73 replies to this topic

#21 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

I freaking hate the fact that in 2012, websites aren't allowing me to watch videos because I'm from Canada. Seriously? It's not like I'm from North Korea ..

I love Canadians! During 9/11, you guys let all of our planes land that were stuck out outside the country with no place to land when the no fly zone when up that day. Then you took our stranded passengers into your homes during that infamous week and fed and clothed them.

Then during the last winter olympics you treated us Americans as honored guests and we repaid that debt by letting you win the hockey gold medal.

In addition, when I buy a new book and look at the price of the book on the back cover, it always makes me feel better that the Canadian price is higher than I have to pay.

At the very least these websites should let you watch anything you want. Let me know who they are and I will raise some heck with them.

#22 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Darnit. Forgot to add a thanks to Tipi for removing all the parody stuff from the GH forum and here. Hope she likes a Giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcake.

Posted Image

Wow, Yummy! She will love this.:rolleyes:
FYI Our fearless Leader Tipi Can't, and won't, Start Her Day Without a Huge cup of Hot Chocolate,
My self, I gotta ,just gotta have my caffeine, coupious amounts of Coffee all day lol

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#23 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I love Canadians! During 9/11, you guys let all of our planes land that were stuck out outside the country with no place to land when the no fly zone when up that day. Then you took our stranded passengers into your homes during that infamous week and fed and clothed them.

Then during the last winter olympics you treated us Americans as honored guests and we repaid that debt by letting you win the hockey gold medal.

In addition, when I buy a new book and look at the price of the book on the back cover, it always makes me feel better that the Canadian price is higher than I have to pay.

At the very least these websites should let you watch anything you want. Let me know who they are and I will raise some heck with them.

Hear! Hear! Is the practice of not letting you view from Canada in 2012 something new that's been imposed?

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#24 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

This was posted in July Of 2007 Proof that he was on The Syfy Board.
so Josh, where are You?

..Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:34 PM Josh Gates here.

First off, I just want to say thanks to everyone who’s been watching Destination Truth these last 6 weeks. The filming of the first season was a wild ride and we’ve been really thrilled to bring viewers along with us to the exotic locales we explored all over the world.

To the fans of Destination Truth, I thank you for your compliments, creature suggestions, and enthusiasm about the show. To the critics in the forum, I want to thank you as well. Your input is really valuable to us, and we look forward to honing the show and bringing you all new episodes that take your suggestions into account.

To those in Southern California who plan to attend ComiCon in San Diego next weekend, I’ll be there moderating SciFi’s Flash Gordon panel.

Thanks for watching Destination Truth and we’ll keep you posted as to when we hit the road again to all new destinations. Stay tuned!

Oh, and I’ll keep the ‘What was that?’ down to a minimum. :-)

Cheers,

Josh Gates

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Posted Image

#25 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

That was during the first season. It's a must for new TV personality to be posting on forums and kissing fans' ***.

It's like a rock band. New bands are over promoting records. A well established band, while still respecting his fan base, doesn't need to be as close or be everywhere at all costs.

#26 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

jimmyjoejimbobb: :blink: WOW! you knew it was my birthday week didn't you! Thanks!

Lillyjay: Coffee is the ICK! hot chocolate = nectar of the gods!

Moe: loved it
Deep: for you we will protest!

native2.gif

#27 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for the laugh!

Overall, I'd say we're decent people ;)

#28 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Joshua Gates

‎(from AMANDA) Josh wanted me to let you guys know - "Please let the DT fanverse know - I'm going to make a big announcement at C2E2 in Chicago. I don't want to reveal what it is just yet, but it's something special. So, help spread the Alarm!!
Thanks Amanda.

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'

'STRANDED'

Posted Image

#29 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

About time.

#30 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

About time.

I wonder at the choice of the word "Alarm" though. I doubt it's horrible news but I would not have used the word "Alarm"

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#31 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Odd choice but his tweet was worded differently. 99% sure he will announce the date for the season premiere.

#32 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Odd choice but his tweet was worded differently. 99% sure he will announce the date for the season premiere.

Good thing you left that 1% open Posted Image

Can't wait to share my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT at @C2E2. Hint, it's not the air date of DT (which will be sometime this summer!) #Mystery

#33 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

I would say that I am 99% sure, that the announcement will be one of the two:

-DT has been given the go ahead for more episodes to be filmed. Or
-Josh has a new TV program gig.

#34 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I would say that I am 99% sure, that the announcement will be one of the two:

-DT has been given the go ahead for more episodes to be filmed. Or
-Josh has a new TV program gig.

I hope it's the first of those. Based on the "quotes" that Amanda uses, Josh did use the term "Alarm" but not in his original twit. Since he wants the word spread to the DT fanverse, I assume it's then related to DT which would support the first of your guesses. Unless the "Alarm" has specific purpose for being used.

#35 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I hope it's the first of those. Based on the "quotes" that Amanda uses, Josh did use the term "Alarm" but not in his original twit. Since he wants the word spread to the DT fanverse, I assume it's then related to DT which would support the first of your guesses. Unless the "Alarm" has specific purpose for being used.

I agree. So lets hope DT has the green light.

#36 TRDG1

TRDG1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Can't wait to see whats up, wonder if it is for a fresh new season shoot the forematt might change or perhaps some else that will kick DT into high gear?

Cheers, at least we got a crumb or two of something good will happen, eventually.....!!

Tom

#37 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

One thing I know for sure is that it isn't about when the new season of DT will air. He stated that on Twitter this weekend.

#38 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

One thing I know for sure is that it isn't about when the new season of DT will air. He stated that on Twitter this weekend.

http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=7015578 Posted Image

#39 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=7015578 Posted Image

Yep that is the one and same tweet.

#40 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I doubt they got the green light to film new episodes.

Why wait forever before airing those new episodes and then announce a new season without knowing what the ratings will look like?

Destination Truth: The Movie? haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users