Photo

Attention SYFY network keep GHI (Ghost Hunters International) on the air!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

a petition has been started to save GHI
Please sign if you would like to let SyFy know you want the show.

native2.gif

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Kris as alluded to the rush of activity today about the petition and continues to harp her "Change"

Funny when everyone else is freaked out and I am not. ;) #Change

Could be that regardless of the status of GHI, she's moving on.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 Roricus

Roricus

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Maybe SyFy will be airing "The Kris Williams Show" soon Posted Image
"Reality Is Just a Crutch For People Who Can't Handle Science Fiction"

#4 LadyCat

LadyCat

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for starting the petition, it's been signed!

#5 H4RKN355

H4RKN355

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Let's hope so

#6 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Kris as alluded to the rush of activity today about the petition and continues to harp her "Change"

Funny when everyone else is freaked out and I am not. ;) #Change

It sounds like she's wishing harm to fellow teammates. She truly believes that she's better and above the pack.

#7 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I for one have said it before and I will say it again, I think Ghost Hunters should have One show! combine staff, the staff could just take turns going International and Local,that way it would keep the show fresh and they would all have time to be home with there familys. If Steve doesn't want to fly, Oh Well, Waaaaa baby, his loss lol and I think the team of Chris and Amy are being missed by spliting them up.Berry and Joe Chin would also make a great team togather. Tango and Steve are good together, think about it people, would give Jason and Grant time to do there thing. but still get togather for a trip or two..
I think all the energy and money could be spent making one kick A s s show.lol
Just an Idea J&G Posted Image

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#8 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

:P Done and Done :P

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#9 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Definitely.... Done.

Posted Image

#10 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

They need to hire some new suits , start from the top. This show always seemed to struggle for so many various reasons. And it shouldnt, they go to so many great places, but for me the best part is the learning about the location, whereas the investigations have become so predictable and tough for someone with ADHD to sit through...
For my money, im not sure i would want this show to return in the current state its in...someone at syfy has gotta' step up and put some lipstick on this pig... :mellow:

lillyjay, good post...

#11 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

But for me the best part is the learning about the location

And you can't always even believe what you learn from that. Does seem like a bit of a waste. Fantastic location and you get a few seconds as they pull up. Then some fast motion footage through the installation and then they turn out the flippn' lights! In the dark, these places pretty much all look the same, especially since everything is so choppy. There's no wide angle shots that last more than a few seconds and the rest of the time you get close ups of facial expressions. Could easily be retooled a little to make something of it but I don't see them trying to go "off-formula"

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#12 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

They need to inject new blood if they wanna keep viewers interested. I said it before, the dynamic was so different with Robb and Andy. There was a lot more energy and it didn't look like they were simply going through the motions.

#13 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

They need to inject new blood if they wanna keep viewers interested. I said it before, the dynamic was so different with Robb and Andy. There was a lot more energy and it didn't look like they were simply going through the motions.

Andy was annoying in many respects, but you could at least be assured of some interesting investigation techniques and a bit more trying to figure things out. I, personally, think it's too late for this franchise. It would take an entire retool and I don't think we'll see that. I think a lot of the mystique went out of GH/GHI when the members took to twittering and facebooking (did I get those right? lol) You saw them in a different light than they appeared on the shows. Especially the ones who twit every 15 minutes. J&G initially were doing that, too, but backed off.

#14 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I wasn't that annoyed by Andy but I would understand why someone might be. I also preferred the previous locations. Recent locations appear to be randomly picked. You know, Poveglia might not be haunted according to Barry but would still make a better episode than some random abandoned building in the middle of the jungle.

#15 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Is the cast under contract with SYFY? I mean, SYFY cannot let them dangling forever and whether or not there will be another season? Do you think the cast is free to look for other ventures?

#16 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Is the cast under contract with SYFY? I mean, SYFY cannot let them dangling forever and whether or not there will be another season? Do you think the cast is free to look for other ventures?

I'm guessing that it is a "one-off" The cast has/had contracts with Pilgrim and things go through them as far as what they can do. SyFy must have some controls or at least control on the production companies, though, if they can have the stars shill for other programs or have these crossovers.

#17 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

So basically, Pilgrim is like their management?

#18 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

The cast of GH and GHI have contracts with Pilgrim not Syfy. Pilgrim puts out a product and Syfy buys that product. There is a contract Between Syfy and Pilgrim. There may be stipulations within the Syfy/Pilgrim contract on price per episode and possibly some some other covenants that may give Syfy the power to force cast changes for various reasons. But the casts are all paid employees of Pilgrim productions.

#19 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

TY Moe for that clarification..

And by March Pilgrim was looking for Newbie Hunters..

and Oh Gawd.. not THIS Show again!

http://pilgrimstudios.com/casting/

Talk about a waste of Franchise Money.

#20 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

How do you end up being tied up with a production company is beyond my understanding. Shouldn't they have an agent/manager instead? Basically, if GHI goes kaboom .. these guys end up being tied up doing events for Pilgrim? They can't look for a job anywhere else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users