Photo

Attention SYFY network keep GHI (Ghost Hunters International) on the air!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 luvtaps83

luvtaps83

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I have signed it as well. I really hope they keep the show on air. Just get rid of Kris and Susan, bring Rob and Brian back in and you will be golden with the current lineup. Paul, Brian, Rob, Joe and Barry. Would love to see that.

#42 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

I have signed it as well. I really hope they keep the show on air. Just get rid of Kris and Susan, bring Rob and Brian back in and you will be golden with the current lineup. Paul, Brian, Rob, Joe and Barry. Would love to see that.

Robb is not going to be back.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#43 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Robb is not going to be back.

So your saying that there is a chance that Brian will be back.Posted Image

#44 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

...What is WITH some of you and your Krap against Kris, or Susan for that matter?

All you boys have problems with women?.. None of you snark about the Guys..
( well,
maybe Barry, and who wouldnt)...

I dont get you people. Posted Image

#45 ChumTosser

ChumTosser

Sleestak

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

...What is WITH some of you and your Krap against Kris, or Susan for that matter?

All you boys have problems with women?.. None of you snark about the Guys..
( well,
maybe Barry, and who wouldnt)...

I dont get you people. Posted Image

There was a steep jump in ratings after Kris Williams left ghost hunters and went with GHI.

They have to keep girls on the show for the male audience.

I watch it solely because of Susan.

#46 H4RKN355

H4RKN355

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

There was a steep jump in ratings after Kris Williams left ghost hunters and went with GHI.

Actually you are very much mistaken, the episodes may have been better (most of them IMHO) but the ratings didnt go up, least not in any significant way.

Sending Kris to GHI didnt make any real difference at all, it just meant that Robb was no longer there

Kris has basically brought nothing to the show, and if anything has alienated herself from the rest of the team and just looks bored each week.

#47 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I watch it solely because of Susan.

Why doesnt that surprise me

#48 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

..." Kris has basically brought nothing to the show, and if anything has alienated herself from the rest of the team and just looks bored each week. ..."________H4R

.. You 'THINK'.. or you 'ASSUME'.. or you are 'GUESSING'...all that.

The Fact is.. you dont know. Pure Conjecture is just GOSSIP MONGERING

#49 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Why doesnt that surprise me

Which of the three (or all) doesn't surprise you? The last one doesn't surprise me lol The first one is just flat out wrong, though. She started in Hamlet's Castle which had a 1.484. The partial season before that averaged about 1.4 Her second episode was a 1.675 which is the highest since early 2010. However, after that it went to a 1.268, then a 1.234 and her first season on GHI ended with a blistering 1.126 the next partial season started out with a 1.173 and dipped to a 0.941 before ending with a 1.106. So, Kris did not help anything.

Correlation is not necessarily causation, but the ratings have gone down since she started.

The previous season to her arrival averaged about 1.4, her first season averaged 1.33 (helped by the first two episodes which were above the average) Her second partial-season averaged 1.14, and this last one was a little better at almost 1.2. Since the season before the season before she started was in the 2s, I don't know that her addition to the show is what hurt it, it appears to have been on the decline already. I can say, though, that she didn't help it.

As for looking bored each week...yep, that is fairly apparent
Alienating herself from the other members? Been there, done that
Ratings have not improved so in that regard I don't think she's brought anything to the show.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#50 ChumTosser

ChumTosser

Sleestak

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Which of the three (or all) doesn't surprise you? The last one doesn't surprise me lol The first one is just flat out wrong, though. She started in Hamlet's Castle which had a 1.484. The partial season before that averaged about 1.4 Her second episode was a 1.675 which is the highest since early 2010. However, after that it went to a 1.268, then a 1.234 and her first season on GHI ended with a blistering 1.126 the next partial season started out with a 1.173 and dipped to a 0.941 before ending with a 1.106. So, Kris did not help anything.

Correlation is not necessarily causation, but the ratings have gone down since she started.

The previous season to her arrival averaged about 1.4, her first season averaged 1.33 (helped by the first two episodes which were above the average) Her second partial-season averaged 1.14, and this last one was a little better at almost 1.2. Since the season before the season before she started was in the 2s, I don't know that her addition to the show is what hurt it, it appears to have been on the decline already. I can say, though, that she didn't help it.

Ratings have not improved so in that regard I don't think she's brought anything to the show.

Susan and Kris are so cute! They bring a smile to my face every time I see them!

#51 H4RKN355

H4RKN355

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

So I wasnt flat out wrong, I mean her being there didnt single highhandedly make that much of a difference, SyFy for the first time in a long time actually pushed the show on the network, which they havent really done since. Plus with her 100k followers I bet it helped with all the social network buzz, but it would also be apparent that once the audience, myself included cottoned on to her 'not wanting to be there' attitude it put people off the show. Lets face it these guys and girls have been given a heck of an opportunity and very clearly shes throwing it back in there faces. Since her being on the show the rating have dropped from season to season. Of all the team you can see that shes the weak link. Just watching the the show, watching twitter and facebook you can see how much she alienates herself from the entire team. Her big thing is writing a blog for Ancestry dot com, big whoop!

#52 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

So I wasnt flat out wrong, I mean her being there didnt single highhandedly make that much of a difference, SyFy for the first time in a long time actually pushed the show on the network, which they havent really done since. Plus with her 100k followers I bet it helped with all the social network buzz, but it would also be apparent that once the audience, myself included cottoned on to her 'not wanting to be there' attitude it put people off the show. Lets face it these guys and girls have been given a heck of an opportunity and very clearly shes throwing it back in there faces. Since her being on the show the rating have dropped from season to season. Of all the team you can see that shes the weak link. Just watching the the show, watching twitter and facebook you can see how much she alienates herself from the entire team. Her big thing is writing a blog for Ancestry dot com, big whoop!

No, you were correct with all three of yours statements. My post was probably a little confusing since I was referencing two different posts with my response. The first part was commenting on the Chumtosser's three statements, ie, his first one is flat out wrong in that he says "There was a steep jump in ratings after Kris Williams left ghost hunters and went with GHI."

My last three lines were in regard to the three items you mentioned that were called "assumed, guessed, thought" There's quite a bit to back all three of your statements as being correct.

There WAS a jump up for her first two episodes but then it went down below what it had been and has stayed there.

#53 ChumTosser

ChumTosser

Sleestak

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

No, you were correct with all three of yours statements. My post was probably a little confusing since I was referencing two different posts with my response. The first part was commenting on the Chumtosser's three statements, ie, his first one is flat out wrong in that he says "There was a steep jump in ratings after Kris Williams left ghost hunters and went with GHI."

My last three lines were in regard to the three items you mentioned that were called "assumed, guessed, thought" There's quite a bit to back all three of your statements as being correct.

There WAS a jump up for her first two episodes but then it went down below what it had been and has stayed there.

A lot of men watch GH and GHI just to see Kris Williams and Susan Slaughter.

They are two of the most beautiful women on the SyFy channel.

#54 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Give it a rest.

#55 H4RKN355

H4RKN355

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Get a life Tosser.... I mean ChumTosser!

#56 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Give it a rest.

If he doesn't stop, I'm going to start harping on how much Joe Chin irritates me.

#57 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

What are you talking about!?
JOE is the MAN!
B)

native2.gif

#58 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

1334585121[/url]' post='7016671']
JOE is the MAN!
B)

Stop. I'm getting goosebumps.

#59 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

JOE is the MAN!
B)

Joe...the only investigator I've known who has had a near-life experience.

#60 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

It was ..'The Last one'.. Raithe... ( laffn)

the rest, i have to agree with your summary. I dont watch individual ratings.. i just watch the show.

I am an admitted Fan of Kris's , as i have stated.
She adds something the others dont..

.. and lot dont!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users