• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chrishernandez80s

chrishernandez80s

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

To date I don't think I've ever seen what the 12 colonies look like from the outside or on a star chart, has there ever been an external view of all twelve worlds? I know they travelled inter-planetary on Caprica via shuttlecraft and BSG The Plan had some aerial views of the other planets besides Caprica, but do they orbit each other in a circular pattern or does each have their own sun or what? It would be so cool to see all 12 worlds and what they looked like collectively during the opening titles for Blood And Chrome if it makes it to series.

#2 Tangra

Tangra

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

To date I don't think I've ever seen what the 12 colonies look like from the outside or on a star chart, has there ever been an external view of all twelve worlds? I know they travelled inter-planetary on Caprica via shuttlecraft and BSG The Plan had some aerial views of the other planets besides Caprica, but do they orbit each other in a circular pattern or does each have their own sun or what? It would be so cool to see all 12 worlds and what they looked like collectively during the opening titles for Blood And Chrome if it makes it to series.

It was strongly suggested that all 12 planets were in the same star system. They never explained anything beyond that and for a reason, i think. They knew 12 habitable planets orbiting one star is theoretically impossible, so the less they mention about that, the better.

#3 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,994 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

It was strongly suggested that all 12 planets were in the same star system. They never explained anything beyond that and for a reason, i think. They knew 12 habitable planets orbiting one star is theoretically impossible, so the less they mention about that, the better.

They might have been terraformed planets.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#4 AllIveEverTouched

AllIveEverTouched

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

4 stars:

http://en.wikipedia....ies#Star_system

#5 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,994 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

4 stars:

http://en.wikipedia....ies#Star_system

I'd buy that for a cubit! :P

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#6 chrishernandez80s

chrishernandez80s

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Neat map. Too bad a show will never take place within those star systems. Rest in peace Blood & Chrome.
End of line.

#7 Tangra

Tangra

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

They might have been terraformed planets.

Every star has it's habitable zone around it. This is the distance from the star at which the solar energy is enough to keep the planet worm, without overheating it. In our solar system Earth is right in the middle of this zone, with Mars and Venus at the edges. Planets within the habitable zone could be terraformed, given we have enough time and the technology. But this zone is too narrow to contain 12 planets.
Planets outside the zone, like Pluto for example, couldn't be terraformed, because the energy they received from the sun is either insufficient to maintain life as we know it, or is too much and makes the planet a burning hell.

#8 chillyche

chillyche

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Large gas giants with planet-sized moons could work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users