16 replies to this topic

#1 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

It just really irritates me when they pick out one spirit to focus on, and especially when they have no real evidence that spirit is even there, and even more especially when they go around all night long calling this spirit by a name that was just made up. I know there are intelligent spirits. I am not sure if they want to come play if you keep calling out someone else.

Also, maybe it's just me. I was under the impression that there was only one more show with Grant. Now if's 6 more investigations. Did I misunderstand? And are we going to have to listen to how we are going to miss Grant but we have to carry on for him to make him proud and he has taught us so much, yada, yada, yada....throughout the season?

#2 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

They always announced 6 episodes left with Grant and conclude the season.

#3 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

It just really irritates me when they pick out one spirit to focus on, and especially when they have no real evidence that spirit is even there, and even more especially when they go around all night long calling this spirit by a name that was just made up. I know there are intelligent spirits. I am not sure if they want to come play if you keep calling out someone else.

Also, maybe it's just me. I was under the impression that there was only one more show with Grant. Now if's 6 more investigations. Did I misunderstand? And are we going to have to listen to how we are going to miss Grant but we have to carry on for him to make him proud and he has taught us so much, yada, yada, yada....throughout the season?

At the end of the last subset they did say he had a "few more investigations" This whole "sub season" is being hyped as Grant's Final Investigations (trying to boost ratings I imagine) If Steve hasn't learned anything from Grant in however many years they've been working together, then 6 more episodes isn't going to be enough to "suck it all up"

As far as the spirit of the girl, they were all over the place with when this was to happen. My understanding was it was the daughter of the governor, but from the frat boy it was the niece or daughter of the daughter of the governor.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#4 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

1334237238[/url]' post='7016259']
At the end of the last subset they did say he had a "few more investigations" This whole "sub season" is being hyped as Grant's Final Investigations (trying to boost ratings I imagine) If Steve hasn't learned anything from Grant in however many years they've been working together, then 6 more episodes isn't going to be enough to "suck it all up"

As far as the spirit of the girl, they were all over the place with when this was to happen. My understanding was it was the daughter of the governor, but from the frat boy it was the niece or daughter of the daughter of the governor.

I totally misunderstood. I thought they were plugging last nights show as "Grant's final investigations" and that meant just those two.

The whole story about the girl was unsubstantiated (wouldn't it make sense to do the research before the investigation?) and the contact was clear that the name was just made up yet they continued to call out that name all night. I love ship investigations. I would love to do one sometime, not a tour but a private one. Still, they make no effort to try and develop at least some theory about what the voices are saying. And it seems everything they catch now is audible, not evp.

#5 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I totally misunderstood. I thought they were plugging last nights show as "Grant's final investigations" and that meant just those two.

The whole story about the girl was unsubstantiated (wouldn't it make sense to do the research before the investigation?) and the contact was clear that the name was just made up yet they continued to call out that name all night. I love ship investigations. I would love to do one sometime, not a tour but a private one. Still, they make no effort to try and develop at least some theory about what the voices are saying. And it seems everything they catch now is audible, not evp.

Ship investigations have a LOT of potential for contamination, though. You have a craft in an unstable medium (ie floating in water) and sound travels VERY far across water, not to mention they were right in an area with a lot of eateries and drinkeries. You need to be very careful in those circumstances not to misinterpret sounds and motion. Here is the Taney:

http://maps.google.c...sp=0&sz=18&z=18

There is a Chinese restaurant right across the water, if you had someone not familiar with language that could be the source of "Japanese voices" Their bar closes at 11:30 which is when the investigation was going on. That one recording they played just sounded to me like a bunch of drunks to be honest.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#6 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

With this frat house in rhode island, so close to their homes, had a feeling this might not yield much. If it was a hot place, they might have investigated this years ago...

#7 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

With this frat house in rhode island, so close to their homes, had a feeling this might not yield much. If it was a hot place, they might have investigated this years ago...

I was reminded of a Kent Brockman breaking news story when I was watching this:

"This just in. A fistfight is in progress in downtown Springfield. Early reports indicate, and this is very preliminary, that one of the fighters is a giant lizard. [to off-camera aide] Do we have a source on this? ... Uh-huh. A bunch of drunken frat boys."

#8 gunshy

gunshy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

You didn't mention the heavily traveled street just off the bow and the Hard Rock Cafe right around the corner.

I've spend numerous hours on the TANEY and I've never encountered anything paranormal. The ship is in very good shape but, let's face it, the TANEY is almost 80 years old. Ships are never quiet, even at the dock with engines and generators shut down. I talked to a few former crew members and they don't have any ghost stories either. Downtown Inner Harbor never sleeps, just quiets down after midnight.

#9 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Downtown Inner Harbor never sleeps, just quiets down after midnight.

Exactly. The photo shows there is quite a bit right around there including the drinking establishments which goes quite well with that first bit of voices they played for us.

#10 gunshy

gunshy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm surprised GH didn't investigate the Poe House or Poe's gravesite. That's less that 2 miles from the TANEY.

#11 soundping

soundping

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I like how the camera man yawning was caught sounding like Darth Vader. :lol:

#12 DZinLV

DZinLV

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Excuse me if this has been discussed and I didn't find it. Did anyone else see the older Dell computer on top of the locker when Jason and Grant were investigating the berthing area? I have played that segment many times and it's definitely a Dell desktop computer. Maybe all the sounds from that area are originating from an old hard drive. You'd think that they would have seen it when they were "analyzing evidence" and pointed it out.

#13 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

They always announced 6 episodes left with Grant and conclude the season.

Posted ImageThey always announced 6 episodes left with Grant and conclude the season.

Is there an echo in here or is it just me?

#14 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've also noticed that their "on-cue" knocks have gotten louder, more "human-like" and more abundant on both GHI and GH lately.

#15 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think everyone must think I can't read.

#16 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

I think everyone must think I can't read.

No, not that at all, I just found it quite odd that Dilys95 posted exactly word for word what Deep said lol

#17 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Redefining the term lazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users