5 replies to this topic

#1 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

i was going through my old tapes and found my old collection of andromeda it started off as a good show, but then something happened and it went off the tracks, but at least they wrapped it up, in a convoluted way, but they wrapped it up.

my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,205 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

To me, and this is just my opinion, it seemed to get off track when Lexa Doig left the series for a period of time while Brandy Ledford took over her role. Don't get me wrong; Brandy is a good actress, but it wasn't the same without Lexa.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#3 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

To me, and this is just my opinion, it seemed to get off track when Lexa Doig left the series for a period of time while Brandy Ledford took over her role. Don't get me wrong; Brandy is a good actress, but it wasn't the same without Lexa.

yeah, it wasn't the same, while brandy was better looking, we had already established lexia as rommy. a big change like that after having an established character like rommy for so long, would take a while for her to be accepted and she just didn't have the time.

not to mention the whole sefra and methos thing.
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#4 Schmitty

Schmitty

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

yeah, it wasn't the same, while brandy was better looking, we had already established lexia as rommy. a big change like that after having an established character like rommy for so long, would take a while for her to be accepted and she just didn't have the time.

not to mention the whole sefra and methos thing.

I liked Brandy, but they should of gave her a human character, a local that fell in with the crew. S5 had some of the best character interaction and vfx of any season (imo), but the stories had plot holes and was mostly unconvincing fantasy.

Fun show to watch though.

#5 medievil

medievil

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

Lexa was pregnant, she didn't leave the show, but they couldn't have a Pregnant android...lol

as far as the show (I have it on dvd, the slipstream collection) it started going downhill a bit when tribune force RHW(Robert Hewit Wolfe) to make changes .. turning trance into the golden gal for example and then later that season they fired him .. even though he CREATED the show, had the vision... they wanted it to go in a different route..
If you've never read it.. google the andromeda coda.. it is RHW's 5 year arc of the story as he had it planned out.. much different than what tribune had in mind.. you learn what trance really is(purple trance) the engine of creation actually has a purpose instead of a one episode story then shelved... Tier's story actually has purpose and meaning....it's a really great read!

#6 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,205 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Just an FYI that I found Andromeda on YouTube and spent the weekend re-watching the first 10 episodes of season 1. Boy do I miss this show!

If anyone is interested, all 5 seasons are available here:

http://www.youtube.c...g?feature=watch

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users