Photo

Could Syfy Channel continue Tera Nova series after Fox Channel canceled?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 321IGNITION

321IGNITION

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

SyFy Channel did it for Sliders series that was on Fox Channel!Posted Image

#2 Vendikarr

Vendikarr

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

SyFy Channel did it for Sliders series that was on Fox Channel!Posted Image

Short answer - no. The show was too expensive for network television. There is no way Syfy could pay for it short of canceling every other scripted drama they produce.

Posted Image

"I came into this world kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I've got absolutely no problem leaving the exact same way."

#3 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

If you want an example of what happens when a small budget cable network picks up an abandoned big budget network property, I'll refer you to "Airwolf". USA network picked that up after CBS dropped it in the mid-eighties..

I'm still recovering from the mental trauma that resulted from watching that.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#4 321IGNITION

321IGNITION

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Short answer - no. The show was too expensive for network television. There is no way Syfy could pay for it short of canceling every other scripted drama they produce.

Vendikarr,
Are you an executive employee of the SyFy Channel, if so what is your title?

#5 321IGNITION

321IGNITION

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

If you want an example of what happens when a small budget cable network picks up an abandoned big budget network property, I'll refer you to "Airwolf". USA network picked that up after CBS dropped it in the mid-eighties..

I'm still recovering from the mental trauma that resulted from watching that.

Annoyed58,
I thought Syfy Channel script writers did a good job after picking up "Sliders", except for killing off most of the main characters, and replacing them way too many times!
I just purchased the dvd series from Seasons 1-4, excluding Season 5 from Amazon for $33.58. On second thought, maybe your right!

#6 321IGNITION

321IGNITION

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor

#7 Slamscape

Slamscape

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I wish. I liked the show.

But the actors for that show are already in new projects.

I would think stargate would have gotten a boost much sooner than Terra Nova does.

.... And why is this under PrimEval?

#8 321IGNITION

321IGNITION

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

@Slamscape, Terra nova was place in this topic because, their was no topic available for it! Dinosaurs were the common factor I used that were involved in both television series that I believed would interest fans. "Primeval" was renewed by the Syfy channel as the new series" Primeval: New World"

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I wish. I liked the show.

But the actors for that show are already in new projects.

I would think stargate would have gotten a boost much sooner than Terra Nova does.

.... And why is this under PrimEval?

@Slamscape, Terra nova was place in this topic because, their was no topic available for it! Dinosaurs were the common factor I used that were involved in both television series that I believed would interest fans. "Primeval" was renewed by the Syfy channel as the new series" Primeval: New World"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Terra Nova discussion board is located here: http://forums.syfy.c...hl=+terra +nova

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users