5 replies to this topic

#1 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yep, was just booked for Thursday in Guelph (persumably at the former Guelph Correctional Institute) as an insane asylum inmate.
Posted Image

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,575 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

You mean you're going to appear in an episode of Alphas?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#3 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

You mean you're going to appear in an episode of Alphas?

Possibly. I will be a background performer, which could mean I'm easily seen, see the back of my head, see only my hands or not get used at all. Such is the roulette wheel of being an extra... ^_^

The two episodes of Lost Girl I worked on, I was easily seen (you can check out my screen captures in the Lost Girl forum) but I also did a scene in the second episode where I was only a figure walking by a window. I knew it was me... :D
Posted Image

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,575 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Possibly. I will be a background performer, which could mean I'm easily seen, see the back of my head, see only my hands or not get used at all. Such is the roulette wheel of being an extra... ^_^

The two episodes of Lost Girl I worked on, I was easily seen (you can check out my screen captures in the Lost Girl forum) but I also did a scene in the second episode where I was only a figure walking by a window. I knew it was me... :D

That's so amazing! Can you tell me which topic it's in?. Thank you.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#5 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

That's so amazing! Can you tell me which topic it's in?. Thank you.

Oh sure, I put them in a thread entitled "EvilDoctor on Lost Girl!", they are on the third page of topics I believe...
Posted Image

#6 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Okay, had my day on Alphas on Thursday, It's for the first episode of season 2 (called Wake-up Call.) Since I've never actually seen this show, I won't get into details of the actual story line (since I don't want to inadvertantly spoil an important plot point, or get into trouble with Syfy ^_^ ). As it turned out the filming was in deed filmed at the Guelph Correctional Institute and boy was it cold! Because the building is no longer a functioning jail, all heat has been turned off inside, so we were cold most of the day. I started the day as an asylum patient, and had two scenes outside, which, because of the weather, was bitterly cold, so in between shots we were running to get our coats on and taking advantage of going inside (which wasn't much better but at least it was out of the wind) when new shots were being set up. After the exteriors were completed I was redressed as an 'Alpha' with four others, where upon we sat for the rest of the day in holding waiting to be used. We finally were brought in for the final scene, and placed in this room with translucent glass panels where all we did was walk back and forth.

It ended up being a fairly long day of 12 and a quarter hours for me (not including the hour long lunch break), so the pay for the day should be good. However we did get into a dispute with production over the lunch break time. They claimed it was from 6pm to 7pm when in fact it was from 7pm to 8pm, which for background means an extra hour of meal penalty that production was trying to deprive us of (amount of something like $24 to $36. Cheap bastards.) For the first time I had to mark disagree on my pay voucher... :(

Unfortunately, most of the work was either deep background or behind a frosted pane of glass, so I don't think I will be able to pull screen shots of myself when the episode airs...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users