102 replies to this topic

#41 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

All I can think about right now is how I got slammed on here for repeating what one GHI member said about another GHI member to a good friend of mine at an event. My friend was called a liar and I was told no team member would ever speak badly of another. Hmmmm....

Are you referring to the thing about Barry saying he didn't like Kris at an event? For the record, i believed it but other people thought that it was just hearsay because it was from a friend of a friend. I totally see their point but I had a feeling there was some bad blood between the cast members at the time so I thought there was at least some truth to it. I still doubt he came right out and said he hated her but I think he definitely said something negative about her.

#42 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Different things, posting sometihng about what a friend heard at an event cannot be verified.

Now we have posts on twitter and Facebook. Tough to argue they're not real.

Yes, pretty much impossible to argue that they're not real. The original statements are at least third hand (Barry about Kris) but in light of what we're seeing verified by Kris, I'm willing to give them a lot more consideration than I was before. Additionally we've seen other things from Kris about working with Barry (an interview she gave) that would seem to confirm that she is "not secretly with him" lol

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#43 GHIPaul

GHIPaul

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

During the start of the blood letting, Paul expressed that he was spooked of any needles... now, i dont mean to bust his chops, paul seems to be a good enough bloke, but how did he get his tattoos... not to mention his piercings... just sayin'...

I actually have a fear of Hypodermic Needles....

As for the piercings and tattoos obviously they dont use a bloody great syringe....

In regards to my tweets, I think its pretty obvious what I'm saying there, and I don't think rehashing it it helpful or productive for anyone. I've said my piece both on my Facebook and my Twitter and now its "on to the next one"
Paul Bradford
Tech Manager,
Ghost Hunters International (GHI),
SyFy Channel, USA.
http://www.syfy.com/ghi

My Doctor Who Blog: http://myuntemperedschism.blogspot.com

#44 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

In regards to my tweets, I think its pretty obvious what I'm saying there, and I don't think rehashing it it helpful or productive for anyone. I've said my piece both on my Facebook and my Twitter and now its "on to the next one"

Paul, one thing I'd think that people would realize is that saying anything is going to prompt discussion, it's human nature and often seems to be the desired outcome when doing it in the first place, ie to stir up publicity. This comes from using social media to promote a show. In cases like this, the best thing to do is not make any comments in the first place. As far as continuing, Kris is giving this more negative attention than the show ever could. There's a saying about making a bed...

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#45 GHIPaul

GHIPaul

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Paul, one thing I'd think that people would realize is that saying anything is going to prompt discussion, it's human nature and often seems to be the desired outcome when doing it in the first place, ie to stir up publicity. This comes from using social media to promote a show. In cases like this, the best thing to do is not make any comments in the first place. As far as continuing, Kris is giving this more negative attention than the show ever could. There's a saying about making a bed...

Like any flame, it'll burn itself out eventually
Paul Bradford
Tech Manager,
Ghost Hunters International (GHI),
SyFy Channel, USA.
http://www.syfy.com/ghi

My Doctor Who Blog: http://myuntemperedschism.blogspot.com

#46 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Different things, posting sometihng about what a friend heard at an event cannot be verified.

Now we have posts on twitter and Facebook. Tough to argue they're not real.

That wasn't really my point.

#47 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I noticed Paul's recent GHI Follow Friday tweet. Someone's name is missing ;-)

@ghipaul: #FF #GhostHuntersInternational @barryghi @scottghi @ghipaul @joe_ghi @ghi_susan

All I'm wondering is, is the GHI team turning on Kris a result of the dreaded GHI curse or just Kris' big obnoxious mouth?

#48 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

The last paragraph of this Critical Myth review is pretty telling. Kris tweeted this review so i wonder if there is some truth to it:

"Speaking as simply a fan of the show, itís also impossible to ignore the fact that the team was divided at the time, and has fractured in a major way after the airing of this episode. Perhaps Kris Williams had no expectation to go back to the show in the future, or maybe the writing was already on the wall, since the cast changes did little to boost the ratings. Whatever the case, there are now clear divisions within the cast, the fans, and the community, and I doubt thatís the legacy that the new GHI team was hoping to create."

http://entil2001.com/blog2/?p=716

#49 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

You know, all this Kris on Twitter stuff puts a whole new spin on a few things. I'd thought the move to GHI was to help out that team. Now I'm wondering if she wasn't totally bored at GH, and they thought putting her on more planes would help? Honestly, if you think your work (or those you work with) is "stupid", and that you know so much more than anyone else, go prove it and make everyone happier. Leave. Strike out on your own.

One of the few things I like about Barry, is that he's game for trying new things. They don't always work out, but you don't know until you try. As a viewer, watching flashlights turn on and off, and people wandering around saying "is there anybody here?" gets old. Since this is a pseudo-science, or a new science, or not science at all (your pick), they can write their own rules.

For the record, the blood letting did not offend me. Kris' attitude, and lack of loyalty to her co-workers, does. And Jason patting her on the head, saying she was right, is close behind.

#50 soundping

soundping

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

It sounds like Kris is in a 'team of one'. She's going to drown the entire team by pulling them all to the bottom.

I feel sorry for the other team members watching her implode. They must feel powerless.

#51 Zemirah

Zemirah

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Seems like this season of GHI has been a fiasco. It really should work. They have a proven format. They don't have a cast/ team who can work well together. I'm not sure if the cast is bored or if the work environment is so divisive that it's hard for them to be enthusiastic about the investigations. If the producers have any incentive to keep this series going I hope they revamp the cast. Again. Perhaps find people whose personalities click with each other and can gel as a team. Kris Williams would have to go. She's proven that she has no loyalty to the other members or the series. She should have remembered that old saying about not airing dirty laundry in public. Then again maybe she is gone or the series is, and let loose. Who knows. But really if there is such a concern over the younger audience then she should clean up her mouth. Kids can figure out what's being bleeped, and there is nothing left to the imagination on social media. They are much more likely to imitate the language. Anyway, I do hope the producers try to "fix" the series. I used to enjoy watching when it first aired. I'd be up for one more try, but not with the cast now in place.

#52 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

I can't help but think back to when Rob was the lead investigator. The team seemed happy and close, and ready and willing to do a good investigation. Joe was not on every show...which pleased me. I may be in the minority here but I just don't like him as an investigator. He's like having a little kid tag along on an investigation.

The places they investigated were very likely to be haunted; however, Rob never tried to white wash an investigation. If they didn't find anything, he would come right out and tell the client they didn't find anything. But still they kept the show interesting.

So an international show can be done with the right people. Barry was okay when he was doing tech work, but not any better than Paul. And he seems to have to struggle to find something to present to the client, even if it's not really worth mentioning. You can't help but tell there is tension between him and Kris...neither one is capable of being a strong leader.

What has happened this season is going to take the show off the air unless they can revamp and come back with a strong team with good, honest leadership and interesting places to investigate, and quit trying to emulate Destination Truth,

#53 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

I can't help but think back to when Rob was the lead investigator. The team seemed happy and close, and ready and willing to do a good investigation. Joe was not on every show...which pleased me. I may be in the minority here but I just don't like him as an investigator. He's like having a little kid tag along on an investigation.

The places they investigated were very likely to be haunted; however, Rob never tried to white wash an investigation. If they didn't find anything, he would come right out and tell the client they didn't find anything. But still they kept the show interesting.

The team did not quite seem as happy originally. There appeared to be a similar tension between Shannon and Donna.

I agree on Joe, in fact, he did not appear until much later in the season...about the point where the investigators started changing quite often.

Robb did seem to jump to "paranormal activity" at about every location although he wouldn't come right out and say haunted.

#54 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

People are sending Kris all kinds of hate mail on twitter for bashing her team and it's getting her all riled up. She really messed up this time. I have to say, It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, I'm not bashing her for that. But when you publicly call your own team members stupid, especially for not agreeing with your opinion, you crossed the line.

#55 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

She blocked me as well even though I wasn't even following her.

#56 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Did you tweet about her? She must have been blocking people left and right this past week.

I see she no longer follows Paul or Susan on twitter although she still follows the rest of the GHI cast.

#57 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Did you tweet about her? She must have been blocking people left and right this past week.

I see she no longer follows Paul or Susan on twitter although she still follows the rest of the GHI cast.

Only 1 and it wasn't even directly aimed at her but more the show in general. However, I did write a few messages on her facebook page and called her out on some issues.

#58 H4RKN355

H4RKN355

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

People are sending Kris all kinds of hate mail on twitter for bashing her team and it's getting her all riled up. She really messed up this time. I have to say, It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, I'm not bashing her for that. But when you publicly call your own team members stupid, especially for not agreeing with your opinion, you crossed the line.

I guess that when you have nearly 100,000 people following you on twitter you can say and do pretty much what ever you like without consequences. So what if she blocks 1 or 2 people, in the grand scheme of things its not going to make the slightest bit of difference. If you're going to post photos of you in a bikini every now and again your gonna get a bunch of pervs following you.

Sex sells, even though personally I find nothing about her appealing. Personality goes a long way in my book of which she clearly has very little. Any 'hate' mail she gets is well deserved in my book.

Like how she can dish it but cant take it...

#59 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

She blocked me as well even though I wasn't even following her.

Looks like you aren't alone in being blocked. Definitely a schism here...unless it's all part of some big interest-generating thing and Jason's support means that she could go back to GH as the way out. Just a "thinking out loud" there.

#60 lynb362002

lynb362002

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Susan seems like the type that cut herself with razors as a teenager a lot anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users