• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SciFiDarrin

SciFiDarrin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

What happened to when SciFi was good? I use to turn the t.v. on and the first channel I would turn it to was SciFi, if it wasn't already on that station.
I mean now I go to that channel as a last resort!!!!
Ghost Huntards.... what a joke.
Monster Man.... again another joke, is the camera on... ok everyone be a jerk for better ratings.
WWE... ok so I know it is Fake.... but NOT SciFi
Dream Machines... would be cool if they didn't bring the B.S. drama into the show, dude leave the wife at home.

The only somewhat decent shows are Lost Girl, Being Human is so/so, Eureka was good when it first came out, but seems to run in circles.

Come on Bring back the good shows... like Farscape, Lex, Gattlestar Galactica, heck the cartoon channel plays more science fiction now then the syfy channel does.

#2 gmalady

gmalady

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

I totally agree with SciFiDarrin, nothing but crappy reality shows. They should go back to SciFi and the programing they had then. At least BBC has some cool shows.

#3 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

This channel has definatly made some horrile decisions lately. Bad shows being made, and great shows being cancelled !

I miss Stargate , Battlestar, sanctuary (maybe it will come back) .
these cheap reality shows really stink up the network !

#4 rjsmith53

rjsmith53

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I agree whole heartily/ They also keep showing the same programs over and over again. They claim some of the shows are hits because they had thousands of viewers but they don't tell you they broadcasted it hundreds of times to get that thousand views. An all day marathon of monster man when there are only 6 episodes is stupid. Since when is a season only 6 episodes. They have made only 2 episodes of dream machines and each one has probably aired over 100 times already. I am watching sy fy very little now. I hope their advertisers start paying attention. Then maybe they will start to get better.

#5 jmmjt2

jmmjt2

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

This channel is pretty much done as far as Sci fi goes. Our old channel is gone. AMC has some of the best shows on right now, but they were originally suppposed to be a channel for just old movies. Even the weather channel has gotten into the act with its coast guard reality show. MTV is mainly reality shows moved away from music videos. Sci Fi is long dead and I don't think it is coming back. I mean a channel that was supposed to be about scifi has no space based shows in the line up. You would think that they would keep at least one (SGU or Battlestar) on the air just to bring in an audience that might stay tuned for their other shows (even if they have to keep them on at a ratings loss).

#6 HankFrank

HankFrank

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

I totally agree with SciFiDarrin, nothing but crappy reality shows. They should go back to SciFi and the programing they had then. At least BBC has some cool shows.

I just joined this forum for one reason: accuracy. If the admin reads these posts, then perhaps she will correct a glaring error that will be noticed by people who actually have manufacturing experience. The <1 minute excerpt titled "Powered Coated Frames" should be titled "Powder Coated Frames". The process of coating parts with paint POWDER is called "Powder Coating", NOT Powered Coating. If no one in admin is reading these posts, then the title won't be changed.

Also, I've never watched the SyFy network, as I don't have a premium package with my AT&T Uverse subscription, but I would try watching some past episodes on-line.
This Dream Machines show, as some of you have stated, doesn't seem to belong on a science fiction network - seems like it should be on an automotive or DIY network.
Thanks for reading.

#7 Tommy122

Tommy122

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I agree with everyone. SyFy has lost it's way. This is no longer a science fiction channel. Reality shows, not even good ones seems to be their direction. I wish another channel would start up and be true science fiction. You gotta wonder if the SyFy guys read these posts. It's hard to find a positive one anywhere.

#8 EFox281

EFox281

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I used to keep my tv on this channel 24/7 back when it actually showed SCi-fi. Now I hardly ever tune in.

#9 EFox281

EFox281

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

What the hell? I tried to "like " this thread and it said I'd reached my quota of positive responses. It's the first time I ever tried it!

#10 Delorean85

Delorean85

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Totally agree with everything said here. This channel used to be like my home base for television, but now I don't even go to this channel anymore. It disgusts me to even look at the new logo. S. Y. F. Y. is a complete joke! I MISS THE SCIFI CHANNEL!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Arc12

Arc12

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'd like to see them bring back the series retro TV with the British TV series The Invisible Man, the series Men Into Space, Amazing Stories, and
The Prisioner and or shows like these and for crying out loud GET THE **** WRESTLING OFF THE SCI-FI CHANNEL......... it belongs on ESPN not the Sci-Fi channel and get those lame reality shows off as well, we haven't watched any of this ***** it insults one's intelligence.

#12 Arc12

Arc12

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

OK it's now Dec 2012 and the ScyFy Channel is going to show for the umteenth time thr d a m n Pirates of The Carribean movie again, then the Underworld movie and on and on, I'm pretty sure there's PLENTY of sci fi movies that hasn't seen the light od day for quite some time and yet the Scy Fy Channel is always showing the same d a m n movies. I doubt the powers to be don't relize that there's more movies than Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull or the pirate movies or the underworld movies and oh yea that d a m n smack down wrestling comedy show, I think this channel is heading the way of the dinosaurs I hope the new season with the " new " shows pulls this channel out of the quicksand before it's too late.

#13 shadoo

shadoo

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

OK it's now Dec  2012 and the ScyFy Channel is going to show for the umteenth time thr d a m n Pirates of The Carribean movie again, then the Underworld movie and on and on, I'm pretty sure there's PLENTY of sci fi movies that hasn't seen the light od day for quite some time and yet the Scy Fy Channel is always showing the same d a m n movies. I doubt the powers to be don't relize that there's more movies than Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull or the pirate movies or the underworld movies and oh yea that d a m n smack down wrestling comedy show, I think this channel is heading the way of the dinosaurs I hope the new season with the " new " shows pulls this channel out of the quicksand before it's too late.

syfy is a lot like youtube and how any video or show is aces as long as it brings in viewers.  had i a video on youtube where i flatulated Jessica Simpson's love you forever and that video got a 100 million views, i'd be aces and i'd be paid for it as well.  syfy is all about the same, if the show brings in people who cares what it entails.
WOO MASTER

#14 lehjr

lehjr

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Seems like every time we ask for more scifi, they give us more sigh-fi instead  <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users