8 replies to this topic

#1 LRjet

LRjet

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I think you need a Hobby, ever thought of building your own Radio Control plane, sure you can buy one from a store and learn nothing. How about building one yourself, to hard, not enough time, need to reconnect with your Daughter or Son. Dave Powers will help you out, or his site will, lots of helpful people My link .Posted Image

Time to get out of the house, put on your Sun glasses, sun block and have fun.

Check out his Youtube page,
My link
P.S. Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

I already have several hobbies, the main one is cooking. Some of my other free time is used seeking employment. I do have to admit that building a radio-controlled plane sounds like fun.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#3 Recipediva

Recipediva

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I already have several hobbies, the main one is cooking. Some of my other free time is used seeking employment. I do have to admit that building a radio-controlled plane sounds like fun.

Cooking? I love to cook. Tomorrow I'm baking a pineapple raisin bread pudding!

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Cooking? I love to cook. Tomorrow I'm baking a pineapple raisin bread pudding!

That sounds delicious. Last week I made ginger snap cookies for the first time, in fact some of us have posted cookie recipes in one of the Warehouse 13 forums: http://forums.syfy.c...=0#entry6456917
I've placed my share of recipes there along with a few pictures. Check it out.

There was some chat about setting up a recipe forum where we could all exchange recipes. :)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#5 TwiceWise

TwiceWise

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm no good at cookies, but I am a master chef when it comes to converting regular recipes into a dietic alternative. The calories for almost every dish can be cut in half if certain principles are applied. If anyone wants to know more about my method then drop me a line. I would be glad to help.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

.................................................................................................................................Arthur C. Clarke

#6 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm no good at cookies, but I am a master chef when it comes to converting regular recipes into a dietic alternative. The calories for almost every dish can be cut in half if certain principles are applied. If anyone wants to know more about my method then drop me a line. I would be glad to help.

I've actually learned how to make substitutions myself especially when I followed Weight Watchers. If you've ever had Bananas Foster Pancakes, you know how rich it is in calories. I've tweaked it to reduce the number of calories and WW points.

#7 Recipediva

Recipediva

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

C'mon guys, you're making me hungry! But seriously though, a recipe forum sounds like crazy fun.

#8 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

C'mon guys, you're making me hungry! But seriously though, a recipe forum sounds like crazy fun.

then you better make it a big one, my mother collected cookbooks, we have some going back to the 60's and a pancake/waffle recipe that is over 100 years old and yummy.
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I went ahead and created a topic in the General Discussion board so we can post recipes: http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=7014864

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users