• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kpurvis

kpurvis

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just got home from Savannah Ga, and could not wait to post this!! We did the Sorrell Weed House Ghost Tour. They use the Ghost Hunters & Syfy name & Logo all over their brochures. I find it hard to believe you would endorse this joke of a tour. It really makes what you do look hokey and just bad. I love this show and have been an avid watcher since the very beginning and it was just sad. I wrote a review for trip advisor. Here's what I said: This Paranormal Ghost tour of the Sorrel Weed House was a joke! After shelling out $95 for a family of four, we were nothing but disappointed. The house is great, but you only get to see 2 rooms. The Top floor is the owners retreat. The basement is empty and dark. First we watched a 10 minute video of the history of the house and a small excerpt from the Ghost Hunters 2005 show on this house. Now I am an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters and I have a hard time believing they would approve their name being on this tour. The episode has the former member of the ghost Hunting Team, Brian, (whom they let go), if you watched back then you would know that Brian always had some kind of experience on every show and made it hokey. This one does not disappoint. Next we went into the basement. It has been bricked over and it is empty except for a computer with a split screen of cameras on different areas of the basement. Looked like surveillance to me. The guide we had was the worst. He then told how the Ghost Hunters use a flashlight and ask questions to the spirits and they answer by turning it on and off. He lays the small flashlight on the fireplace asked a question and immediately the flash light goes off. Give me a break! Yeah right! One lady goes over to look at it and he warns her not to touch it. He is also fiddling around in his pocket, pretty sure for the remote for this thing. Next was the carriage house in the back of the residence. Pretty much made over modern and someones apartment, maybe his. Then onto the graveyard, we had already seen. The kicker is at end of the tour when our tour guide asks us all for a tip for beer money, to use at the pubs later. Do not waste your money!!!!!! I think he already had a few beers before the tour.

If I were you all and you if actually read these forums...I'd get my name off of this tour. It makes you all look like a joke. I love all things paranormal and this just sucked.

#2 Roricus

Roricus

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Had to google, just for the heck of it. Is this the same tour or do different groups operate tours?

Sorrel-Weed Ghost Tour
"Reality Is Just a Crutch For People Who Can't Handle Science Fiction"

#3 kpurvis

kpurvis

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Had to google, just for the heck of it. Is this the same tour or do different groups operate tours?

Sorrel-Weed Ghost Tour

Yes that is it. We purchased it as we were walking by form the booth out in front of the house. They are also a stop on some of the trolly & hearse tours.

#4 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

That's their thing. They come investigate your establishment and pronounce it haunted and they get paid and you get more customers and the right to use their name on their ghost tours. They don't care otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users