28 replies to this topic

#21 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Y'know....in a way I view the fact that GH has become so tired and boring as the single greatest argument that they aren't faking things.

I'd say lately that I don't think it's so much faking as passing off nothing as something via misinterpretation (along with a few clever edits in post-production)

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#22 eagle020

eagle020

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'd say lately that I don't think it's so much faking as passing off nothing as something via misinterpretation (along with a few clever edits in post-production)

True. But they've always misinterpreted their data. Since they never really understood the limitations and abilities of their equipment.

Now, even the forced excitement of 'Gee whiz, did you hear THAT?' is boring. Because unlike being somewhere that has actual paranormal activity, lately they're looking places with no history of activity other than whats claimed on the commercial locations own websites. I can't recall the last time I heard an EVP that I understood without them telling us what it said. Hasn't happened in years.
Modern life is a race between engineers striving to build a bigger and better idiot-proof
world, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#23 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

I can't recall the last time I heard an EVP that I understood without them telling us what it said. Hasn't happened in years.

I have been watching DT, and GHI epis where they should be getting EVP's that are in a different language. One recent Epi involving a ghost hunt at the great wall of China. I can never understand what the EVP's are saying also until they are pointed out and then I still cant hear what they are hearing most of the time. The fact that these foreign country EVP's are always coming out in English in most cases is a strong point for EVPs being mainly a product of Pareidolia. I know that in some cases that the client listening to theses EVP's have come back and heard them in their native language and have pointed that out on occasion while the DT or GHI team heard something in English. In addition, most clients in foreign countries speak English along with their native language. I have come to the conclusion that most EVP's on these shows are a result of Pareidolia.

I would like to see a study on this. You would have someone put a collection of EVP's together and then have 10 people who all spoke different languages, listen to them and see how many could hear words being said in their own language.

#24 JunerEclipse

JunerEclipse

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

They go all over the world to find ghosts.

All ghosts understand and speak English.

#25 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

They go all over the world to find ghosts.

All ghosts understand and speak English.

the brain is a series of electronic impulses, meaning is not only conveyed through sound but also through image and intent. Which are universal brain impulses.

a ghost is electromagnetic in nature, likely able to detect intent and mental images.

As such it should at least partially understand what you are saying, at least meaning.

However if it speaks back, chances are the english minded investigators may be interpriting a vague sound as english when it isn't.

check out the GHI forum, especially those episodes like that, had plenty of people from those location inform them it sounded like something else in their own language.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#26 ohhhwolfy

ohhhwolfy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

In the "Greatest Lie" video clip, at 3:04 Grant's leaning forward and the lamp is moving away from him. That's physically impossible for Grant to do! The doily? In bright light it's easy to see the lace. In the dark the video is grainy & a little blurry. It could be the same doily. Of the other 2 clips, one is disabled and the other dealt with personal issues.
Bottom line: I've had similar things happen to me and I know my personal experiences are paranormal because I've racked my brains trying to come up with logical explanations for stuff. So I know "it's out there". And since it is "out there", no doubt it can be filmed or picked up on audio if the conditions are right. And if conditions aren't right or they can debunk a claim, it explains why they can go investigate places and come up with.....*absolutely nothing*

#27 luvtaps83

luvtaps83

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Jeez Jason really wailed the cameraman, that was out of hand. He seems to have anger issues. I bet he knocked him out.

#28 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Going to yet another event in April at the Stanley Hotel.. I have stayed at this place mulitple times and something always happens and not just when there is an event happening.. I have gone up for just weekend stays because I love this place so much and we get doors opening and closing on their own and lights go on and off as welll

#29 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

the Stanley is inspirational on any levels.

native2.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users