killvex

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Argh! Noooooooo....

http://www.deadline....cancelled-syfy/

DOA! What is going on here? Really?

Wasn't Battlestar the most successful show SyFy had (lets forget about Caprica, that was just so not what we wanted)? They greenlit 3 Stargate series, and have no faith in Battlestar? So what's the reason? I would assume it either cost way too much to produce, there were production issues, Blood and Chrome is really terrible, or their waiting to see how much interest there actually is by being cavalier about the show.

Seriously, If Blood and Chrome was good and got picked up as a series I would start watching shows on this network again.

#3 Flyincloud

Flyincloud

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

I guess they want you to watch Ghost Hunters, Megacrap vs. Dinoturd, WWE, and etc. and this is what Syfy means. **** you Syfy idiots!

#4 Jedinomad

Jedinomad

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

I guess they want you to watch Ghost Hunters, Megacrap vs. Dinoturd, WWE, and etc. and this is what Syfy means. **** you Syfy idiots!

Sadly, I completely agree with this. I have had so little reason to watch syfy despite being a lifelong fan of Sci Fi. I can't pretend to know how the business works, but for the love of god, put something on other than wrestling. Save your dinofish vs. octomom budget. Put something on that people want to see! BSG had to be the most popular series on this channel by 100 to 1 margin. There's a reason for that. Figure it out.

Give me a Blade Runner serial. Partner up with a game company - give me a Mass Effect series or a Guild Wars series. Give me something other than complete trash. I have more luck on friggin' Fox these days than you. Fox! Come on! Seriously??

It wouldn't take a huge budget. Just give us something we want for a change.

#5 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Did anyone NOT see this coming?
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#6 jxf011

jxf011

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

#7 scifriday

scifriday

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I did.
Posted Image

#8 Astacius

Astacius

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

I saw it coming as soon as they announced it. Syfy doesn't like intelligent viewers all that much, they prefer the brain dead viewer who watches those so-called reality shows like 90% of the junk they air now.

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I wonder if there's some financial turmoil going on in syffy's offices that we don't know about that may have led to their latest decision regarding Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#10 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

As of this moment, the video is still active here: http://scifimafia.co...or-your-ogling/

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#11 marzaholic

marzaholic

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't care if they decide to make a second movie (conditional on sales of the first), turn it into digital shorts, or into little animated gifs, I want those jump drives now.

Put Adama in the air already.

#12 chrishernandez80s

chrishernandez80s

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Rest in peace Blood & Chrome, we never even got to see you.

#13 Wakeman90125

Wakeman90125

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

WHY would you KILL the highest raked SyFy Show in the history of your Channel?

Don't blame Caprica.. it was good but it was more like "Dawson's Creek" with Robots...

We "the fans" can save it if we show them What we are...

Loyal to Battlestar!!

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

LIFE
http://www.buzzfeed....d-and-chrome-tr

Death
http://screenrant.co...y-scott-160690/

• <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

#14 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

thanks, pscard, for posting the trailer.

syfrak doesn't deserve that show. send it to SPACE or something. You can make almost anything look good with the Led Zepplin screech music and ultra-quick cuts, but it did look somewhat cool.

syfrak doesn't deserve that show. I don't think they care. Since BSG aired and brought them fame, a whole new market base has flooded in there and they have a snug bug in a rug with the programming there now. AND IT DON'T INCLUDE PEOPLE LIKE US.

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#15 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I saw it coming as soon as they announced it. Syfy doesn't like intelligent viewers all that much, they prefer the brain dead viewer who watches those so-called reality shows like 90% of the junk they air now.

That's because their advertisers prefer the brain dead zombies over people who have the capability to think. Much easier to sell useless garbage to people whose brains are switched off.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#16 djhotboy

djhotboy

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Argh! Noooooooo....

http://www.deadline....cancelled-syfy/

**** !!! :angry: :( REALLY ... Why can't I say D.A.M.N. (They can say Sh!t on Lost Girl) <_<
"I'm sorry,I'm not going to watch the "Clone Wars" T.V. series until I've watched the "Clone Wars" movie".
"I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended"

Dr. Sheldon Cooper-Big Bang Theory

#17 djhotboy

djhotboy

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

DOA! What is going on here? Really?

Wasn't Battlestar the most successful show SyFy had (lets forget about Caprica, that was just so not what we wanted)? They greenlit 3 Stargate series, and have no faith in Battlestar? So what's the reason? I would assume it either cost way too much to produce, there were production issues, Blood and Chrome is really terrible, or their waiting to see how much interest there actually is by being cavalier about the show.

Seriously, If Blood and Chrome was good and got picked up as a series I would start watching shows on this network again.

I'm guessing it was the cost of production more than anything else. :(
"I'm sorry,I'm not going to watch the "Clone Wars" T.V. series until I've watched the "Clone Wars" movie".

#18 djhotboy

djhotboy

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I don't watch any of those. :angry:

#19 squonk420

squonk420

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

This is so annoying.....they really think people want all their lame wresting and badly made giant insect movies? Why cancel the one show that has a guaranteed audience....been waiting for years for this and then they throw out the teaser trailer and then wisk it away. That's just cruel. Dont' think I'll be surfing the syfy channel anymore. It's pointless.

#20 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Technically, the articles say that B&C is again a web series and not a TV series. So it's technically not cancelled. But this is a bad move, which will mean that Syfy will inevitable announce that the entire series is cancelled.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users