#1 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

What else could it mean?
That Ever elusive Answer to our Question.
One that has plagued Human Kind since inception...

We are THAT close to finding out.
Being that Technology is improving the odds of Credibility.
Which most of us , having had our own credible experiences would delight in.

But the ramifications.. which i dare say are the very Cause of Disbelief in spirits for most, is
that Religion would now be ineffective in consuming the Mass's Belief System.

No longer would there be threats of doing what the Church Demands,
as Hell could be easily defined.. in an ethereal form.

If we needed to improve Anything after this discovery, it would be how NOT
to be caught in one Dimension, with only our Spirit Body.. albeit hanging around
for what, EVER?

We would understand about our Energy's destination after our Vessels ( body) found
it's 'End Process'..

Science would Rule .. and a New Belief in our Own Abilities would prevail.
No longer hindging our Free Will on some 2000 year old vague and improbable
story line handed down Generation after Generation, only changing when Politics Changed.

.. We Would have clarity.

Then again, i am a 'Metaphysician'.. Searching for Science to reason Hypothesis,
and vice versa.
As of Now, my Belief System is being given credence every time Proof of Energy and Consciousness
After Death continues...

( I am Sure Raithe (hopefully) .. will be here soon enough with NOT,.. The Glass is half empty, nor half Full..
But that the Glass itself needs a second run in the Dishwasher.. Posted Image...Posted Image )

...Marlow

#2 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well, I'm not Raithe, but what you posted does raise some questions for me.

1. Who are you quoting or is this your own creation? I would be interested to see the rest of this if it isn't your own so I can see what evidence the person is basing their opinion and what facts they are working with.

2. How can a person say we are "THAT" close to proof when there really has not been anything established as to what is proof? What is this person considering as proof or close to proof that technology is able to reveal that will tip the balance from none to some? Without establishing some kind of "bar", anyone can claim we are "THAT" close to anything. It's like saying since we can put a person in orbit, we are "THAT" close to light speed travel. Because we have good medicines that help extend life, are we "THAT" close to immortality?

3. Let's say there was proof of life after death. How does that disprove the concepts of Heaven and Hades? How would it, without a doubt, prove that God does not exist and that the teachings of a religion are false? Just because there is proof of one thing does not negate the existence of another.

#3 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

A lot of this is going to echo JJJB above. In what way have we come so close to proof? From what I've seen (and in my own research) we are as far from proof as we were back when we were still starting to walk upright.

Afterlife does not at all discount places such as Heaven, Hell, Hades, Tartarus, Erebus, Gehenna, etc In fact it would in many ways reinforce it.

Until we get those two straightened out, I'm not sure where to go in this one.

Some would see the glass half full, others would see it half empty, I look at it and wonder if maybe we just didn't need so big a glass Posted Image

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#4 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

How would you explain the "phenomena" of paranormal tales?

I was doing brief researches on "famous" poltergeist cases and old haunting stories and I find it hard to believe that people have been making stories up for so many years.

There are sooo many accounts dealing with the paranormal, that you have to wonder; are they all misinterpreted events. All explainable. All 100% of them?

#5 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

So, Deep, do you ever read paranormal tales that are allegedly true but you don't think they are? How do you decide which ones are real or not?

How about some of the pictures or videos that get posted here that people claim to be true? Ever feel like someone is pulling your leg or misinterpreted what they claim is there?

Or do you believe all of them are real? All 100% of them?

#6 soundping

soundping

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Perception is everything.

#7 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

So, Deep, do you ever read paranormal tales that are allegedly true but you don't think they are? How do you decide which ones are real or not?

How about some of the pictures or videos that get posted here that people claim to be true? Ever feel like someone is pulling your leg or misinterpreted what they claim is there?

Or do you believe all of them are real? All 100% of them?

So far I haven't seen something that blew my mind. I've seen some on youtube which I think are interested but not many.

I'm gonna extent my comment to demonic possession. Correct me if I'm wrong but It is acknowledged by the Vatican as something possible right? I would guess that some cases have remained unexplained to date.

#8 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

As I understand it, the Vatican still does think possession still takes place but they have a screening process before they declare it and, I'm not sure, but it has been some time since they have considered someone possessed. I think anything that could be considered possession in the last 25-50 years has been declared by some independent organization or preacher. Don't quote me on that but it just seems that I have not heard or read anything in years about the Vatican making any kind of statement or stance on the issue.

I believe I read or saw in some documentary that before they will even consider it, the person has to have gone through quite a bit of medical and psychological screening to rule out any other issues.

#9 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

You just need one case or one piece of evidence to change everything.

Has anyone listened to the audio recording of Anneliese Michel's exorcism?
If so, what did you guys think?

I know the case has later been determined to be one of mental illness. Anyone know what is the exact illness?

#10 UncleArthur

UncleArthur

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think that perception plays a lot into any phenomena. Last weekend my two younger daughters visited me for a while to celebrate Father's Day and we got to talking about GH. I said that I have never really experienced anything in any house I have lived in. They proceeded to tell me about having many in the house that the ex got after our divorce and having experiences here. Prehaps it comes down to some people being less able to react with "the other side" than others. I have no real idea . It's fun to conjecture though.

#11 LugoMan

LugoMan

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

I think that perception plays a lot into any phenomena. Last weekend my two younger daughters visited me for a while to celebrate Father's Day and we got to talking about GH. I said that I have never really experienced anything in any house I have lived in. They proceeded to tell me about having many in the house that the ex got after our divorce and having experiences here. Prehaps it comes down to some people being less able to react with "the other side" than others. I have no real idea . It's fun to conjecture though.

Hey UncleArthur,

I grew up in a supposed haunted house where everyone in my family experienced something. Friends and neighbor kids staying for a sleepover claimed to have seen or experienced something, even without knowing the alleged stories. Everyone but me experienced something in that house. I do believe that we may be paranormaly challenged.

Convictions are the more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh, and my original sign up date is Oct 2004... it seems to matter to some people, so there it is.

#12 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

FASCINATINGReplies here.. So thought provoking .

Yes, i was the Author of that Topic Post.
I am a Lic. Instructor of Metaphysical Spirituality, 21 yrs. now.. mostly retired.

I dont exect anyone to agree fully with me, as that would be disappointing.

I am not surprised at any of the comments,
and yet i am curious about those
who havent yet committed to a preponderance of ANY KIND of evidence of there being
Spiritual (outer dimensional) energy
at this juncture in our Society...

At one time no one believed the Earth was round, and we know differently due to
someone taking the Step in Discovery..
No different.. Steps toward Discovery are being taken every day.
... Where they lead,
is up to those willing to.... 'Adjust Their Screens'

...Posted Image ...M.

#13 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Assuming none were faked, there are some pieces of evidence seen on TV that I think are interesting.
If I remember correctly, there was this shadow person caught by GHI with a full spectrum (I think through a laser grid), that got some positive feedback from some us.

Then there's GA with their full bodied apparition at the Washoe Club before they were even popular.

#14 eagle020

eagle020

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Interesting topic. And some interesting replies.

Much of which has been hashed out multiple times over the last few years.

The biggest problem with discussing the paranormal, as I see it, is the total lack of concrete proof of any kind. And the lack of viable theories. So much territory is covered by the subject that 'Theories', which are in fact merely wild guesses, are created to explain things with no data to back them up.

Are ghosts human spirits? If so, why don't ALL humans hang around after death? If it's a result of trauma at death, there would still be tens of thousands of them. And many reported spirits involve no death trauma at all. Some sightings focus on a location. Some seem affixed to an individual. A few are claimed to be attached to objects. Each of these is decidedly different from the others.

Could they be imprints left behind in inanimate objects? When the energy level is right, and the correct objects are in the right location, it replays. That sounds a bit far fetched, but consider magnetic tape. Audio and video can be imprinted on it. Unless the tape is moving across something sensitive to it's imprint, and electricity is present, AND some playback display like a CRT or speaker is present.....it's just a piece of flimsy plastic covered with particles of rust. If you took a 1/2" videotape back in time, played it on a VCR, and gave Just the cassette to Thomas Edison...would he undertand what was on it? And figure out how to reach the data? I doubt it. Tesla might, but I'm not sure he wasn't from the future anyway. We're kind of in the same boat. We see and hear things with no idea what produces them.

Alternatively could what we see be bleed over from alternate dimensions? Somewhat out of phase, so it's not clear, but visible. Much like an old TV tuned just off the station frequency. Occasionally things snap into tune and we see a clear image. And the image see's us. Probably causing a bit of confusion and apprehension on both sides.

Too many possibilities. Zero proof of any of them. This field has a LONG way to go before we get any answers.
Modern life is a race between engineers striving to build a bigger and better idiot-proof
world, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#15 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think it is the assumption that Ghost = human spirit (let alone = afterlife) that is hindering the entire field.
We don't know what it is and all investigation is skewed to make it fit into one preconceived idea. People get such blinders on with the paranormal field that they don't see the tress for the forest. There is something there for us to discover.

native2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users