• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MajorRexHavoc

MajorRexHavoc

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I remember when I subscribed to cable JUST to get the Scifi channel. How far from the tree this channel has fallen.

Please, some real Scifi shows that are not about vampires, ghost hunting, meteors, earthquakes, storms, or other cheap, bad movies, or this kind of reality nonsense. PLEASE!

This is all you offer now. More reality ***** that has NO Scifi value at all. Add this to Ghost hunters with mother-in-law science, Fact of Fiction bozos that have no understanding of technology (they did not even know that IR lights will expose film), and then wrestling to round it out! Think it is time to change the channel name to UPN!

And what do you say on the Eureka promo: "The end begins?" Oh yea, the end of anything scifi begins. Got it.

Remember UPN? Remember they used to have great Scifi programming, then dropped it all for reality and wrestling? Remember that they died a hard death as a network?

Today, with this addition, I consider dropping cable just to get away from this channel. Really? Seattle Super Storm? REALLY?

What a joke! Total Blackout is what should happen to the Syfy channel.

I miss the old Scifi-Channel.

#2 MajorRexHavoc

MajorRexHavoc

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Oh, I should thank you for one thing Syfy. I watch a LOT LESS TV now. Thanks for that!

#3 LondoNC

LondoNC

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Yeah, it's come to this. I have figured out SYFY's marketing strategy though. If you show the same five shows more than million times each and the same 500 people watch them you can claim a market of more than half-a-billion viewers. Sharks from space traveling via some kind of FTL tornado who exorcise ghosts who stab vampires through the heart by means of their excessive use of the phrase "What the **** was that?" might be interesting. But only if the werewolves trapped in Al Capone's Vault have a high enough EM reading and truly embarrassing make-up by Cleve.

As for this show? I won't even bother...

More often than not SYFY is becoming increasingly Blacked out at my house anyway. I really don't need any more IR camera *****.

#4 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, it's come to this. I have figured out SYFY's marketing strategy though. If you show the same five shows more than million times each and the same 500 people watch them you can claim a market of more than half-a-billion viewers. Sharks from space traveling via some kind of FTL tornado who exorcise ghosts who stab vampires through the heart by means of their excessive use of the phrase "What the **** was that?" might be interesting. But only if the werewolves trapped in Al Capone's Vault have a high enough EM reading and truly embarrassing make-up by Cleve.

As for this show? I won't even bother...

More often than not SYFY is becoming increasingly Blacked out at my house anyway. I really don't need any more IR camera *****.

not even an orginal show, it is orginally danish, or german, something like that.

http://www.youtube.c....0.92.92.1.1.0.
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#5 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

not even an orginal show, it is orginally danish, or german, something like that.

Danish, as noted in Syfy's press release. The Danish creator is also executive producing the U.S. version.

#6 Mr_Ambassador

Mr_Ambassador

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I am a longtime Syfy viewer. Yeah, I cringed when they started leaning towards reality programming. I definitely said "WTF" when wrestiling moved here. It seems they lost their way. Even though this show isn't sci-fi per se, I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this show. I love scifi, but I also enjoy funny. This show was funny. I am DVRing all the episodes of this show. I like this one.

#7 RobertCoplin

RobertCoplin

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Come on Syfy is this what you call entertainment because i would rather watch paint dry then this stupid show.I like to know how Syfy Channel determines on what programs it desides to put on the air because i think it would rather put on cheap reality programming then put on a good science fiction series?

#8 BrianWonderful

BrianWonderful

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

It isn't even well done reality; it is all fake. I just watched this tonight. You can clearly see their shadows in the footage, and you can see reflection of the studio lights in their helmets and on men's bald heads. You can see them casting clear reflections in glass. There was an obstacle course scene where small spot lighting was clearly visible in the shot. It is all fake, and loaded with bad actors trying to show how 'extreme' it was. The reactions were completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

#9 MePlayToo

MePlayToo

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Complete and utter *****. What rocks did you look under to find those contestants? Obviously you were scouting at at least one drag queen contest.

Shame that the only new drivel you can put on your ever-evolving and now (at least in my home) unwatched network is reality drivel. Nice move. We already have a channel for that.

And Jaleel White? He came off as insulting and prickish rather than entertaining. Time to go back to Urkel.

#10 julieforever

julieforever

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Some of you really need to catch up to the here and now.
A lot of channels have been adding shows that were never there when they started out. Including, E Channel they now play movies, TV Guide channel plays movies and older TV shows, and many channels are adding reality show that never had them before. At least this show has to do with scaring people so I think this show fits right in.

#11 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,896 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I saw the commercial for the series this week. Is this what passes for entertainment these days? Having a person in the dark close a toilet lid with her mouth?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#12 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

This show looks so bad to me just from the commercials, that I would never watch it, I just checked out the show thread cause I was interested to see if anybody did like it.

#13 retiredat53

retiredat53

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

now that the total moron segement of your demographic is in a trance, how about putting the good stuff back on...

oh yeah, I bet we will see some lawsuit on TMZ, or The Smoking Gun, with the stupid people who go on this show suing, because they looked more stupid...

Maybe the Black Woman will sue because they made a Black person lick a toilet seat in the dark, or the gay guy crapped his drawers in the dark.. and he screamed like a little girl... which made him look too gay...

#14 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Send this "show" back where it came from. It makes some of thhe mentally ill patients I work with seem to have an IQ above what is possible. Poor excuse for something to put on television to take up time and space, not to mention the mental status of those participating. :blink:
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#15 murph2920

murph2920

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Total Blackout is the worst show on T.V. Even worse than Swamp People, or that goofy show with that fat little whore "Snookie."

#16 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Total Blackout is the worst show on T.V. Even worse than Swamp People, or that goofy show with that fat little whore "Snookie."

I like swamp people, maybe cause I can relate, and like killing varmmits, so I don`t see that show being nothing like the others you mentioned :-)

#17 Azhrei

Azhrei

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

It isn't even well done reality; it is all fake. I just watched this tonight. You can clearly see their shadows in the footage, and you can see reflection of the studio lights in their helmets and on men's bald heads. You can see them casting clear reflections in glass. There was an obstacle course scene where small spot lighting was clearly visible in the shot. It is all fake, and loaded with bad actors trying to show how 'extreme' it was. The reactions were completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

You're an idiot, not only do you post the exact same thing in multiple threads.... you don't even know what you're talking about. I invite you to go to thread: http://forums.syfy.c...ost&pid=7018223 and look at SBfan20000 and arrodriguez91's replies to you, especially the latter. There's this nice little link to educate youself on infrared. lol... the ONLY thing you ever said that might be true is they may be coached to over-react. However, since every guy on the show is some gay-arse freak that screams like a 5 year old girl, I kinda doubt that too.

#18 Sidey

Sidey

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

This is just sad. The Sci-Fi Channel (which used to stand for Science Fiction) is changed to SyFy (not sure what that stands for, probably something to do with ghosts or wrestling) and now airs all sorts of "reality" *****. Why not just give up pretending and change the name of your network again? You could call it the WG network (wrestling and ghosts?), not a very good name but at least its a more accurate description of your current programming.

#19 pktom12000

pktom12000

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

You forgot about the never ending bad cgi shark movies they have now. I have no idea who are the executives but they have truly destroyed SyFy!!
Now we all know why they changed the letters. They knew ahead of time that they were going to change SciFi into bad reality shows, horrible plotted CGI movies (i.e. Jersey Shore Shark Attack KR@P) and even worse managerial direction (i.e. - cancellation of shows like Stargate Universe, Eureka). Shame on you SyFy!!!!!

#20 maggiemayday

maggiemayday

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

The suits running Syfy should be contestants on this show. They are completely in the dark about their viewers' entertainment needs. Licking toilet seats should come naturally.

My photo album
MMD's Other Blog
My deviant Art

MaggieMayDay, Daniel's Armorer, Munitions Expert, and Blade Wrangler

I'd rather climb a mountain then crawl in a hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users