• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SnapesImp

SnapesImp

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

On one of these recent stupid episodes of Fact or Faked, they had said that the NASA footage of the tether (and UFO's that came to investigate it) were just permafrost particles in space shown thru the camera!  How foolish they are to even believe that!  NASA is going to say anything to cover up any UFO encounter even if it landed right in front of them!  So they say "FAKED"!!!   Just because an official says it, they truly believe them...what a complete waste of a program.  Last season was far better than this one so far.  Everything they find they say "FAKED!"  Get a grip guys!  Not everything is faked in the world!

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

On one of these recent stupid episodes of Fact or Faked, they had said that the NASA footage of the tether (and UFO's that came to investigate it) were just permafrost particles in space shown thru the camera! How foolish they are to even believe that! NASA is going to say anything to cover up any UFO encounter even if it landed right in front of them! So they say "FAKED"!!! Just because an official says it, they truly believe them...what a complete waste of a program. Last season was far better than this one so far. Everything they find they say "FAKED!" Get a grip guys! Not everything is faked in the world!

If Wild Bill Birnes goes with ice particles, I tend to lean in the direction of the official explanation. Bill would be the first one to jump on any hint of it being a UFO. These are very likely the space version of orbs.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 StanSitwell

StanSitwell

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

If Wild Bill Birnes goes with ice particles, I tend to lean in the direction of the official explanation. Bill would be the first one to jump on any hint of it being a UFO. These are very likely the space version of orbs.

I love when people's argument is simply "why do they say everything is fake?", how about, because it is fake? That is the only reason I can stomach this show, its cheap entertainment, and at times I enjoy watching them show how you can recreate or how they may have hoaxed these videos. Other times they investigate something so foolish that its simply laughable (mermaid investigation) or even the bigfoot from last night. The problem is there is a limited number of videos or happenings that would be interesting enough for them to investigate, but arent obvious hoaxes or misidentified natural occurrences.

Its simply not an easy show to make

#4 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

What was the video shot from either the space station or space shuttle where you saw this white dot/object come and go very fast?

#5 khobar

khobar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

On one of these recent stupid episodes of Fact or Faked, they had said that the NASA footage of the tether (and UFO's that came to investigate it) were just permafrost particles in space shown thru the camera! How foolish they are to even believe that! NASA is going to say anything to cover up any UFO encounter even if it landed right in front of them! So they say "FAKED"!!! Just because an official says it, they truly believe them...what a complete waste of a program. Last season was far better than this one so far. Everything they find they say "FAKED!" Get a grip guys! Not everything is faked in the world!

Nag, nag, nag. ;)

#6 IceManPJN

IceManPJN

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Normally if someone just strolls into a topic and, rather than posting some meaningful argument, instead just posts something like "You're stupid" I'd shrug them off as a "troll", but....

Clearly, you're an idiot.

That's not "flaming". That's just telling the truth.

1) Choosing to mistrust all political and official agencies and subscribe to cover-ups and conspiracy theories doesn't count as evidence to anything. The only thing it serves as evidence to is you wearing a foil hat.

Here, I think I found a video of you:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_c6HsiixFS8

Yeah, everything is a bloody coverup conspiracy. Everything is a lie. Believe whatever you like and don't believe what "they" tell you!

2) Yeah, pretty much all the videos of cool stuff is faked. We don't live in a world of magical wizards, mysterious monsters, and constant visitations by aliens. Sometimes videos are just misidentifications of things, and the rest are typically just fakes. I'm sorry, but there's no Hogwarts school for wizards, there's no dragons or chupacabra, and aliens didn't abduct your drunken hillbilly neighbor.

In the case of the tether video, it's just an optical illusion. I've not just heard it said, but saw it replicated. While replicating results doesn't necessarily mean that what was replicated is exactly as the replication, it does prove that you don't need a wild, fantastic explanation for something mundane. If you hear hooves in Central Park, don't go looking for zebras.

3) What would NASA have to hide? There is absolutely no benefit or incentive for them to cover up anything. If an alien space craft lands in my back yard, NASA gains nothing from denying it. What is the motive?

You might try to argue that the government might try to cover it up, perhaps for national security or to avoid a panic, but NASA isn't the government. Yes, it's funded by the government, but so is a lot of stuff. NASA is still just a group of scientists. They aren't the Men in Black. Their job is study and exploration of space, not of coverups.

#7 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I've always said that only a fool believes everything the government says...and only a bigger fool disbelieves everything the government says.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users