, and more. After placing the ghost, adjust the size, rotation, and transparency to achieve the optimum effect. Don't like the way your ghost is turning out? Hit the reset button to put it back in the center of the screen for you to start over or even select a different ghost! Save and email your creation to your friends, and let them judge for themselves!"

I was giving the benefit of the doubt and going with the kid pulling a prank on a parent... mostly cuz I know a few how have tried that too.

native2.gif

#12 Karenej67

Karenej67

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yes.. it was brand new.. we had just bought it for her... she had some updates on it... but I just looked at her iPod and I don't see any aps on it like the one you have mentioned. She was seriously freaked out, too!

How can I find out if the application was added and just isn't showing up on the iPod start up screen, etc. She's taken over 200 pictures and these are the only two that show these images! And when I compared them to the pictures, they certainly are the same!!!

#13 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I was giving the benefit of the doubt and going with the kid pulling a prank on a parent... mostly cuz I know a few how have tried that too.

Agree, sounds more and more like that's what it was.

#14 Karenej67

Karenej67

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Okey dokey! I found it with the link above! now my daughter and I are trying to find out where the ap is on her iPod!! We can't find it!

#15 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

but as you can also see the little girl in the photo that you have is actually the little girl from the app... so, no matter how it got there, you can rest assured that there was not a ghost trapped in your home.

native2.gif

#16 luvtaps83

luvtaps83

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Okey dokey! I found it with the link above! now my daughter and I are trying to find out where the ap is on her iPod!! We can't find it!

Well someone has to know where it is as they are the ones that added that image to the photo. Just ask them where it is on the ipod.

#17 cbc72

cbc72

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well someone has to know where it is as they are the ones that added that image to the photo. Just ask them where it is on the ipod.

Or...

Maybe there are ghosts that are using the app to let the people know they are there.

#18 LugoMan

LugoMan

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Or...

Maybe there are ghosts that are using the app to let the people know they are there.

Or...

Maybe the ghosts have a people app on their iPhones.

Convictions are the more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh, and my original sign up date is Oct 2004... it seems to matter to some people, so there it is.

#19 Shane74340

Shane74340

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Tip: Launch the "App Store" App, tap the "Updates" tab, then tap "Purchased".

The "Purchased" section shows all purchased / downloaded apps, including apps not on the iDevice. ("Not on this iDevice")

#20 cbc72

cbc72

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Or...

Maybe the ghosts have a people app on their iPhones.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users