• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 ZhenJi

ZhenJi

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

I would really like to see the Bo/Dyson connection continue. The Bo/Lauren connection to me is boring and a waste of time. Besides, I don't like or trust Lauren. Don't know why, but she really annoys me.

Same here. Lauren looks like she's bored all the time. Even when she had her night with Bo. Seriously, the first human to sleep with Bo that lives to talk about it, and she's just meh...I was expecting more from her.

As for Dyson, I think he's just so yummy, especially around Bo.

#22 lsbloom

lsbloom

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Just because Lauren didn't receive any punishment (that we could see) from the Ash for helping Bo without his permission doesn't take away the fact that she did risk her life by doing so. Lauren might work in a lab but her job is not "cushy" by any means she is still a slave wether she is in the field or in the house, she still has no choice as to what she does. Lauren should be judged by a different standard than Kenzi because Kenzi is free to do what she wants, while Lauren doesn't have that luxury. Lauren cant go to the norn, or have the freedom to follow Bo around where ever she goes, yet she has still has done everything in her power to help her. The one episode Lauren was allowed to leave the lab she saved Bo and Kenzi using her strengths, her intellect and medical knowledge.

I'm still not sure what you are basing the "risked her life by doing so" statement on. And that is my only issue with the Lauren risked as much as Dyson and/or Trick argument. Sure she helped during the season. But the amount she risked and the perilous nature of her life, and her "slave" position, are all perfectly interesting theories that have no support in the actual show. She liked her job working on fae, "once you go fae you never go back." She had a super nice apartment in the Ash's compound. She seemed to like the Ash. She works really hard to keep him alive. In ep 1, she walked into the power struggle between the Ash and the Morrigan with her head high and confidently strode out of there with Bo. She wasn't chained to the lab, she came and went in several instances, especially socially. The one time she said she couldn't pursue stuff willynilly, was pretty much the equivalent of "I'm at work, I can't just go running off to the zoo." And she had more than enough confidence and connections to ask the Ash to pursue the nasty drug company and get approved, which was really in his best interest anyway as proven by Bo "scoring major points with the Ash" at the end of the episode. And frankly the fact that she was much more concerned about the well being of the basilisk than Kenzi didn't earn her many points in my book. I don't think Lauren has to go around all rambo or even Kenzi. But I don't think she's sacrificed much of anything for Bo. Other people, yes. But not Bo. With Bo we have seen her be a weak subservient character who needs Bo's protection. I don't personally like that, I see it as a liability, but within the show's universe it has a place. And a number of viewers like that she needs to be protected, seeing that it brings out a protective or whatever side of Bo. I just take issue with the "she's a beaten down slave who's human so she can't fit in with the fae and has to do as she's told" argument because it isn't supported by what we've seen. It is extrapolated from a few words and necklace to justify her sleeping with Bo under false pretenses and trying to get her killed for protocol.

#23 Thekalico1

Thekalico1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm still not sure what you are basing the "risked her life by doing so" statement on. And that is my only issue with the Lauren risked as much as Dyson and/or Trick argument. Sure she helped during the season. But the amount she risked and the perilous nature of her life, and her "slave" position, are all perfectly interesting theories that have no support in the actual show. She liked her job working on fae, "once you go fae you never go back." She had a super nice apartment in the Ash's compound. She seemed to like the Ash. She works really hard to keep him alive. In ep 1, she walked into the power struggle between the Ash and the Morrigan with her head high and confidently strode out of there with Bo. She wasn't chained to the lab, she came and went in several instances, especially socially. The one time she said she couldn't pursue stuff willynilly, was pretty much the equivalent of "I'm at work, I can't just go running off to the zoo." And she had more than enough confidence and connections to ask the Ash to pursue the nasty drug company and get approved, which was really in his best interest anyway as proven by Bo "scoring major points with the Ash" at the end of the episode. And frankly the fact that she was much more concerned about the well being of the basilisk than Kenzi didn't earn her many points in my book. I don't think Lauren has to go around all rambo or even Kenzi. But I don't think she's sacrificed much of anything for Bo. Other people, yes. But not Bo. With Bo we have seen her be a weak subservient character who needs Bo's protection. I don't personally like that, I see it as a liability, but within the show's universe it has a place. And a number of viewers like that she needs to be protected, seeing that it brings out a protective or whatever side of Bo. I just take issue with the "she's a beaten down slave who's human so she can't fit in with the fae and has to do as she's told" argument because it isn't supported by what we've seen. It is extrapolated from a few words and necklace to justify her sleeping with Bo under false pretenses and trying to get her killed for protocol.

I see your firmly on team Dyson which automatically means you are anti- lauren for some asinine reason, and no example disproving your argument which there are many will be good enough, so Im not going to try. This is why the team debate is so stupid and ruins the fandom. One character is hated with no justification just because they are on the other side of the triangle, those on team Dyson hate Lauren for no good reason and vice versa for team Lauren. Bo seems to like Lauren just fine so Ill take her opinion over yours.

#24 lsbloom

lsbloom

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

I see your firmly on team Dyson which automatically means you are anti- lauren for some asinine reason, and no example disproving your argument which there are many will be good enough, so Im not going to try. This is why the team debate is so stupid and ruins the fandom. One character is hated with no justification just because they are on the other side of the triangle, those on team Dyson hate Lauren for no good reason and vice versa for team Lauren. Bo seems to like Lauren just fine so Ill take her opinion over yours.

Okay...just to clarify. While I am on Team Dyson, my dislike of Lauren has a number of causes and most of those have nothing to do with Dyson. In fact, most of them have to do with her not being nice to Kenzi. (The remaining bit have to do with her being a really bad, unprofessional doctor.) I do however like to think that I have good reasons for most of my opinions and I try to ground them in what I see on the show. All I was asking for was the justification for an argument that I didn't bring up (probably because I don't think it is validly supported by what we see in the show itself), ie, Lauren did more to help Bo in S1 finale than Trick and/or Dyson. The rationale was that she "risked her life." And I don't find support for her life being threatened at any point. If you have examples or justification, I am willing to discuss, but I've watched S1 more than once and no one ever put a gun to her head or a knife to her throat or even yelled at her in an upset voice. So, no, I don't get it, but it isn't my argument to support.

#25 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

While I am the first to admit that I am firmly on Team Dyson, my dislike of Lauren is totally different. I have worked with health care providers for over a decade and Lauren’s unprofessional manner is quite irritating. And for some other reason, she is just annoying…am really trying to like this character. I am thinking that maybe more of a back story might help to understand why she is where she is and how she got there.

And I really do find the love scene between the two women boring…Dyson is much easier on my eyes than Lauren is. :)

Lauren’s knowledge is really helpful but does not put her in any risk.

#26 Thekalico1

Thekalico1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Okay...just to clarify. While I am on Team Dyson, my dislike of Lauren has a number of causes and most of those have nothing to do with Dyson. In fact, most of them have to do with her not being nice to Kenzi. (The remaining bit have to do with her being a really bad, unprofessional doctor.) I do however like to think that I have good reasons for most of my opinions and I try to ground them in what I see on the show. All I was asking for was the justification for an argument that I didn't bring up (probably because I don't think it is validly supported by what we see in the show itself), ie, Lauren did more to help Bo in S1 finale than Trick and/or Dyson. The rationale was that she "risked her life." And I don't find support for her life being threatened at any point. If you have examples or justification, I am willing to discuss, but I've watched S1 more than once and no one ever put a gun to her head or a knife to her throat or even yelled at her in an upset voice. So, no, I don't get it, but it isn't my argument to support.

No one put a gun to Dyson's head and made him lie repeatedly to Bo but he still did, because Trick told him too. Im not going out on a limb by saying Trick and Dyson's relationship is more friendly then Lauren and the Ash. Lauren says in the second episode that it is dangerous for her to even be talking to Bo let alone be working with her to control her powers. Bo even says in the final that she knows what Lauren is risking for helping her, so the risk is there gun to head or no. I never said Lauren gave more for Bo in the finally you must have me mistaken fro another poster, I was merely pointing out that those who think she has done nothing for Bo are wrong. Is she on level with Dyson, Kenzi or Trick, no of course not but like I said she cant go running after Bo whenever she wants or go to the norne, but that doesn't make her contributions to Bo any less valid.

#27 lsbloom

lsbloom

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

No one put a gun to Dyson's head and made him lie repeatedly to Bo but he still did, because Trick told him too. Im not going out on a limb by saying Trick and Dyson's relationship is more friendly then Lauren and the Ash. Lauren says in the second episode that it is dangerous for her to even be talking to Bo let alone be working with her to control her powers. Bo even says in the final that she knows what Lauren is risking for helping her, so the risk is there gun to head or no. I never said Lauren gave more for Bo in the finally you must have me mistaken fro another poster, I was merely pointing out that those who think she has done nothing for Bo are wrong. Is she on level with Dyson, Kenzi or Trick, no of course not but like I said she cant go running after Bo whenever she wants or go to the norne, but that doesn't make her contributions to Bo any less valid.

I'm going to go step by step because there are a lot of spurious arguments in that one. The first one is that I'm not reading the entire thread and I'm confused. This discussion began when one poster said that he/she didn't think that Lauren had done as much for Bo and that's why he/she is team Dyson. Another poster said yes she did, she risked her life (I'm paraphrasing, please read the entire thread for actual wording). I'm not in agreement with that argument nor the argument that she is a "slave," which I said in my post. You jumped in then. And disagreed. I asked for support for the she risked her life point, you decided I didn't want to listen to anything because I don't like Lauren. And I replied that all I wanted was something from the actual show that we've seen where Lauren's life was in danger. Note: You did not provide. Yes, Bo says I know what you are risking. But we don't know what that was, and that very ambiguous statement does not indicate that Lauren was putting her life on the line. I never said Lauren doesn't risk anything for Bo, she does break rules. I'm saying she doesn't risk all that much and there is nothing to support that she has been or will be punished for rule bending--like helping with treatments. Extrapolating that into a grand sacrifice to put Lauren on par with Dyson's and Trick's sacrifices or that Lauren is in constant fear for her life is where I disagree.

Secondly, you've decided to compare Dyson not telling Bo what he knew about her mom to Lauren sleeping with Bo on the Ash's orders. There are a lot of differences. One, Dyson owned his choice. He chose to keep Trick's secret until he started "dating" Bo. And when he declared his feelings, he forced Trick's hand. And he apologized for it and took the consequences. Was it a jerk move? Should he have told her earlier? How much did Dyson really know? Should you keep something from someone if it will only cause them pain and drive them away from the people trying to help them? Could the story have survived if Trick and Dyson had come clean in episode 3? This is all a totally different argument. Lauren betrayed Bo because she thought that following the Ash's orders/advice was in Bo's best interest, manipulating her was better than talking to her outright. And when she got caught she doesn't regret her decision, "I did nothing wrong." She doesn't own the choice and she doesn't own the consequences. Now, a number of fans say Lauren didn't have the choice (and I'm not saying you are one of them) that she had to follow the Ash's orders. I personally think that makes her more dangerous. The same way telling the hit squad that Bo and Kenzi and Hale were infected and where to find them for the greater good of the fae made Lauren dangerous. Dyson chooses his loyalties--to his King, to Bo, to the light Fae. And when push comes to shove, he places his loyalty to Bo above his king, above the light.

Thirdly, I do think that because she does less for Bo she is less of a helper than Dyson or Trick or Kenzi. She doesn't risk what they do. And in a season about sacrifice, that means something to me.

#28 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm going to go step by step because there are a lot of spurious arguments in that one. The first one is that I'm not reading the entire thread and I'm confused. This discussion began when one poster said that he/she didn't think that Lauren had done as much for Bo and that's why he/she is team Dyson. Another poster said yes she did, she risked her life (I'm paraphrasing, please read the entire thread for actual wording). I'm not in agreement with that argument nor the argument that she is a "slave," which I said in my post. You jumped in then. And disagreed. I asked for support for the she risked her life point, you decided I didn't want to listen to anything because I don't like Lauren. And I replied that all I wanted was something from the actual show that we've seen where Lauren's life was in danger. Note: You did not provide. Yes, Bo says I know what you are risking. But we don't know what that was, and that very ambiguous statement does not indicate that Lauren was putting her life on the line. I never said Lauren doesn't risk anything for Bo, she does break rules. I'm saying she doesn't risk all that much and there is nothing to support that she has been or will be punished for rule bending--like helping with treatments. Extrapolating that into a grand sacrifice to put Lauren on par with Dyson's and Trick's sacrifices or that Lauren is in constant fear for her life is where I disagree.

Secondly, you've decided to compare Dyson not telling Bo what he knew about her mom to Lauren sleeping with Bo on the Ash's orders. There are a lot of differences. One, Dyson owned his choice. He chose to keep Trick's secret until he started "dating" Bo. And when he declared his feelings, he forced Trick's hand. And he apologized for it and took the consequences. Was it a jerk move? Should he have told her earlier? How much did Dyson really know? Should you keep something from someone if it will only cause them pain and drive them away from the people trying to help them? Could the story have survived if Trick and Dyson had come clean in episode 3? This is all a totally different argument. Lauren betrayed Bo because she thought that following the Ash's orders/advice was in Bo's best interest, manipulating her was better than talking to her outright. And when she got caught she doesn't regret her decision, "I did nothing wrong." She doesn't own the choice and she doesn't own the consequences. Now, a number of fans say Lauren didn't have the choice (and I'm not saying you are one of them) that she had to follow the Ash's orders. I personally think that makes her more dangerous. The same way telling the hit squad that Bo and Kenzi and Hale were infected and where to find them for the greater good of the fae made Lauren dangerous. Dyson chooses his loyalties--to his King, to Bo, to the light Fae. And when push comes to shove, he places his loyalty to Bo above his king, above the light.

Thirdly, I do think that because she does less for Bo she is less of a helper than Dyson or Trick or Kenzi. She doesn't risk what they do. And in a season about sacrifice, that means something to me.

I quite agree with everything that you have although I was under the impression that Dyson answered to Trick (because of fealty) first and then the Ash (who was not supposed to be aware of the duel allegiance). Could be wrong, though...

#29 Thekalico1

Thekalico1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I don't know how to respond really, are you making a statement or asking a question? Its all one big ramble of I hate Lauren I love Dyson with no real supporting arguments. It doesn't really matter because I have given you examples that we have seen on the show and you dismiss them as "ambiguous". I don't see a point of talking to a wall so why don't we agree to disagree. Posted Image

#30 harukanoten

harukanoten

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Let's take a moment and look at the FACTS.

DYSON
1. Dyson lied and continued to lie to Bo's face about who her mother was.
2. He did it out of loyalty to Trick and because he thought he was protecting Bo.
3. Dyson said he was going to tell Bo the truth, but Aife ruined it before he had a chance. But now that Dyson knew for certain that Aife was coming after Bo, and his hand was forced so he had no choice but to finally tell her the truth.
4. Dyson owns up to the fact that he's possessive, gets jealous and doesn't want to change Bo.
5. Dyson is jealous of Lauren.
6. Dyson is cautious of Lauren.
7. Dyson risks his position within the Light Fae world and his job as a detective to help Bo.
8. Dyson goes against The Ash to help Bo.

BO/DYSON
1. Bo has never had a real relationship before. Her actions with Dyson are not surprising because he is her experience in having a lover. But because Bo is still discovering how relationships work on an almost basic level, everyone she knows has more experience than she does so essentially she is picking up where she left off before she accidentally killed her boyfriend i.e. a teenager.
2. Bo and Dyson do not make love, they F**K (a lot).
3. Outside of their sexual relationship they are emotionally on opposite ends on the spectrum.
4. Bo cares for and maybe even loves Dyson (not an opinion it's something Bo says herself in season 2)
5. Bo is fights her own nature to be with Dyson.
6. Bo and Dyson's relationship only switched to the monogamous side because Lauren was out of the picture.

LAUREN
1. Lauren helps Bo to control her hunger so that she doesn't kill humans when she feeds, therefore helping Bo accept herself and not fear her nature.
2. Lauren doesn't admit that she is owned by The Ash, but up until the "Vexed" episode there wasn't any reason for her to.
3. Yes, she slept with Bo because The Ash ordered her to (kind of), but she knew the Dark Fae would come after her if she killed Vex, so her actions were forced in order to protect Bo.
4. When Bo confronts Lauren about the The Ash ordering her to distract her, Lauren tells her the truth.
5. Other than being less than honest about her intentions in the "Vexed" episode, Lauren NEVER lied to Bo.
6. Accepts Bo's nature as a succubus and doesn't want to change her.
7. Lauren is jealous of Dyson.
8. Lauren is cautious of Dyson.
9. Lauren isks her position within the Light Fae and as you'll find out in season 2 a lot more every time she helps Bo.
10. Lauren goes against The Ash to help Bo.

BO/LAUREN
1. The Bo and Lauren love scene in "Vexed" was a direct contrast to the Bo/Dyson sex scene in the beginning of the episode. Bo and Lauren made love, they did not F**k.
2. Bo gets nervous around Lauren.
3. Bo and Lauren's connection is based on emotion not just physical attraction. (this is fact Anna Silk even admitted it)
4. Bo's reaction to Lauren betrayal emotionally effects her more than Dyson's. All you have to do is re-watch the two scene to see the difference.
5. Lauren will always try to do what she can to help Bo.
6.. Bo and Lauren's relationship only has the ability to grow in season 2 because Dyson is out of the way.

Long story short, looking objectively Dyson and Lauren each have their faults and their strengths. The arguments for each side is based on which characteristics in the Bo/Dyson or Bo/Lauren pairings we as an audience find either appealing or unfavorable. As for my opinions on this, I am not a fan of Dyson's alpha male attitude when it come to Bo. In my opinion it comes off as nothing but possessiveness and ultimately a strong female character like Bo is damaged by accepting Dyson as the controller in their relationship. Lauren on the other hand offers Bo a more mature and open-minded option that only encourages Bo's character to develop further rather than hinder her growth. I know I am over-simplifying it, but rather than doing a long point to point explanation for my perspective (because this post is long enough), I'm simply going to say that this is how I see it.

Ultimately, while I want to see the Lauren/Bo relationship get treated on an equal level as Bo and Dyson, in the long run both Dyson and Lauren bring something to the table that appeals to Bo. It would be really interesting to see if they do explore the triangle more in season 3 exactly how they are going to handle it. GO TEAM BO!!!

#31 ellencatherin

ellencatherin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

I would really like to see the Bo/Dyson connection continue. The Bo/Lauren connection to me is boring and a waste of time. Besides, I don’t like or trust Lauren. Don’t know why, but she really annoys me.

Definitely agree!! The success of the show came its 1st season, which centered around Bo & Dysons relationship. An Intense,steamy,hauntingly beautiful, mysteriously dark, ubelievaby passionate, loyal and all consuming-can't get enough of each other relationship!! The relationship that hooked me and kept me tuning in for more and the main reason I've watched Season 2 with the hope that no matter what transpires Bo & Dyson are always as one together! Bo & Dyson have a chemistry unlike any other I've ever seen.
Dyson was willing to give his very life being for Bo. Lauren not! The strengh and intensity of Dyson's love for Bo reaches deep down into the core of his soul and can never be matched.
I understand Bo is a succubus and may never be able to remain completely faithful to Dyson physically, but at the end of the day its always will be Dyson who has her heart&soul and who she truly loves.

#32 ellencatherin

ellencatherin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Same here. Lauren looks like she's bored all the time. Even when she had her night with Bo. Seriously, the first human to sleep with Bo that lives to talk about it, and she's just meh...I was expecting more from her.

As for Dyson, I think he's just so yummy, especially around Bo.

Definitely agree!! The success of the show came its 1st season, which centered around Bo & Dysons relationship. An Intense,steamy,hauntingly beautiful, mysteriously dark, ubelievaby passionate, loyal and all consuming-can't get enough of each other relationship!! The relationship that hooked me and kept me tuning in for more and the main reason I've watched Season 2 with the hope that no matter what transpires Bo & Dyson are always as one together! Bo & Dyson have a chemistry unlike any other I've ever seen.
Dyson was willing to give his very life being for Bo. Lauren not! The strengh and intensity of Dyson's love for Bo reaches deep down into the core of his soul and can never be matched.
I understand Bo is a succubus and may never be able to remain completely faithful to Dyson physically, but at the end of the day its always will be Dyson who has her heart&soul and who she truly loves.

#33 Mikaa

Mikaa

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Lauren every single day of the week.

#34 harukanoten

harukanoten

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I think the success of the first season had very little to do with the Bo & Dyson relationship and more about the fact that is it a show about a strong independent woman who refuses to conform to the rules of human and fae society and just be who she is. At the Comic Con forum last summer, show creator Michelle Lovretta said that one of the things that this show is based on is the Bechdel Test meaning that the women of the show do more than just talk about men. She as well as Anna Silk and Emmanuel Vaugier (The Morrigan), said that they couldn't remember another show in recent history that had such strong female characters that were independent of the men of the show and not dependent on them. In fact you could argue that ironically the only woman completely tied to and dependent on a man is the lesbian (Lauren).

While I think the homegrown audience (Canada & now the U.S) is the core of the Bo & Dyson fans, you can't deny that the international interest is due primarily because of the Bo & Lauren relationship and pretty much everything else about the show that has absolutely nothing to do with Dyson. It was the 9th most illegally downloaded series of 2011 and I highly doubt most of those people were waiting to see Kris Holden-Reid take his shirt off and more interested in watching Bo kick some major *** and see what whacky thing is going to come out of Kenzi's mouth. Even if Lauren wasn't in the picture, I'd still want to watch this show because of Bo and Kenzi. They are the really OTP of this series and without them together as a team, this show would be dull dull dull.

#35 mmalaford

mmalaford

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

The success of the show came its 1st season, which centered around Bo & Dysons relationship. An Intense,steamy,hauntingly beautiful, mysteriously dark, ubelievaby passionate, loyal and all consuming-can't get enough of each other relationship!!

Ummmmm No

The success of the show's first season is more due to the strong kick *** charcter of Bo and her realtionship with ALL the other characters around her. Bo's most significant relationship is with Kensi not Dyson. I think in Bo's life that's the realtionship, that's going to last.

#36 xenasgrrl

xenasgrrl

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Team Lauren all the way. Actually, right now I am feeling really annoyed with the show. Have we really not progressed since the days of Xena, when all the lesbian stuff had to be "wink wink"?

I was absolutely LOVING the dynamics between Bo and Lauren. But now its just gone all Dyson and Bo saying she loved him and she's dressing all slutty to win him back...really? There seems to always be an "excuse" or reason why two women on a tv show get together. Lauren slept with Bo, but only for ulterior motives? Come on.

I want to see Bo and Lauren come together for REAL- no bogus reasons, no possessions, nothing but sheer animal attraction and maybe some romantic feelings too.

#37 xenasgrrl

xenasgrrl

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

I agree, NO WAY to that other statement. I am drawn to the show because of Bo, and her strong kick- *** character. Secondly, I love her friendship with Kenize and adore Kenize. Third, I watch for Bo/Lauren. And honestly I love Trick too. Dyson? Is boring to me.

Ummmmm No

The success of the show's first season is more due to the strong kick *** charcter of Bo and her realtionship with ALL the other characters around her. Bo's most significant relationship is with Kensi not Dyson. I think in Bo's life that's the realtionship, that's going to last.

#38 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I quite agree with everything that you have although I was under the impression that Dyson answered to Trick (because of fealty) first and then the Ash (who was not supposed to be aware of the duel allegiance). Could be wrong, though...

You are correct. Dyson is Light Fae, and is legally bound (by Fae laws) to report to the Ash, but is real loyalty is to Trick, The Blood King. So he functions much like a double agent. Hale too for that matter, though he doesn't know why yet...
Posted Image

#39 LaneMeyer43

LaneMeyer43

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

I say what I say after seeing up through season 2, but was my impression in season 1 so not a spoiler.

Dyson is a control freak jerk, who is unable to accept that Bo is a succubus and thus drawn to variou sexual partners and has serious issues of his own. The two just don't mesh well with me. One is a hundreds of years old werewolf warrior who used to getting things his way and others falling for him; but not used to falling for others and feels possessive of everthing in his life.

Lauren is a doctor, with confussed goals, not to mention human so anything longe term with Bo would be impossible (Bo will stay young while Lauren grows old and dies), and Bo can't turn people so not an option. Lauren also has other issues working against her that I can't reveal

as for other options

Spoiler

#40 LaneMeyer43

LaneMeyer43

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

When Dyson gave Bo his strength and was cursed, I was really hoping that they were writing him off the show. I know I'm a bit racist, but I don't like hot women dating werewolves in general. Dyson's a cop to boot, which is a disease, and I think his character detracts from the show. I like Lauren's character alot and Kensi's the best. Trick is great. I wish they would make Bo more mischievous, seductive, and promiscuous. She is a Succubus after all. She can still be good, let's just have fun with it. I couldn't stand the Buffy/Angel nonsense on BTVS, which was a fantastic show. Surprisingly Willow/OZ was OK despite his werewolf affliction. But SyFy has the makings of a terrific show if they could just improve on the idea and run with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users