#1 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

!!!!BUMP THIS THREAD!!!

Send the following message as an email to these addresses to possibly persuade the network and publishers to air B&C. Your help is vital in the execution of a green light for this show! SPREAD THE WORD!

Email Addresses:
--------------------------------------
nbcuniversalviewerfeedback@nbcuni.com
feedback@syfy.com
--------------------------------------

TITLE FOR EMAIL: Syfy Viewers Around the Globe Want Blood & Chrome!

Dear NBC-Universal / SYFY Network,

The video leaked on YouTube containing the trailer for the Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, received over 100,000 views in under 24 hours before being pulled. I would kindly like to ask that you reassess this show and continue production for a full series on the Syfy network. A video and show this popular cannot be underestimated. After all, the re-imagined RDM Battlestar Galactica garnered international support. This included the United Nations, Emmy awards and nominations, and a Peabody Award.

Iím not even done yet, This article explains how influential people such as PHILLIP DEFRANCO with over 250,000 Twitter followers, and Space Channelís Teddy Wilson both were very saddened by the decision. This, along with millions of other fans wonder... how could you do this to us? You gave us Battlestar, give us something more. MILLIONS of fans are READY to watch this!

http://www.webpronew...is-dead-2012-03 (CLICK THE LINK AND COPY ADDRESS BAR!)

Please forward this message to the appropriate manager / executive if you feel this is a valid argument. If not, well, then you really have given up on your supporters.

Kind Regards,

Fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: An article written during SDCC stated that

"Skip Harvey tells us that Richard Hatch and BSG series co-executive producer and writer Jane Espensen are convinced Blood and Chrome is still on the table as a series for SyFy, and that Bryan Singerís BSG movie is on track."

Good news if they're right! Please keep sending those emails, you are making an impact!

LINK TO ARTICLE

#2 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Against my better judgment, I sent the email. But I felt like I was a pandering painted lady on the cold streets of Vancouver.

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#3 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Against my better judgment, I sent the email. But I felt like I was a pandering painted lady on the cold streets of Vancouver.

A fan's participation in an effort such as this is vital to get the show back online. If we sit and wait, we will be dissapointed as we are now.

#4 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

:mellow:

#5 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

With Ronald Moore re-upping with Sony. Maybe he can reach down into those deep pockets of theirs and slip out 20 million or so to finance 17th Precinct if not Blood and Chrome.

#6 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I hope we can preserve the legacy of the series and possibly add thousands of extra fans with a Blood and Chrome TV show. Can we make this happen? Send those emails! Tell your friends!

#7 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I hope we can preserve the legacy of the series and possibly add thousands of extra fans with a Blood and Chrome TV show. Can we make this happen? Send those emails! Tell your friends!

I don't think we can make a difference. Mainly because our "crowd" are not traditional viewers and I believe this is how/why Caprica got the axe. The antiquated system of "ratings" does not count for people that torrent or watch through other means. It also doesn't count for those people in the modern age who want to wait until the series or season is finished, then buy or rent the dvd to watch at their own pace.

If Battlestar Galactica was trying to be made with now, I have little doubt it wouldn't happen. It wouldn't make it, I mean. It started in 2004 where only a select few did NOT "tune in" to that time slot and get counted for watching. It is my firm belief that Galactica season 4 only happened because of the already-known massive pocket viewership. They had evidence the show was being watching (along with the commercials) and could justify keeping the show on. Maybe even by season 3 this was the case. Then when Caprica happened, the thievery and technology was in full swing and it probably looked like no one was watching the show when they actually were.

One could blame the content of Caprica for its failure but I do not think so.

So, it's kinda silly to think we can scream loud to a network that we want the show to happen when we are going to watch it through unconventional means. It would be another Caprica or worse and get truncated right in the middle one day without warning. ALSO, the SyFrak channel is no longer the Sci-Fi channel. That can't be forgotten. I have little doubt some financial spreadsheet is the Head of the Board of Directors now, and there is no such thing as "risk" or "chance" or "edgy" anymore. That channel is commodity now, no one cares about investment or commitment to fanbase. WHO loves "Waspzilla"? And if you are SyFrak, would you pander to them an edgy, challenging show that requires risk?

Basically, if you gave up your home to the Jersey Shore people, who, but skanks, is going to come TO your house when they have to dodge hurl on the floor, meaninglessness, and inane banter by 'people' (LOOSELY) from New Jersey? If you're from NJ, sorry, but your state is anathema (cursed).

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#8 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't think we can make a difference. Mainly because our "crowd" are not traditional viewers and I believe this is how/why Caprica got the axe. The antiquated system of "ratings" does not count for people that torrent or watch through other means. It also doesn't count for those people in the modern age who want to wait until the series or season is finished, then buy or rent the dvd to watch at their own pace.

If Battlestar Galactica was trying to be made with now, I have little doubt it wouldn't happen. It wouldn't make it, I mean. It started in 2004 where only a select few did NOT "tune in" to that time slot and get counted for watching. It is my firm belief that Galactica season 4 only happened because of the already-known massive pocket viewership. They had evidence the show was being watching (along with the commercials) and could justify keeping the show on. Maybe even by season 3 this was the case. Then when Caprica happened, the thievery and technology was in full swing and it probably looked like no one was watching the show when they actually were.

One could blame the content of Caprica for its failure but I do not think so.

So, it's kinda silly to think we can scream loud to a network that we want the show to happen when we are going to watch it through unconventional means. It would be another Caprica or worse and get truncated right in the middle one day without warning. ALSO, the SyFrak channel is no longer the Sci-Fi channel. That can't be forgotten. I have little doubt some financial spreadsheet is the Head of the Board of Directors now, and there is no such thing as "risk" or "chance" or "edgy" anymore. That channel is commodity now, no one cares about investment or commitment to fanbase. WHO loves "Waspzilla"? And if you are SyFrak, would you pander to them an edgy, challenging show that requires risk?

Basically, if you gave up your home to the Jersey Shore people, who, but skanks, is going to come TO your house when they have to dodge hurl on the floor, meaninglessness, and inane banter by 'people' (LOOSELY) from New Jersey? If you're from NJ, sorry, but your state is anathema (cursed).

Sadly I agree with most of what you're saying. The Syfy network definitely isn't what it used to be. Nobody wants to see the mindless shows they put on now that have the worst acting of any network I've ever seen in my life.

Syfy could of been on the top of everything thanks to Battlestar, because as we all know, the show broke records and was on par with the top of the top. The network scrapped their chance to become something amazing, and here we are left with this disgusting, unforgivable *****.

#9 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

They let the fame get to them and then started getting greedy and trying to make a quick buck.

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#10 chillyche

chillyche

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'd like to see another BSG show, too. Preferably one more in line with BSG S1 and S2 than S4 and Caprica. I'll be honest, I liked BSG because of three things: It had space ships, I liked the original show as a kid, and it was a really good show with a great balance of story telling, metaphor, character and action. Caprica failed mostly because it didn't have any of those three. It might have been interesting from an intellectual standpoint, but it wasn't compelling in the same way that BSG was, and it was more than a little melodramatic. Moreover, it alienated a lot of BSG fans by being what it was, so if the fan-base was split, then how could we expect new viewers to sign on to a sci-fi soap? To be fair, I never gave it a shot after the pilot (which I thought was pretty bad), but I don't feel like I should have to watch four or five episodes of something before it "gets good." It should already be good and get better. And if it's not good from the jump-off, it should at least have an awesome gimmick (like, say, space dogfights).

So, the point of all that is, I don't know if B&C has what it takes to be as much of a hit as Galactica. None of us do. It certainly has action and cool effects, we saw that much in the leaked trailer. But so does Wrath of the Titans, and that's a pile of garbage. BSG was so successful for Sci-Fi (as it was back then) not because of genre fans, but because it appealed to a broader audience. It did that by having a very human story, an interesting cast of characters, and through-line that wouldn't quit: "it's the end of the world, Lee."

Not only is it unclear whether or not Blood & Chrome is Blade Runner or just Blade: Trinity, but it is clear that Syfy has discovered a far more profitable model. Somebody else nailed it: Jersey Shore. Like MTV, Syfy has discovered that the profit margins on a piece of junk reality show or cheap-to-produce schlock are far higher. There's no reason for Syfy to drop the astronomically large sums of money it costs to do a good show for an entire season (on digital sets, no less, where every shot is an fx shot) when they're not even guaranteed a return. I can't say I like this way of thinking, but it's the industry. Some channels do business by specifically positioning themselves as the cream of the crop (HBO, and now Showtime and AMC), and so it's worth it to them to do something right. But Syfy is not that channel. They're not a premium channel, they're not even included in every cable package, and they're not terribly mainstream. In fact, NBC itself would be a better home for a show like that, if not AMC or HBO.

Frankly, the best thing that could happen for B&C is that another channel picks it up. Assuming of course it's any good in the first place. It's bound to be filled with retcons, and if it has to fit into some of the cockeyed ideas that came out in the fourth season, then it can't possibly be as good as the first two seasons of BSG.

#11 jxf011

jxf011

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

#12 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Well said chillyche, well said indeed. I almost think it'd be better to enjoy the B&C trailer and not have a series. We can always think fondly of what could have been which is likely far better than what would have been.

yeah but isn't that like practicing "self-love" (warm up them handsPosted Image) with a really great picture of a naked chic because you don't want to take the chances of meeting a real girl? Posted Image

#13 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

last i checked, this morning, a b&c traIler was here:

http://io9.com/58950...lood-and-chrome

#14 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I agree with what everybody said above...

But Fraking Syfy, why wont you notice the potential in things like this? From a fan's prospective Battlestar Galactica wasn't just a show. No, it was something much greater than that. I have never seen a show do to me what BSG did, give me an ambition to think in a whole different way. A smarter way. It will live on in "every fiber of my being" forever and ever.

Now, can we get old Ronnie and the team back together, and make another breakaway hit? Please. And let them pick the actors, because the last batch sure was universally acclaimed. They were mighty fine actors.

#15 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Posted ImageAgainst my better judgment, I sent the email.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Please tell your friends / family to join in. We can't let the opportunity of another great show pass us by, and leave the Battlestar legacy complete with the short lived Caprica.

#16 rsxstewart

rsxstewart

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for setting this topic up. I urge everyone to send this e-mail!

#17 theenforcer2

theenforcer2

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Any news yet?

The Enforcer.
Posted Image

#18 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Any news yet?

The Enforcer.

Nothing on my end. I encourage everyone to continue sending emails though, we can't let up. The decision could rest on us.

I really, really want this show to air. That trailer brought back so many memories of watching Battlestar on Friday nights with my family. Good times... It seems like yesterday.

#19 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Bump for continued emailing! Please email!

#20 ShiningPathofLight

ShiningPathofLight

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

I have to agree with a poster above, "BSG" Seasons 1, 2 and the first part of 3 were awesome but then the show went down the toilet. I know RDM blames executive interference for the poor quality of Season 3 but he and the rest of the writers have no one to blame but themselves for Season 4 and the finale. "Caprica" was pretty cool but it did not fit into what RDM hates the most, his own story's canon which he and his writers complete ignored whenever it suited them. It's just poor story telling, lazy and hopefully if someone does pick this up again they will at the very least pay attention to their own story, RDM and company didn't and so we're left with half a bad@ss series and half a jumbled mess.

SPOL
Posted Image
"I don't care what I do when I grow up as long as I don't have to wear a suit and fly." Clark Kent-"Smallville"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users