7 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

I must say that I'm surprised that the very top slot of Sci-Fi Forums is Caprica, which has been off the air for some time now while BSG is currently being shown on BBC America. The Battlestar Galactica Forum is the 30th down, I remember when it dominated the top of the Forums & when you posted a reply it shot down the thread in a flurry of replies from a multitude of fans simultaneously.

Is anyone watching BSG on BBC America or am I the only one?
It doesn't have to be on SyFy to be Sci-Fi does it? Just curious.

_-=

#2 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

I must say that I'm surprised that the very top slot of Sci-Fi Forums is Caprica, which has been off the air for some time now while BSG is currently being shown on BBC America. The Battlestar Galactica Forum is the 30th down, I remember when it dominated the top of the Forums & when you posted a reply it shot down the thread in a flurry of replies from a multitude of fans simultaneously.

_-=

A great many of the dedicated fans of the show have it in our private collections on BluRay or DVD. I'll certainly re-watch the series again after a suitable delay, perhaps this summer while the primary networks are in reruns.

There is little attraction to watch it on BBC-A, even for those of us who have access to that channel.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#3 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have all the BSG DVDs and have rewatched the entire series at least twice since it last aired.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#4 JustSaying

JustSaying

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

I am both watching it and renting it. I'm looking for the deleted scenes moreso than the extended commentary. As for BBCA, I'm glad they're reshowing it but the schedule is hard to remember. Especially now that it's on an earlier timeslot and they occasionally do mini-marathons (that I didn't know about). But I at least give them credit, as opposed to Syfy.

Oh, and Caprica is another issue there. They sure knew how to mishandle that show.

#5 tree30

tree30

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

_-=

howdy all!

its been YEARS since ive been around these parts... jumped ship to a doctor who site in april of 2010. long story short, im poking my head back in here for awhile, i think.

anyway, yes, i have been watching bg on bbca, though their editing skills irk me.

#6 SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I've got NuBSG on Netflix so there is no real need to watch it on BBCA. B)

Old BSG is there too and I've been catching up on that as well.

#7 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I also have Caprica and can watch it anytime. I have no need to rely on SyFy.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#8 mbozzo2008

mbozzo2008

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Battlestar Galactica has been on the air for 4 seasons while Caprica lasted only 1 season. I'm still angry at Syfy for giving us a preview of a season 2 that never happen. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users