#3 C2DMAx

C2DMAx

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Arrrgghh...Team Dyson is getting our arses kicked.... :wacko:

There is no way you gonna beat girl on girl,must even all the male viewers going to vote for Lauren. And some of the female audience will be of her, while the other 85% will be team Dyson.

WE WON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY CRIMINAL THREATS.

#4 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

There is no way you gonna beat girl on girl,must even all the male viewers going to vote for Lauren. And some of the female audience will be of her, while the other 85% will be team Dyson.

Sexually, I don't care either way, but emotionally, Dyson told Bo like it is, "She will never love you." Lauren seems kind of pathetic and needy to me. I haven't seen anything past the current season on Syfy, so perhaps she improves, but I find that unlikely. I also feel that she has an agenda as well.

Syfy member since April 1999

#5 Thekalico1

Thekalico1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

"Teams are stupid"
Bo

#6 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

EXcept for which team you had rather be on, all the friggin' poles are closed. Just thought I'd pass that piece of trivia along. :blink:

Attached File  KNIGHT TEMPLAR.jpg   20.42K   0 downloads
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#7 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sexually, I don't care either way, but emotionally, Dyson told Bo like it is, "She will never love you." Lauren seems kind of pathetic and needy to me. I haven't seen anything past the current season on Syfy, so perhaps she improves, but I find that unlikely. I also feel that she has an agenda as well.

I'm glad the season 1 finale is coming up soon for you guys. Then I can really say how I feel without having to use spoilers...

I will say this though, I feel lone wolf Dyson is way ahead needy Lauren on the scorecard, Showcase poll be damned... :P
Posted Image

#8 JaimeAustin

JaimeAustin

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Dyson told Bo like it is, "She will never love you."

Dyson saying that doesn't surprise me. He knows that Bo is interested in her, so telling her that Lauren will never love her is his way of sabotaging his competition. He doesn't know what is in Lauren's heart. Play fair Dyson!

#9 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

I say what I say after seeing up through season 2, but was my impression in season 1 so not a spoiler.

Dyson is a control freak jerk, who is unable to accept that Bo is a succubus and thus drawn to variou sexual partners and has serious issues of his own. The two just don't mesh well with me. One is a hundreds of years old werewolf warrior who used to getting things his way and others falling for him; but not used to falling for others and feels possessive of everthing in his life.

Lauren is a doctor, with confussed goals, not to mention human so anything longe term with Bo would be impossible (Bo will stay young while Lauren grows old and dies), and Bo can't turn people so not an option. Lauren also has other issues working against her that I can't reveal

as for other options

Spoiler

The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#10 Meli24

Meli24

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Dyson for sure. Don't have a problem with same sex relationships (I quite liked Willow/Tara in BTVS) but I really enjoy Bo and Dyson's scenes together. I think the two actors have wonderful onscreen chemistry. Lauren bores me.

#11 XieShadow

XieShadow

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Would you like to see Dyson or Lauren end up with Bo? Vote here now:
http://ildokuse.wordpress.com/

I update each week with a review of the episode and a sneak peek of the following weeks episode!

#12 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I would really like to see the Bo/Dyson connection continue. The Bo/Lauren connection to me is boring and a waste of time. Besides, I don’t like or trust Lauren. Don’t know why, but she really annoys me.

#13 mmalaford

mmalaford

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

I would really like to see the Bo/Dyson connection continue. The Bo/Lauren connection to me is boring and a waste of time. Besides, I don't like or trust Lauren. Don't know why, but she really annoys me.

I with ya. She really annoys me too. I don't know she feels........duplicitous. I know Dyson is controlling and alpha and yada yada yada, but Lauren just isn't trustworthy.

#14 lsbloom

lsbloom

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

I've always been with Kenzi: Lauren is just too cold and frigid. But then again, I like alpha male, protector-types when they are done well. And KHR does it really well.

#15 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Okay, now that the season 1 finale is over, I can say this: Dyson has sacrificed more and done more for Bo than Lauren (who has basically done nothing for Bo, other than get her hot and bothered...)

So there... :P
Posted Image

#16 JaimeAustin

JaimeAustin

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Okay, now that the season 1 finale is over, I can say this: Dyson has sacrificed more and done more for Bo than Lauren (who has basically done nothing for Bo, other than get her hot and bothered...)

So there... :P

I will have to politely disagree. Lauren has provided Bo will very valuable info thoughout the season that has saved her hide. Speaking of the finale, Lauren risked her life by giving Bo the info on where to and how to get the necklace that blocked her Mother from sucking her chi out. Lauren is a slave of the ash, she risked death or punishment for giving Bo that information. Bo would have been dead meat without that necklace, regardless of getting Dyson strength at the last second. Lauren is human, no wolf strength or powers, but manages to make an impact anyways. While that was great of Dyson to go to the Norn and make that deal, but as soon as the Norn told him she was taking his love for Bo, he started screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!. :unsure:Looked like he wished he could back out to me. And was it necessary for him to take his shirt off for the Norn????;)

#17 lsbloom

lsbloom

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

I will have to politely disagree. Lauren has provided Bo will very valuable info thoughout the season that has saved her hide. Speaking of the finale, Lauren risked her life by giving Bo the info on where to and how to get the necklace that blocked her Mother from sucking her chi out. Lauren is a slave of the ash, she risked death or punishment for giving Bo that information. Bo would have been dead meat without that necklace, regardless of getting Dyson strength at the last second. Lauren is human, no wolf strength or powers, but manages to make an impact anyways. While that was great of Dyson to go to the Norn and make that deal, but as soon as the Norn told him she was taking his love for Bo, he started screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!. :unsure:Looked like he wished he could back out to me. And was it necessary for him to take his shirt off for the Norn????;)

Yes, it was totally necessary to take off the shirt...did you see how horrible the jacket he was wearing was? Kidding.

But on an I actually mean what I say note, Lauren didn't really risk anything helping Bo--it was a help I'm not saying it wasn't, and if Bo had been caught and turned Lauren in (would Bo really have done that?) maybe there would have been consequences, especially for Bo and Kenzi, but the Light was in disarray most of the elders were dead, the Ash was on life support, and from the looks of it no one was in charge. It was nothing compared with what Trick and Dyson gave up. Lauren has never had her life threatened. She has a nice cushy job that she likes and fae that she orders around because she runs the light fae labs. And she is no more of a slave to the Ash in S1 or S2 than any of the fae are. Fae have to do what they are told. They can't chose their owns lives--it was a big theme in season 1. Remember the bartender in faetal justice, he didn't even want to do the job he had, they made him. It is a strict system and she chose to be a part of it. She gets out of it what she gets out of it. And when given the chance she stays in it. Those are all "free" choices. But she has never risked her "life" to help Bo in S1. Saying she did is hypothetically putting consequences to her actions based on no explicit fae justice that we have seen. When the Ash found out she was helping Bo, he didn't even care except as how it would help him achieve his own ends. He didn't even fuss at her, not even a slap on the wrist. Nothing.

And the argument that Lauren is human and frail and needs to be held to a different standard of "helping" has a major flaw and that flaw's name is Kenzi. Kenzi has no problem fitting in with the fae, Kenzi lays her life on the line again and again, Kenzi always puts Bo first, Kenzi never betrays Bo because she is a frail human living in a dangerous world. Kenzi was the one pushing Trick to help and pulling Bo back from the edge. Lauren has a lot of power and she uses it frequently. But still, she is a beta character and she doesn't own her choices which ends up with her following protocol and being willing to kill Bo to do what is "best" for the fae.

I'd scream "no" too if my heart was being ripped out when I thought I made a completely different deal. But he was willing to sacrifice his wolf--who he was, his lifespan, his strength, his place in fae society, the person he was for 1000 years. And still with all that, his love for Bo was more important to him. I'd make a point that he accepts what happened, but that would require a spoiler tag and frankly I don't know how to create one plus they never work in my browser.

#18 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yes, it was totally necessary to take off the shirt...did you see how horrible the jacket he was wearing was? Kidding.

And the argument that Lauren is human and frail and needs to be held to a different standard of "helping" has a major flaw and that flaw's name is Kenzi. Kenzi has no problem fitting in with the fae, Kenzi lays her life on the line again and again, Kenzi always puts Bo first, Kenzi never betrays Bo because she is a frail human living in a dangerous world. Kenzi was the one pushing Trick to help and pulling Bo back from the edge. Lauren has a lot of power and she uses it frequently. But still, she is a beta character and she doesn't own her choices which ends up with her following protocol and being willing to kill Bo to do what is "best" for the fae.

I'd scream "no" too if my heart was being ripped out when I thought I made a completely different deal. But he was willing to sacrifice his wolf--who he was, his lifespan, his strength, his place in fae society, the person he was for 1000 years. And still with all that, his love for Bo was more important to him. I'd make a point that he accepts what happened, but that would require a spoiler tag and frankly I don't know how to create one plus they never work in my browser.

I am truly unsure as to which part I agree with you more…although the jacket seems to be winning. My first unkind thought was that he wore the jacket as an identifier (he wore the same thing a few centuries ago) or as a penitent or as penitence: still cannot decide.

But the comments on Lauren and Dyson are spot on: Lauren, while she does do some things for Bo, never really lays it on the line. Trick, Kenzi and Dyson do lay everything on the line for Bo.

#19 Thekalico1

Thekalico1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Just because Lauren didn't receive any punishment (that we could see) from the Ash for helping Bo without his permission doesn't take away the fact that she did risk her life by doing so. Lauren might work in a lab but her job is not "cushy" by any means she is still a slave wether she is in the field or in the house, she still has no choice as to what she does. Lauren should be judged by a different standard than Kenzi because Kenzi is free to do what she wants, while Lauren doesn't have that luxury. Lauren cant go to the norn, or have the freedom to follow Bo around where ever she goes, yet she has still has done everything in her power to help her. The one episode Lauren was allowed to leave the lab she saved Bo and Kenzi using her strengths, her intellect and medical knowledge. Not to mention Lauren only had about three episodes of substantial screen time, and appeared for only a few minutes in the other episodes she was in. Dismissing Lauren for not helping Bo as much as Dyson has is like blaming a one legged man for losing an a** kicking contest.

#20 JaimeAustin

JaimeAustin

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just because Lauren didn't receive any punishment (that we could see) from the Ash for helping Bo without his permission doesn't take away the fact that she did risk her life by doing so. Lauren might work in a lab but her job is not "cushy" by any means she is still a slave wether she is in the field or in the house, she still has no choice as to what she does. Lauren should be judged by a different standard than Kenzi because Kenzi is free to do what she wants, while Lauren doesn't have that luxury. Lauren cant go to the norn, or have the freedom to follow Bo around where ever she goes, yet she has still has done everything in her power to help her. The one episode Lauren was allowed to leave the lab she saved Bo and Kenzi using her strengths, her intellect and medical knowledge. Not to mention Lauren only had about three episodes of substantial screen time, and appeared for only a few minutes in the other episodes she was in. Dismissing Lauren for not helping Bo as much as Dyson has is like blaming a one legged man for losing an a** kicking contest.

You brought up some excellant points. Lauren doesn't have to become a female Rambo to prove her value to Bo, looks like Kensi has that covered anyways. Lauren uses her brain to come up with solutions, it may not be as showy as picking up and swinging around a big sword or taking off your shirt, growling, with glowing yellow eyes, but hey it 's still is effective. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users