4 replies to this topic

#1 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

When Ellen came back and reunited with her "children" why didn't she call them by their original names? That kind of sucked. All the "Daniel" stuff was revealed, and then she goes and calls Six "Six". When Saul tells her he is with Six, she's like "the Sixes, we made her"!

ALL of this reeks of just bad planning. Apparently, all of the humanoid models had names and were essentially RAISED by the final five while their copies were maturing in the pods. Ellen speaks of Daniel to Cavil "I was very close to him" and all this, but when she gets back to Galactica, she doesn't even bother to help reveal the truth to the humanoid models about what happened to them. She doesn't even seem that connected to them. When Cavil introduces her to Boomer, it was very aloof. You would think she would have greeted her (or tried to) as her CHILD (as they keep claiming the humanoid models ARE their "children"). Ellen isn't down in sick bay while they are dying from the hull accident, and generally just seems really disconnected from them ALL.

The whole reason behind the cylon civil way in the first place was Natalie's "we think it's time to restore our GREATER unity, to unite the 12 models once and for all". But when Ellen (the only one with total recall of the past) arrives, they not only don't jump on her for information and bonding, they barely even ask questions. I'm not talking generalities like "Cavil blocked your memories" but like "WHAT IS MY REAL NAME?"

You would think if Ellen and the others RAISED these children, Ellen and the children would have more of an intimate interest in each other. But that doesn't even seem to be remotely the case. Even when Boomer is in the room while Ellen talks about Daniel (the model that came right before Boomer) Boomer would be a bit more interested in the missing cylon that was between her and Six. For all the years, I wonder if Six and Eight ever had a conversation that entailed "dude, who is the #7 since I am #6 and you are #8"? And wouldn't they be dying to know this from Ellen who is basically the only one who can tell them about it.

The more I think about it, it would have been cool if Ellen could have guided the 5 to some type of process or procedure for all the rebels to get back their missing memories. It may not have been possible, but was never even remotely addressed. What was the point of them wanting to "be with the 5" anyway? You would think it would be about getting answers to some of this stuff.

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#2 mbozzo2008

mbozzo2008

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I guess that the writers of the show didn't think this over. I'm not so sure about Ellen being one of the Final Five. IF it were up to me the fifth member of the Final Five would be the guy with the callsign of Bulldog, while Ellen turned out to be one of the 12 human models Cylons. :(

#3 jxf011

jxf011

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

<p>.</p>

#4 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I guess that the writers of the show didn't think this over. I'm not so sure about Ellen being one of the Final Five. IF it were up to me the fifth member of the Final Five would be the guy with the callsign of Bulldog, while Ellen turned out to be one of the 12 human models Cylons. :(

I thought it HAD to be Bulldog at one point... because that episode never made sense. THEN, Bulldog disappears at the end of the episode - never to be seen again. I believe there was a "cylonic" facet with the Bulldog character but it didn't pan out. Think about the arc of that episode, it kind of reaches back really far into the mythology back to the cylon war..... I just never got why there was such an episode, with Adama basically being blamed (blaming himself) for starting the war while he and Bulldog were on Valkyre.

I still have never found out to satisfaction WHEN EXACTLY the producers decided WHO was going to be the 5th cylon. And, I really do not like that episode :)

#5 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

But my point was about Ellen is their "mother" and she shows all that affection to Cavil, even to the point of saying she LOVES HIM. But when she gets back to Galactica, she barely even speaks to any of them. She goes and hangs out with the other 3 cylons from Earth while Sam is in a coma, but she is the only one who remembers........... you would think if she MADE these humanoid model cylons, and she was so close to them as she claimed to be, she would want to get to know them better or have some type of relationship with them. But it's a dead end and I can't recall a SINGLE moment other than episode Deadlock where she even spoke to any of them. Or, if it was the episode after that when C6 has miscarriage and she is there BUT ONLY FOR SAUL.

it makes no sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users