32 replies to this topic

#1 scifiadmin1

scifiadmin1

Administrator

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Survivor creator Mark Burnett joins forces with Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna, creators of the hit series Celebrity Ghost Stories, to take viewers on a spooky thrill ride through some of the most infamously haunted colleges and high schools nationwide. Students, alumni, and faculty share their intimate paranormal encounters while their experiences are brought to life in Jarrett's arresting style of storytelling.

Every campus has its secrets...

Visit
http://www.syfy.com/schoolspirits to learn more!

#2 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Syfy, would you please stop with all these bogus ghost hunting shows. There are scores of them already here and on other networks, and not once has anyone verified a genuine ghostly presence. Get back to scripted science fiction, fantasy and horror.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#3 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,219 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Jes fer fun...

Coming this Fall on Syfy, and by unpopular demand, new and exciting paranormal investigation reality series:

'Haunted Hospitals'
'Spooky Sewers'
'Diabolical Diners'
'Ghostly Gas Stations'
'Airport Apparitions'

:P

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#4 Roricus

Roricus

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Jes fer fun...

Coming this Fall on Syfy, and by unpopular demand, new and exciting paranormal investigation reality series:

'Haunted Hospitals'
'Spooky Sewers'
'Diabolical Diners'
'Ghostly Gas Stations'
'Airport Apparitions'

:P

And don't forget... "Underwear of the Undead"

"When I put on my dead grannie's favorite pair of bloomers, I could FEEL her presence. I DARE you to prove it isn't true!"

"Reality Is Just a Crutch For People Who Can't Handle Science Fiction"

#5 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,219 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Why are there TWO topics for School Spirits? Here's the link to the other one: http://forums.syfy.c...p?showforum=214

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#6 Bluebelle314

Bluebelle314

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm intrigued...but skeptical. It sounds like a bunch of people sat around brainstorming ideas for new shows, and this one is just based on a clever name someone threw out there when the coffee was cold and there was two minutes until deadline. Kind of like the movie Face/Off or almost any romantic comedy. TV shows have become like resumes: they are basically all xeroxes of each other, but when you put enough out there, one or two are bound to draw some real interest and pay off. I bet one way to make this show a sure success would be to use any fallen/pseudo star surrounded by 'saying-bomb-in-airport' type of controversy (i.e. Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, or one of the KKK sisters) in the reenactments. Just a suggestion.

#7 Reallywhatsnext

Reallywhatsnext

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Too many good shows being removed from Syfy to be replaced with the same old ideas. Might be cheaper for these reality based shows but my interest in Syfy is winding down every time we lose a good show for these to pop out. Not everyone wants fake reality. I am sorry to see Eureka go for the likes of these....

#8 BigMcLargeHuge

BigMcLargeHuge

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Awesome. If there's one thing SciFi needs, it's another TV show about ghosts.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

#9 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Jes fer fun...

'Haunted Hospitals'
'Spooky Sewers'
'Diabolical Diners'
'Ghostly Gas Stations'
'Airport Apparitions'

How about "Haunted Highway"? (I kid you not :( ) http://tvbythenumber...-july-3/138246/

This @#$%@#^$ has got to stop!

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#10 Pebbles94

Pebbles94

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

These new paranormal shows need to stop.. haunted highway..school spirits.. whatever the bleep the other thing is.. they neeed to bring back Eureka

#11 nicewolf64

nicewolf64

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

you just know someone at syfy is drooling over the possibility to run Ghost back2back2back for a full day. what another pathetic syfy offering.
Imagine greater (minds actually worked for us)

#12 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yea !!!

A new ghost show !

I cant wait !

Yeah Right !!!

I guess warehouse 13 will be the next show to get axed off the network !

#13 StarPowerWarrior

StarPowerWarrior

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I think it will be interesting to see what kind of ratings these shows get.

Personally, I have to wonder whether there's an internal conspiracy at Universal aimed at getting SyFy to fail.
All the best,
Matthew

Posted Image

#14 StarPowerWarrior

StarPowerWarrior

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

If this is any indication, these shows won't last long. Insane or Inspired 0.4 rating.

Smackdown got 0.7

The cynical side of me says that these shows are so cheap to produce that even with bad ratings like this, Sy-Fy can still make money.

I really think Sy-Fy is alienating its current viewing audience, and judging from various posts, I am not alone in that assessment.

However, at one time, USA was known as a junk, low-budget network. Now, I see USA as pretty good, actually with a few shows I like, such as White Collar, Burn Notice, and Covert Affairs. I wonder what happened that turned them around? It would be interesting to know. Anyone?

In the meantime, I'll hold out some hope that Sy-Fy will eventually return to its former glory, and, hopefully, painfully bad ratings like this will help.
All the best,
Matthew

Posted Image

#15 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I enjoyed the first episode of this show a lot more than I enjoyed any of the GH shows since GH's first investigation of St. Augustine Lighthouse which was way, way back. Get rid of GH and bring on more like this. I look forward to Haunted Highways, too.

#16 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Only good thing about this show is that i didnt have to watch Total Blackout...

#17 Magzymay

Magzymay

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Survivor creator Mark Burnett joins forces with Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna, creators of the hit series Celebrity Ghost Stories, to take viewers on a spooky thrill ride through some of the most infamously haunted colleges and high schools nationwide. Students, alumni, and faculty share their intimate paranormal encounters while their experiences are brought to life in Jarrett's arresting style of storytelling.

Every campus has its secrets...

Visit
http://www.syfy.com/schoolspirits to learn more!

It's difficult to believe that there are ghosts out there unless you experience them first hand. I myself have had experiences with a spirit while dorming at a university which started to physically and mentally affect me.

#18 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,751 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

If this is any indication, these shows won't last long. Insane or Inspired 0.4 rating.

Smackdown got 0.7

0.4 is quite good for an inexpensive show.

By way of comparison, much more costly shows Eureka and Lost Girl both pulled 0.5 this week.

(And of course, the 0.7 for Smackdown is the very reason it remains on this network. Effectively, wrestling subsidizes more expensive programming.)

#19 maripie

maripie

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Honestly, I am not pleased with this shows format, aside from the very far fetched nature of the story that was broadcast in this most recent premiere show. The last thing they need is to make another show "based" on true accounts that takes someones story and blows it way out of proportion and takes up the entire show. They need to take many more students accounts with the paranormal into consideration and make a show of small clips that are more realistic. Thats what people want, if GH and GHIs success is any indication. Those more popular shows were and still are based on skepticism and realism. This is a great subject to make a show about but they went at it all wrong! Quit with the cheap theatrics and dramatic editing. Give me the truth and more student accounts with more talented actors in the reenactments and quit shoving a bunch of BS in my face. The university that I went to had alot of activity that I witnessed and that many friends of mine witnessed as well, in dorm rooms and otherwise. I would really like to find out if my school will be featured, btw.

#20 Shane74340Plus

Shane74340Plus

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

"School Spirits"...... and now there's"Haunted Highway?" Are you F'ing kidding me? SyFy: Imagine C.R.A.P

***off topic***

All the shows that people watch(ed); (Stargate series, Eureka, The Closer, The Fades(BBC), Sanctuary, BSG, Caprica etc) are being canceled left and right. Judging from this situation, I would say that broadcast TV is on life support.

The Internet is causing a technological revolution. What was once the leading news medium, the classic "news paper" is now being transformed to websites, many of which are operated "individually". (I.E DigitalJournal, etc) The same thing that is happening to news papers is happening to broadcast TV, only faster with services like Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, and their current unknown successors.

If any more of my "reasons" to have cable service get canceled, then what's the point of having cable TV after that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users