• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Angeliqua

Angeliqua

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

A few days ago I watched a rerun of the Lizard Man episode. This probably the third time I have watched this episode and I didn't expect anything. At one point Josh hears something and zooms in on a bush, he even says that he can see a shawdow of something crouched down in the bush. I thought I saw a face, so I rewinded and paused the tape to get a closer look at the bush. To my surprise I can see the entire head and body of what looks alot like what witnesses describe, of a bipedal animal crouched at the waste and squating down in the bush. It shows up highlighted, not in shadow.
Please check this out. I am looking forward to finding out what it is that I am seeing.Angeliqua

#2 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Got a link to show us so we can judge for ourselves?

#3 Derek9859

Derek9859

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'm watching that episode right now on Netflix to see what I can find out...I live close by to where the lizard man is from. When I was a kid I was scared that the lizard man would come out of the woods and carry me off or kill me! I live about 2 hours away from where it all takes place and I have to disagree with Josh and Co. on lizard man being a rumor blown out of proportion even though I've never seen it I do believe in it.

#4 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Ive watched the DVR copy I have of that episode and Im not seeing what you're seeing. Do you have an aproximate time stamp to the episode? or can you otherwise give me an idea of when this happened over the course of it?

#5 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yes...agreed.. A time frame would be most helpful

#6 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

I think Monster Quest did a show on the Lizardman too, I like MQ OK, but they are really........lame...... I`m not sure what other words fit, but at least DT makes this stuff fun, and they don`t try to make stupid findings into something they aren`t, that is one of the biggest reason`s I like the show.

#7 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

I think Monster Quest did a show on the Lizardman too, I like MQ OK, but they are really........lame...... I`m not sure what other words fit, but at least DT makes this stuff fun, and they don`t try to make stupid findings into something they aren`t, that is one of the biggest reason`s I like the show.

Monsterquest was just....eh...they were so desperate to actually have something on the show that they just kept showing normal animals, and boy did them calling a normal sized shark tick me off to no end.

Also loved how "River Monsters" one-uped them; Monster Quest's (killer giant freshwater fish) episode couldn't find jack, and they doubted the existence of giant freshwater killer fish in general (as though one lake applied to the whole world) and River MOnsters has found tons...plus have an actual fisherman on the show.

It something a good deal of these cryptid shows lack; someone actually experienced in the field (as in wilderness hunters, catchers, big game hunters, trackers, ect...)
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#8 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Monsterquest was just....eh...they were so desperate to actually have something on the show that they just kept showing normal animals, and boy did them calling a normal sized shark tick me off to no end.

Also loved how "River Monsters" one-uped them; Monster Quest's (killer giant freshwater fish) episode couldn't find jack, and they doubted the existence of giant freshwater killer fish in general (as though one lake applied to the whole world) and River MOnsters has found tons...plus have an actual fisherman on the show.

It something a good deal of these cryptid shows lack; someone actually experienced in the field (as in wilderness hunters, catchers, big game hunters, trackers, ect...)

Ill agree with that. Its the one thing I always thought DT was missing, an experienced hunter of some kind to handle tracking and field analysis of evidence. Although to be fair, someone like me whos been hunting animals in the pacific northwest would be useless looking for say a Giant anaconda or sea creatures. Likewise I kind of doubt the fisherman on River monsters would be as effective tracking down land creatures.

Expertise in a specific field plays a big role with these kinds of things. There is room to improve the levels of expertise on the show but we also need to be careful that we dont expect to much. If that makes any sense

#9 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

howdy Rhuen, hope all is good with you.

I think it was MQ that was showing a chewed on car, and trying to make it sound like Lizardman could have did it, the whole time i watched, I kept thinking, that is dog bites, ha!

I don`t get to see River Monsters much, but I do like it, he has caught some amazing **** fish I think, c r a p I never would have known about.

#10 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

I think it was MQ that was showing a chewed on car, and trying to make it sound like Lizardman could have did it, the whole time i watched, I kept thinking, that is dog bites, ha!

MQ may have had a chewed car, but I believe DT did, too.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#11 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

:)

Ill agree with that. Its the one thing I always thought DT was missing, an experienced hunter of some kind to handle tracking and field analysis of evidence. Although to be fair, someone like me whos been hunting animals in the pacific northwest would be useless looking for say a Giant anaconda or sea creatures. Likewise I kind of doubt the fisherman on River monsters would be as effective tracking down land creatures.

Expertise in a specific field plays a big role with these kinds of things. There is room to improve the levels of expertise on the show but we also need to be careful that we dont expect to much. If that makes any sense

Wow, thats a really good Idea *Rhuen1,WindofNight*,makes sence to me W.O.N. they do ask different natives or villagers to show them where the creature is, but sometimes I wonder if they have tampered with the scene, I think a professional tracker would be a better Idea.some one that does it for a living, Mmmm, I should add that to Joshs page,I will give you Both credit for the question...Thanks...:rolleyes:

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#12 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

DT did show the car but their zoological expert Mike Dee pretty much said it was fake and I agree with that assessment. The teeth pattern was to random to be from any single animal, certainly not any kind of lizard or reptile species Ive ever seen

#13 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

:)

Wow, thats a really good Idea *Rhuen1,WindofNight*,makes sence to me W.O.N. they do ask different natives or villagers to show them where the creature is, but sometimes I wonder if they have tampered with the scene, I think a professional tracker would be a better Idea.some one that does it for a living, Mmmm, I should add that to Joshs page,I will give you Both credit for the question...Thanks...:rolleyes:

Are you being sarcastic?
I honestly can't tell,

italics usually indicates an altered voice, which with a "wow" at the start usually means it's sarcasm, I have no idea what W.O.N. stands for, the middle part sounds like you are taking the suggestion seriously though; but its followed by (...) which indicates a pause, used for dramatic effect or laugh track time, with a thanks in the middle followed by an "eye roll" which is a sarcastic or frustation indicating facial expression.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia

#14 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I`m having trouble remembering much about DT`s show on it, and may be getting the two confused a bit. The main thing I remember from DT was being in the shops, goofing around, and not a lot about the investigation part, it`s been awhile since I saw that one.

#15 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Has a time frame been established yet?

#16 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Posted ImageGot a link to show us so we can judge for ourselves?

Yeah I said that earlier, and still no link has been provided by Angelique. However with only one post to her credit, she may not be back.

#17 Angeliqua

Angeliqua

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Unfortunately I don't have a link to it, and when the orginal show aired I didn't see it either. Then when the rerun came on I thought I saw something in the bush, after rewinding and freezing the show, I could see it and it is fairly obvious. I was hoping that DT would get the message and review the tape. It is there and I swear it on my entire being.@

#18 Angeliqua

Angeliqua

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

1333952823[/url]' post='7015746']
Has a time frame been established yet?

what time frame?

#19 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

what time frame?

They might mean how far into the episode.

#20 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

They might mean how far into the episode.

yup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users