#21 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Now Kris is on facebook calling her team stupid. Things are getting ugly:

"For those not on Twitter... Yes, blood letting is the dumbest **** I have ever seen on a case. It was irresponsible and was completely un-needed. If you you wanna give me **** for "calling someone out" so be it. My opinion, even as a leader, didn't matter to the team at the time but I will let it be known here. Our audience should be considered when doing something this stupid and the message it sends. A lot of kids watch the show and NEVER would I want them to go on a hunt and think its cool to take a blade to their arm over f%#king ghost hunting. We should be setting an example not starting a dangerous trend.

For those of you disgusted with last nights BS or had kids watching, I apologize for my teams stupidity."

Also, I didn't know "un-needed" was a word ;-)

#22 Oddtym

Oddtym

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

I rarely have little interest in watching GHI. It's one of my favorite shows that is becoming not a fav since Rob left. Before the show felt like an investigation. Now it's feelsing more and more like people trying to scare themselves.

I watched for a few moments last night. I didn't see the blood nonsense. In a tropical environment, I'm surprised breaking skin to draw blood was allowed for health reasons.

#23 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Paul's tweet from last night seems to be aimed at Kris and he definitely has a point:

@GHIPaul: "its all well & good taking a stand, but surly that should have been done before the ritual & not once you realise what the viewers might say"

Wonder if Paul is lurking somewhere on the forum? You here, Paul?

#24 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Paul's tweet from last night seems to be aimed at Kris and he definitely has a point:
@GHIPaul: "its all well & good taking a stand, but surly that should have been done before the ritual & not once you realise what the viewers might say"

Wonder if Paul is lurking somewhere on the forum? You here, Paul?

Sounds like it is (aimed at Kris) and that possibly there were no behind-the-scenes discussions about it beforehand.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#25 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Then Paul tweeted this just a few hours ago. Haha! Not sure if it is about Kris or the complaining viewers but it's pretty funny. I'm so amused by this whole fiasco:

@Ghipaul: Oh, Whaa Whaa Whaaa.... Someone call the Whaaaa-mbulance!!!

#26 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Ok, posting one more thing and then I'll stop fanning the flames:

Ghost Hunters International sacrifice their dignity with a bloodletting in Belize
By Laura Merwin, MassLive.com

I know the Ghost Hunters International crew have been saying all season that this was going to be an all new season that is nothing like what we’ve seen before I didn’t really think they would take it all this far.

This episode was titled “Sacrificed Mayan Spirits: Belize” and included investigating some Mayan temple ruins with a guy that thinks the spirits in residence are going to start following him home. Somehow in the middle of explaining all of the activity that has taken place at the site the caretaker and some of the television executives Ghost Hunters International team decided that re-enacting a bloodletting scene would help them get better ratings connect with the spirits.

The whole idea of opening a vein on a cable television paranormal show is not new, in fact it was done by a paranormal group that had a television show for about 5 minutes a couple of years ago. Yes, it was one of the things that got the chuckle-heads kicked off the air. Immediately. I’d tell you the name of the show, but honestly it escapes me, if I can wrangle it up I’ll come back and post it. Honestly, are television executives that woefully ignorant of the increase in teenagers engaging in ‘cutting?’ Is there a correlation here? I have no idea, but it just doesn’t seem like a great idea having a cutting/bloodletting session included in our ‘entertainment.’ You know -- just in case.

One thing that the Ghost Hunters International team did manage to do though with this controversial segment of the show was to show some of the attitudes of the cast members. And to say the least some of the team came off a bit lacking.

Susan Slaughter has been controversial from the very beginning. If you remember last season, Susan took a couple of opportunities to go into trances. So much so that I did a blistering paragraph on how “It feels wrong in here.” is not evidence! She scooped up the idea of doing the bloodletting as if it was some kind of prize at the bottom of the cracker jacks box, you know, a cheap toy hidden underneath that giant pile of ‘oh my god, freakin’ nuts!’

Paul Bradford did a quick jump-out-of-his-skin about needles shimmy and quickly gathered up some equipment and wandered off to see what other non-crazy stuff was going on in the rest of the temple complex. Two points for the long-distance call on this one.

Barry FitzGerald did a double-check with ‘Suzie’ to be sure she wanted to do this and then stayed nearby to watch the ritual. Again, possibly not the brightest idea ever.

Kris Williams, to her credit, refused to participate in the ritual and went outside with Joe Chin to pace around and mutter her misgivings about the whole thing. As odd as that was, her behavior during the show last night on Twitter was even more disturbing. I’d quote her here but this is a family website. When the scene was being played her reaction was ‘Expletive deleted stupid.’ And perhaps more disturbing is when another twitter user posted:

Shaun Egan Herrmann @shinynutoy “I can’t believe this …. She is really stupid….And begging for attention….This just makes me ‘dislike’ her more ….”

Kris retweeted it to her followers. To deliberately pass along a message calling one of your own team ‘stupid’ and ‘begging for attention’ to your 96,000 followers smacks of childish name-calling and certainly has no place coming from one of the leaders of the group. Hell, this doesn’t even belong in a closed-door office meeting never mind on a public service such as Twitter. I am completely shocked that Kris would throw a teammate under the bus like that. I’ve also heard that there is some kind of apology to the viewers up on her Facebook page but frankly I’ve no inclination to go read it. I really try to keep an open mind about things and sometimes stuff like this makes it really, really difficult to do so. At the very least Kris needs to be apologizing to Susan, not to the viewers of the show. Cripes.

OK, so with all that said let’s get back to the investigation. The location of the episode was certainly spectacular. There were a couple of instances of creepy stuff happening but the final evidence review yielded really just one quite good EVP.

The $64,000 question however is ‘Would I recommend watching this episode?’ The answer is ‘it depends.’ If you have impressionable children in your viewing audience, avoid this one like the plague. If you’re all adults or if you want to open up a conversation with your teen about the dangers of ‘cutting’ then by all means go ahead and watch it. The location is stellar and if you can take all this stupid drama and turn it into a life-lesson for an at-risk kid then you are certainly way ahead of everyone else affiliated with this extremely unfortunate episode.

http://www.masslive....ational_sa.html

#27 scanmead

scanmead

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

"sacrificed their dignity"??!! We're talking about people who walk around in dark buildings in the middle of the night calling out to disembodied spirits. The biggest insult to dignity on that episode was when Barry jumped when the walkie went off, and sweetie pie Kris asked if he "had clean underwear" in his backpack. Excuse me? In the "blood-letting" scene, no blood or cut was ever actually shown. And how is this so different than playing period music to invoke spirits?

My opinion? Kris is in way over her head trying to be a team leader, and she's clutching at straws trying to one-up Barry. She comes across as clueless, ineffectual, and and divisive. Kris is also the one who's bleeped the most. Were I Barry, I'd be having a serious discussion about Kris returning to the states permanently, especially with the sniping she's posting on Twitter. What a freaking mess.

Josh Gates has the right take on dignity and hunting for the paranormal: they're incompatible.

#28 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

You know what guys, I think this is it.

GHI hasn't been filming any new episodes and we all know that it's on the verge of cancellation. I believe we could be witnessing the disintegration of GHI. I think people are showing their true colours fully knowing this might be the end.

Food for thoughts ..

#29 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

You know what guys, I think this is it.

GHI hasn't been filming any new episodes and we all know that it's on the verge of cancellation. I believe we could be witnessing the disintegration of GHI. I think people are showing their true colours fully knowing this might be the end.

Food for thoughts ..

Food for thought nothing...I think that's the main course! Paul has said just last night that they haven't been picked up yet for another season and I wondered if Kris saw this as jeopardizing their chances for renewal and tried to distance herself, sort of panic response where, as you say, you see some bottled feelings coming out. Her "teams stupidity" comment today is just digging things deeper.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#30 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I concur.

#31 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Food for thought nothing...I think that's the main course! Paul has said just last night that they haven't been picked up yet for another season and I wondered if Kris saw this as jeopardizing their chances for renewal and tried to distance herself, sort of panic response where, as you say, you see some bottled feelings coming out. Her "teams stupidity" comment today is just digging things deeper.

I saw that tweet too.

She's giving SYFY's exec plenty of ammo to fire her if they decided to pick up for another season. She's putting 100% of the blame on her team. What about SYFY? Someone green lighted the whole thing. I'm pretty sure Barry doesn't have creative control of the show and final word on the edit.

#32 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

And if Kris is truly concerned about "what the kids see" then maybe she should start by toning down her language and leaving remarks such as "f***** stupid" off her twitter.

#33 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

During the start of the blood letting, Paul expressed that he was spooked of any needles... now, i dont mean to bust his chops, paul seems to be a good enough bloke, but how did he get his tattoos... not to mention his piercings... just sayin'...

#34 Stellar1969

Stellar1969

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

I didn't see the blood letting idiocy on GHI until just now, but I saw everyone flipping out on Twitter... so decided to take a look. And, in the end, EVERYONE is at fault both before, during and after the ceremony for causing this to turn into what it has turned into. And, honestly, I would email this to everyone on the show and Jason Hawes hhimself, but lets be honest... it wont matter in the end and I'm sure Jason is just too big a star to give a **** about what I have to say. So, instead, I'll spout out here.

Lets start from the top. Paul makes a good point about how Kris didn't say anything ON CAMERA until it was too late. Its simple to sit around and say this was stupid, but she could have stopped it if she wanted too. She could have stood up and said "I'm going back to the states if you morons do this." Yet, she didn't, and - worse - she even investigated later with Barry, and nothing was said. She even joked around with him later in the episode, so whatever "wrath" she felt during the filming of the investigation didn't take until much, much, much later. And, sure, there is the excuse that if she spoke up during filming, then Pilgrim or SyFy could have cut the chord on her. But, at the same **** time, if she was AS ****** as she is acting now, the she could have quit before Pilgrim made the move. Now, granted, maybe she said something off camera, and she was clearly against it on camera, but still - make a stand or don't ***** about it afterward. There was plenty of things that could have been done. But, more importantly... she WAS part of a team, and worse the leader of said team, so she needs to understand marketing. You dont let it happen at the time, continue to investigate, then come out later and call everyone stupid. Were they stupid? Sure... but you dont take to social media and say that. You wait for people to say something about it, then you say "I was against it.. but I have no comment..." and do not throw your team members under the bus. But, she did... and worse, Jason is standing behind her for it. It makes her - and everyone else - look stupid and oncontrollable for it. And, in the end, she, more than anyone, is to blame for any fall out that may happen.

Barry is an idiot for even suggesting it. Barry, the other lead investigator, though, has an excuse. He knows the **** show is on its last legs and clearly will not be getting another job in television when its all said and done. That means he will need to go back to whatever menial job he had in Ireland when the series is canceled and will no longer get paid to try and catch ghosts. So, he has an excuse to try and draw ratings by doing something stupid like blood letting. And, of course, Pilgrim and SyFy will eat up whatever dumb ***** they can get to try and milk viewers.

Susan - like Barry, she has no job after this whole thing is over. SHe's not hot like Kris and, knows she wont be able to replace anyone on Ghost Hunters when this thing is canceled. So, she sticks a blade in her skin and hopes something posesses her. If she's posessed, she can at least write a book on the paranormal and does speaking tours around the country talking about what it "felt like" to be posessed. She can earn a small living for 15 minutes continuining it before she has to go work in a Hooters or something. So, she also has an excuse for being dumb.

Paul, on the other hand... he was no hero either. Climbing your fat *** to the top of a temple does not, in any way, constitute you as being against it. NOT SETTING UP THE CAMERAS AROUND THE DAMNED RITUAL constitutes as being against it... and, of course, he set up the camera. So, like Kris, he shouldn't come out on the 'net and pat himself on the back for being against it. He wasn't - you set up cameras, you went to the top of the temple, and started investigating and chasing something through the woods. If you were a hero? Then join Kris on the bus away from the temple.

And, finally, Joe Chin was just too oblivious to care. He, like Kris, knows he'll have a job back in Rhode Island when the heart monitor stops on this show, so he stands there, basically tells Kris the blood letting ritual is dumb, but what do you expect... then just gets camera time. In a way, he's the only smart one. He just rolled his eyes at everyone, turned off twitter and FB, and just did his job.

In the end, though, Pilgrim needs to yank the plug on this show. Seriously, its so bad... a perfect example that drives me INSANE everytime I see this... WHY WOULD A SPOOK IN ANOTHER COUNTRY SPEAK AN EVP... IN ENGLISH!!! Seriously, if this is a mayan temple, wouldn't the spirits STILL HERE speak in Spanish? Or, wouldn't a hungarian spook speak Hungarian? Or, if you're in Russia, wouldn't that spook speak Russian!!! Ugh.... everytime one of those people uncover an EVP from some temple somewhere and the ghost is speaking in English... it drives me nuts.

And, dont think I forgot about the first episode... where Rob Demarrest or whatever the hell his name was... listened to one EVP and called the place "haunted."

#35 Roricus

Roricus

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

I ultimately blame Barry for the entire fiasco. He is the team leader and didn't seem to even consider NOT doing the blood-letting. (I know Kris is lead investigator as well but I haven't seen her take the lead in anything.) Susan, of course, HAD to volunteer in order be bumped up on the showboating scale. I'm just hoping no future called for the sacrifice of a virgin or it will be one VERY short episode.
"Reality Is Just a Crutch For People Who Can't Handle Science Fiction"

#36 lynb362002

lynb362002

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Susan Slaughter destroyed this show! It used to be good, it was a very good idea that has gone horribly bad! Ghost Hunting on an international scale, good idea. Dumb ***** that craves camera attention by being possessed and seeing things where no camera is pointed...BAD! Bloodletting? OMG! Ancient Mayans sacrificed people to get their crops to grow, drive off locusts, bring rain...bad idea then, worse idea now! I understand Susan idiot Slaughter would be willing, she'd sell her mother for a chance at another job on tv after she kills this show, but everyone else should have known better.
And for the record, MAYANS DIDN'T SPEAK SPANISH BUNGHOLE IDIOTS! THEY SPOKE MAYAN!

#37 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Kris just keeps on attacking Paul. She's ridiculous. She keeps insisting that she took a stand against it while they were filming even though there is no evidence that she did. "U can tell I was not happy" is not taking a stand.:

@Kriswilliams81:
Ok. I am just as ****** today abt the blood letting as i was when it happened. However, we are not allowed to talk abt cases before they air

So those people who are saying i am only speaking out against it cause i saw how our audience reacted is BS. The people saying that are

The say people who didnt want to listen to me back when i said it was not something we should do. Watch the ep, u can tell i was not happy

One thing i have never been or will be is a liar. I would hope those who have followed me this long would know that much.

#38 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

All I can think about right now is how I got slammed on here for repeating what one GHI member said about another GHI member to a good friend of mine at an event. My friend was called a liar and I was told no team member would ever speak badly of another. Hmmmm....

#39 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

All I can think about right now is how I got slammed on here for repeating what one GHI member said about another GHI member to a good friend of mine at an event. My friend was called a liar and I was told no team member would ever speak badly of another. Hmmmm....

You were correct. I would have thought these people would have been above that sort of thing especially given their circumstances but I was wrong.

#40 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Different things, posting sometihng about what a friend heard at an event cannot be verified.

Now we have posts on twitter and Facebook. Tough to argue they're not real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users