• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 n1kk1

n1kk1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I know I'm a little late with the news but can anyone please tell me why Grants is leaving the show. This is really sad news!!!

#2 intruigued

intruigued

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

I don't know why he is leaving. I just hope his health is okay; I have to admit I'm worried about that. God bless, Grant. We will certainly miss you!!!

#3 Bernhardt

Bernhardt

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I know I'm a little late with the news but can anyone please tell me why Grants is leaving the show. This is really sad news!!!

The only reason I can think of why Grant would possibly leave, is conflict he encountered from his closest friend Jason. It was very obvious during the filming of one of the episodes, (and I WISH I could recall which episode it was), Hailey was with Jason and Grant during an investigation. Grant was trying to listen while Hailey was talking, he told her to be quiet and to stay back. You could see the anger on Jason's face. It was very obvious there was a problem.

#4 carolh

carolh

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

The only reason I can think of why Grant would possibly leave, is conflict he encountered from his closest friend Jason. It was very obvious during the filming of one of the episodes, (and I WISH I could recall which episode it was), Hailey was with Jason and Grant during an investigation. Grant was trying to listen while Hailey was talking, he told her to be quiet and to stay back. You could see the anger on Jason's face. It was very obvious there was a problem.

I'm trying to see what people are saying about this.Grant only said that it was "time to leave", but I agree with "Bernhardt",it was obivious from their body language that Grant and Jason had some sort of falling out (possibly more that the incident with Hailey). In the episode Grant tells people he is leaving (or maybe the one before) he and Jason are in the car, and Grant is sitting as far (in the front seat) from Jason that he can get with his arms folded (there is obvious tension).I'm wondering what other people think the problem is? These two are supposedly still working together(as plumbers) and as far as I know they still jointly own the "haunted" bed and breakfast. I'm wondering if this is being done just for publicity (I'm a cynic) or if there was some interaction on the part of their producers to make things more "interesting" (i.e.:fake) to get more viewers. Grant always seemed to be more people-person, and possibly more concerned with ethics - maybe he said "no" to potential changes. If this is the case, the show is going to start getting more interesting - but I will probably stop watching it (if it seems likely this is the result of "faking" results).

#5 Vitania

Vitania

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

VERY sorry to see Grant leave. As of late, he does appear to be a bit worn out and I'm guessing it is due to accumulated tensions between the two. It is not that I don't like Jason, but believe he might be a bit too overbearing. Grant might be co-founder of TAPS, but it is his (silent) knowledge that has made the show a hit. He is also so much more refined than Jason. I'm by no means an English major, but could not help but notice (from day one) that when Grant spoke, it was "Jason and I." When Jason spoke it was "me and Grant." There has been many such "I, me, and my" words that have spilled from Jason's mouth instead of saying "we". I wonder why he was never prompted to correct his (ego) English. Also, has anyone ever noticed that when wrapping up a case with a client that Jason says, "Let's get out of here." So tasteless.... At any rate, the show will never be the same without Grant. Grant take care and hopefully we will all soon see you.ip: click inside this box to load the editor

#6 Rattlebones

Rattlebones

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I would suggest reading this : http://grantswilson....-left-the-show/

#7 Pebbles94

Pebbles94

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Theres definitely mote to the eye..that's what he's telling us and that's probably what he told everyone else but there's tension.. u can see it..I didn't really think some thing off it until grant was asked about and app for ghost hunting on the phone and he said it was completely stupid and then next thing u know Jason's coming out with one... Therea something more.. I can see through bulls poo poo

#8 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I thought it was because of the global shortage on Wisk and his undeniably bad case of ring around the collar

#9 Pebbles94

Pebbles94

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Haha

#10 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

I am so glad there is a voice on here with the truth instead of speculation.. Grant is a gifted artist and musician. You really should hear some of his music..it is great.

#11 Pebbles94

Pebbles94

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Then u should pay attention to body language...there's definalty more behind this, I'm sorry at first I beloved him but there's more,even if he don't tell anyone actions speak louder then words

#12 Nefain

Nefain

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'd leave as well if the show I started turned into a circus act.

#13 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I heard it was because they cut the fishing string out of the budget.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#14 SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

I heard it was because they cut the fishing string out of the budget.

LOL - now that's just cold... :lol:

#15 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

History is being rewritten before our very eyes.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#16 Gunckel

Gunckel

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for having posted this link, Rattle.

#17 Bobbymouse

Bobbymouse

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm trying to see what people are saying about this.Grant only said that it was "time to leave", but I agree with "Bernhardt",it was obivious from their body language that Grant and Jason had some sort of falling out (possibly more that the incident with Hailey). In the episode Grant tells people he is leaving (or maybe the one before) he and Jason are in the car, and Grant is sitting as far (in the front seat) from Jason that he can get with his arms folded (there is obvious tension).I'm wondering what other people think the problem is? These two are supposedly still working together(as plumbers) and as far as I know they still jointly own the "haunted" bed and breakfast. I'm wondering if this is being done just for publicity (I'm a cynic) or if there was some interaction on the part of their producers to make things more "interesting" (i.e.:fake) to get more viewers. Grant always seemed to be more people-person, and possibly more concerned with ethics - maybe he said "no" to potential changes. If this is the case, the show is going to start getting more interesting - but I will probably stop watching it (if it seems likely this is the result of "faking" results).

Jason's and Grant have said they haven't worked as plumbers for years. They are selling the Inn as the economy tanked and they are doing poorly. I think many people know what the "problem" is. It doesn't happen to be a condition that Grant shares. Don't you guys actually WATCH the show anymore? Jason's "problems" are quite apparent! My kids put on a DVD from season two and I was made aware of the huge differences in Jason, then and now! Too bad!

#18 LiverEater12

LiverEater12

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

He left because he realized that the show sucks. I used to watch it in the early seasons but after a while it got annoying. Everytime they tell you to listen to something there is always back ground music or some sort of "creepy" sound effect, you cant hear what they want you to hear. All the drama between them, ridiculos, just hunt ghosts and stop ********. Drop the sound effects and back ground music when "paranormal" things are happening and I might start watching it again. Plus, Ghost Adventures are way better.

#19 tommyajar

tommyajar

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Sure the background music is annoying, but how about the fact that everyone talks about these people (TAPS) like they are THE PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS! Sorry, but true paranormal investigators don't constantly talk over each other and during an investigation.....it is no wonder they rarely capture anything on tape/video! The show is fun to watch when nothing else is on (I don't work on Wednesday afternoons, and they have a marathon all day on syfy...love that), but compared to GHOST ADVENTURES (on travel channel) Ghost Hunters is almost comical! I don't think Grant is a bad guy (judging from the shows I have seen), but since he has left, the show has at least gotten some cajones, if you know what I mean? In fact, I see more of a resemblence to GHOST ADVENTURES since his depature!

#20 kissrdbc

kissrdbc

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I heard that he was sick have get surgtery illniess was cansure and have move way Grant Leaving it is sad but same like they moved on with out him but he still in jason heart and mind pal or bro alway be bro's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users