4 replies to this topic

#1 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Did anyone else catch the premiere of Don't trust the B----- in Apt. 23 on ABC-TV last night?

How the heck did they get that past standards & practices?

Not only did they have pixelated full nudity of one of the female stars, but they did a "potty humor/sexual content" joke which I won't repeat here (should be findable with a google machine) but was so far over the line I would have trouble believing it on a cable channel, let alone OTA broadcast. If someone makes a stink, the FCC will have a field day with this.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#2 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Did anyone else catch the premiere of Don't trust the B----- in Apt. 23 on ABC-TV last night?

Not only did they have pixelated full nudity of one of the female stars, but they did a "potty humor/sexual content" joke which I won't repeat here (should be findable with a google machine) but was so far over the line I would have trouble believing it on a cable channel, let alone OTA broadcast. If someone makes a stink, the FCC will have a field day with this.

i'm sorry to hear about the pixelation.Posted Image

I haven't seen it.

Posted Image episode Posted Image
Pilot (21:38)
Episode 1<h2></h2>
Aired on April 11, 2012
When naive June is scammed by her new roommate Chloe, she decides to turn the tables on her and by doing so earns Chloe's respect.

http://video.citytv....1.000000/pilot/
Posted Image

#3 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I had already seen the first two episodes on HuluPlus. You're right, it's pretty risque. I doubt I'll be watching any more of it, but I do like Krysten Ritter.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#4 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Caught the first half of it, then sort of dozed off. A bit risqué, but absolutely nothing the FCC could take issue with. And as should hardly need to be pointed out, implied nudity is not the same as actual nudity. :rolleyes:

#5 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Remember 1993? ABC aired a drama called NYPD Blue. Chock full of nudity, vulgarities and obscenities. It ran for 12 seasons (1993-2005).

Well in 2008, the FCC tried to fine ABC ($1.4 million) for an episode that aired 5 years before, because of "adult sexual nudity". That case was thrown out last year.

My point, is 20 years ago started "shock TV", in pretty much every genre. Kinda late to be surprised now.

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users