• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Albeleo

Albeleo

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Down to the top 5 and I personally found it hard to decide who actually had what was best. Rayce pulled off the tail the most that seemed to be what saved him in my mind, the beak on Ian's triceratops was the most impressive part, and the aesthetic feathers on Rj's veloci-rapper was a clever way to hide the edges. Sue, even though I think she should have been off the show before she even got on, actually did a little better than Matt. Sue's reminded me to much of Athena's painting and the beak fell short a bit and Matt's was cool and the armor sold it but the face, as I believe Glenn said but I think I'm wrong on that, seemed more like a demon and really was the fail point. Nonetheless I'm excited about the finale it is going to be really hard to say who wins between the three of them especially since they are so close in skill but either way the three I wanted to make it did, Sue is gone finally, and everything is right in the world haha I can't wait to see it next wednesday and I hope it's a good one;

#2 SeeFeeViewer

SeeFeeViewer

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

They all did really good work this week. I literally have no idea who did the best! I figured the demon face (Ve said it?) was going home but other than that couldn't pick a winner much less which work I would send home. (As for the contestants I am so glad they sent whiny-you-know-who packing!)

#3 dabahrs

dabahrs

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Im mad glen is very sexist sue should have made it but because of glens sexist mind they sent her home!!!! :angry:

#4 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Glen did come across as sexist with his "I can't vibe with the girl power" comment.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#5 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I thought Sue did a great job this week - not enough to justify going to the finale but definitely enough to prove to her nah-sayers that she has talent. I was very proud of her and sad to see her go but I know it was inevitable given that she is not one of the top talents on the show. I'm just sad that people are the boards were so against her just because she expressed the stress that she was dealing with differently. I was tired of Rayce complaining about how he misses his kids and wife all the time. He sounded like a whiner (and I was think he should just get over it). It's not like he has been gone for months on end. Anyway, no one complained on the board about him even after yesterday's ad naseum complaints and self-doubts. Sounds to me personally that there is a double standard. Why is that? Is it because Sue was a woman? Asian? Or because she didn't have talent (in some people's eyes) so her whining was not acceptable but Rayce's was?

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#6 ShopMonkey

ShopMonkey

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I thought Sue did a great job this week - not enough to justify going to the finale but definitely enough to prove to her nah-sayers that she has talent. I was very proud of her and sad to see her go but I know it was inevitable given that she is not one of the top talents on the show. I'm just sad that people are the boards were so against her just because she expressed the stress that she was dealing with differently. I was tired of Rayce complaining about how he misses his kids and wife all the time. He sounded like a whiner (and I was think he should just get over it). It's not like he has been gone for months on end. Anyway, no one complained on the board about him even after yesterday's ad naseum complaints and self-doubts. Sounds to me personally that there is a double standard. Why is that? Is it because Sue was a woman? Asian? Or because she didn't have talent (in some people's eyes) so her whining was not acceptable but Rayce's was?

The Enforcer.

Actually they were gone for almost two months by this time. Long time to not see or speak to your family.

Lets do some math. Allowing for 8 hours per night of sleep , that means Rayce was couped up for aprx ~700 hours. We saw him talk about his family maybe a half dozen times, usually in interviews where he was clearly being asked about his family.

Now, can you actually form a logical argument that he was constantly whining about his family ? Or was it that he is being edited that way ? The amount of naiveté on this forum is crazy.

I do agree that Sue finally did something of quality, but its too little too late at this point. She is out of her league against Rayce, Ian and RJ. So is Matt.

#7 ZhenJi

ZhenJi

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

So excited about the finale. These guys are equally matched (at least in my opinion). Last season, I went into the finale thinking "wouldn't it be great if Connor didn't win". Nothing against him, it was just the most obvious outcome. This season the artists are evenly matched. Each one of them has a different strength. I would be very happy with any of them winning the title. However, I do like RJ's humor.

#8 kngtmat

kngtmat

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

I found it funny that Glen who said he didn't like the gril power thing yet he designs outfits for Lady Gaga so how can he not get that.

#9 Vendikarr

Vendikarr

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Actually they were gone for almost two months by this time. Long time to not see or speak to your family.

Lets do some math. Allowing for 8 hours per night of sleep , that means Rayce was couped up for aprx ~700 hours. We saw him talk about his family maybe a half dozen times, usually in interviews where he was clearly being asked about his family.

Now, can you actually form a logical argument that he was constantly whining about his family ? Or was it that he is being edited that way ? The amount of naiveté on this forum is crazy.

I do agree that Sue finally did something of quality, but its too little too late at this point. She is out of her league against Rayce, Ian and RJ. So is Matt.

I think they have been gone about 27 days so far. The morning conversations lead me to believe there is no down time between episodes. And while they talk about 'next week', I think that is for televisions. The episodes take about three days on average. There was one that took place in one day (body paint), and a couple for four days.

They will probably start the next episode up immediately following the last, to keep the pressure mounting.

It may not have been the length of time that Rayce was away, more likely it was his separation from his support system.

Posted Image

"I came into this world kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I've got absolutely no problem leaving the exact same way."

#10 leloomina

leloomina

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Finally Sue created something really good to justify her being in the competition.

With that being said I have a question that maybe someone on this forum might know the answer to. Is using your model to do painting for you considered cheating. I noticed that Sue used her model to do painting on the skateboard and maybe even more that the cameras didn't show. Now isn't that against the rules? I would think it would be but maybe I'm wrong. Can someone please elaborate.

Also a note for Sue if she's reading these forums. Girl you have talent but you need to pull yourself together. The judges might have seemed harsh but in real life there's going to be so many clients that will come to you complaining and whining and you need change things just to make them happy. The client is always right so you got to stop with the crying.

#11 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

My point was simply that he whined on air about his family just like Sue whined (so the amount of free time really isn't the point). THE POINT IS NOBODY ON THE BOARD COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS WHINING, but complained about Sue whining all the time. That was simply unfair and uncalled for. They were BOTH Whining. But only Sue got the outrage on the board, including accusing her of sleeping with people or the judges and even accusing her of rigging the fan favorite votes. There has to be an explanation for that. I gave some explanations for that. But so far, I haven't heard any explanation why there was not even a hint of anyone complaining about Rayce's whining.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#12 bhwnc

bhwnc

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

The judges kept the right three finalists. Sue's creation was OK< but not great.

#13 Shane74340

Shane74340

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

I found it funny that Glen who said he didn't like the gril power thing yet he designs outfits for Lady Gaga so how can he not get that.

I agree. It was also rude for Glen to harass Sue.  (saying "I don't like it" multiple times and not feeling a vibe towards the girl power.) Glad Ve hit Glen with those papers.

And you know, the challenge was to "make an original human-dinosaur hybrid", and Sue's creation was more original than the other contestants. The other creations in my opinion, were too "dinosaur-y" (except for the dino-rapper and maybe the dino with the gold chest sheild.)

#14 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

I agree. It was also rude for Glen to harass Sue. (saying "I don't like it" multiple times and not feeling a vibe towards the girl power.) Glad Ve hit Glen with those papers.

And you know, the challenge was to "make an original human-dinosaur hybrid", and Sue's creation was more original than the other contestants. The other creations in my opinion, were too "dinosaur-y" (except for the dino-rapper and maybe the dino with the gold chest sheild.)

I agree that the others were too dinsoaury. That wasn't the challenge.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#15 ColinC

ColinC

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

I dont know if anyone really looked at Ian's or Rayce's, I thought Ian definitely some more harsh critique. I really missed the human aspect of his character, plus I believe one of the judges pointed out that the paint job on the face a bit of a flop. It was all one color. Really disappointed seeing as he had the whole body covered and but made one huge head. Although I was hoping Matt would get through because based on consistency he was surely the best.K inda ironic how two people who actually incorporated the human aspect into the dinosaur went home. Though for Matt his dinosaur went wrong when he didn't enough facial prosthetic's for his character. Kinda where it flopped for me. As for Sue, I thought her character was good, but her peppy voice really was making me annoyed in the beginning. "THIS CHARACTER IS GOING TO RESEMBLE ME!" or something like that. Really annoyed me. As for RJ, i thought his was the best based off the challenge. He incorporated the human and the dinosaur.

#16 Brownielocks

Brownielocks

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I disagree Sue did great. She actually did less than any of the others. She just painted the model's body and didn't do anything to it to make it more morphing with a dinosaur (i.e. no arms, hands, feet, etc. ) as did some of the others. She even said, "Look we have matching shoes." :rolleyes: Well, duh? That's not skill IMHO.

I'm a female and Sue's whining bugged me too. I think it's because she was so over-the-top with it. All that crying and drama she added with it.

Rayce said he missed his wife and kids. He didn't cry and moan. He just stated a fact. And, the fact that you have no communication is tough. If they could phone or email I think it would help, but I think due to the confidentiality so word doesn't leak out on what's going on, they make it like that. It's like that on other reality shows also (i.e. The Biggest Loser, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc.)

As far as tonight's challenge, I agree that Sue should go home and not win. I also agree that Mark's look more demonish, than dinosaurish. Therefore, the judges sent the two home that should have gone home. But, who is the winner between the 3 remaining I couldn't really decide. The contest this week didn't wow me.

I do agree that the 3 finalists deserve to be there, although I wish Beki would have made it. So, I'm not rooting for anyone at this point. I'm pretty even on all of them right now.

"Be who you are and say what you think because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

VISIT BROWNIELOCKS.COM

#17 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

I took Sue's "over the top" crying as her way of expressing (probably for the first time) her emotions having to deal with blatant back stabbing and back biting. Some people are not used to that because they are used to a more supportive atmosphere. I got the impression that, combined with the stress from competition , it was the first time in her life that Sue was expressing her frustration and anger towards people. Sometimes, crying is the easiest and the first step in allowing oneself to actually express anger, especially if you are from a culture where emotions are typically suppressed and you are not allowed to express emotions (especially like anger or frustration).

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#18 Brownielocks

Brownielocks

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I took Sue's "over the top" crying as her way of expressing (probably for the first time) her emotions having to deal with blatant back stabbing and back biting. Some people are not used to that because they are used to a more supportive atmosphere. I got the impression that, combined with the stress from competition , it was the first time in her life that Sue was expressing her frustration and anger towards people. Sometimes, crying is the easiest and the first step in allowing oneself to actually express anger, especially if you are from a culture where emotions are typically suppressed and you are not allowed to express emotions (especially like anger or frustration).

The Enforcer.

I also felt that part of Sue's problem was her culture and the stress of being on TV and being criticized, etc. and perhaps worried if she was causing shame on her family or her fiance or whatever. In that aspect, I did feel some compassion for her. And, I do respect her for going in front of millions of people and trying. The sad thing is, in our culture we all like winners. But, there's only 1 winner. Everyone else is portrayed as a loser. When the fact is, all the others were just as brave as the winner and there is pride in finishing even if you don't win. So, Sue did finish her challenge and never quit.
"Be who you are and say what you think because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

VISIT BROWNIELOCKS.COM

#19 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

I had a lot of Korean female friends in college (as well as other Asian female friends), so it was a lot easier to empathize with Sue. Whereas, for me, as a guy, I was like "Come on, Rayce. You're a man. Quit whining about how you miss your wife and kids. Man up." Perhaps, I felt that way because I thought he was using that as an excuse. But that's me.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#20 Brownielocks

Brownielocks

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I had a lot of Korean female friends in college (as well as other Asian female friends), so it was a lot easier to empathize with Sue. Whereas, for me, as a guy, I was like "Come on, Rayce. You're a man. Quit whining about how you miss your wife and kids. Man up." Perhaps, I felt that way because I thought he was using that as an excuse. But that's me.

The Enforcer.

LOL, I didn't see it that way. As a female I thought it was "sweet" he missed his wife and kids. So, it all comes down to Mars and Venus viewpoints. :lol:

VISIT BROWNIELOCKS.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users