• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 skystone

skystone

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

These "artifacts" are just inanimate objects. They aren't good or bad & certainly can't retain "energy". Locations ok maybe. A large object such as Bonnie & Clyde's car that they died in? Maybe. But things like typewriters, or knives or guns etc? No way! I might even buy a uniform or dress or something like that. That a person was killed while wearing. An inanimate object is just that. A hunk of steel or stone etc. They can't jump up & DO something or generate good or evil powers. We've been fed too many horror stories through the movies & TV we don't even know what is real & what is bunkum, smoke & mirrors. Oh my house is haunted, I see things & hear things oh!!!!! Ok this door stop is your problem. I think somebody hit & killed somebody with it. I'll just take this nasty thing & it will be just fine! Bull!!! People are too suggestable. They watch Ghost Hunter type shows & start hearing or seeing things. Identify (so called)what's causing it & remove it. Everything is just fine. Why? Because it was all in the people heads in the first place. It's a plasebo a sugar pill. Convince the people that you can help & take an object (with a cockamaimy story). All better! Like Moma kissing your boo boo. It's all in the story & your head.

#2 Dctorlynn1

Dctorlynn1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

This show is laughable. They used a police officer to determine if a bone was of human origin. Is he a forensics expert or a coroner? No. He determined (with all of his non-medical expertise) that it was a child's vertebral bone. Well he was wrong. It wasn't a human vertebra. (I know because I AM a doctor.)

If this show plans on using completely non-qualified people as their experts, then they lost a viewer.

This is the worst produced show that Syfy has every put on the air.

#3 newenglanda508

newenglanda508

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

First I agree this show is pretty bad , John Zaffis is supposed to be the " Godfather of the paranormal " , he has been the investigator that a large majority of paranormal investigation teams base their methods by. I dont know what to say about why this show is the way it is , it seems like right away there is an object that causes the phenomena , that is not how it happens . I have been on several investigations and have never found one item to be the cause of paranormal phenomena , its tough to say what the cause actually is . They clearly discredited themselves last night by having a sheriff identify supposed bone fragments , I didn't know he was a Dr . , or a medical examiner what gives him the right to make that call ( the previous poster stated this already and I am agreeing with them ). Get back on track John , you have a reputation to protect not run around with a hot POA that only has 3 years experience in the field .

#4 newenglanda508

newenglanda508

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Haunted Collector and other SYFY programs have made some of us , that are paranormal enthusiasts and fans of this latest craze in pop culture " the paranormal reality show " very frustrated . We have all used " Ghost Hunters " as our comparison for what a ghost hunting show should be like . This makes sense since they are a large part of the reason more and more people have become more aware of the paranormal . However Jason and Grant learned a lot from people like John Zaffis . Before you bash his reputation and his crew's ( except for these two new people on his show that have little to no experience in the field ) reputation , I challenge you to research yourself what John and his team have done for the field . He is called the " Godfather of the Paranormal " for a reason . Executives and producers have ruined this show they have taken his " Haunted Collection" and got all of us to watch only to be disappointed . I would much rather know about his collection on a piece by piece basis instead of another poorly scripted and edited reality show . John and Brian are two people, that any of us in the field should hold there expertise and wisdom in very high regards . One other point before I end , what ever happened to helping people I would like to see another program similar to " Paranormal State" maybe SYFY wouldn't screw that up , who am I kidding yes they would .

Attached Files

#5 Dconlly

Dconlly

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Maybe it is just me, but it would seem that the "God Father of the Paranormal" would not be involved with anything that would bring discredit to his beloved field of expertise. If it is about money, then that brings up questions about his integrity.

#6 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Maybe it is just me, but it would seem that the "God Father of the Paranormal" would not be involved with anything that would bring discredit to his beloved field of expertise. If it is about money, then that brings up questions about his integrity.

If someone thinks Zaffis is the Godfather of the paranormal, they haven't done much research into the history of paranormal investigators.

As to involvement with discredited things: too late for that. He's already been associated with those bozos from GH, not to mention the real con artists in his own family: his aunt and his late uncle. I just don't think some of these people he's been associated with are as genuine as he is.

Strangely enough, I think Zaffis is genuine in trying to help people. I don't believe all of his findings or conclusions but I enjoy his investigations.

#7 twaflightmanager

twaflightmanager

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Haunted Collector and other SYFY programs have made some of us , that are paranormal enthusiasts and fans of this latest craze in pop culture " the paranormal reality show " very frustrated . We have all used " Ghost Hunters " as our comparison for what a ghost hunting show should be like . This makes sense since they are a large part of the reason more and more people have become more aware of the paranormal . However Jason and Grant learned a lot from people like John Zaffis . Before you bash his reputation and his crew's ( except for these two new people on his show that have little to no experience in the field ) reputation , I challenge you to research yourself what John and his team have done for the field . He is called the " Godfather of the Paranormal " for a reason . Executives and producers have ruined this show they have taken his " Haunted Collection" and got all of us to watch only to be disappointed . I would much rather know about his collection on a piece by piece basis instead of another poorly scripted and edited reality show . John and Brian are two people, that any of us in the field should hold there expertise and wisdom in very high regards . One other point before I end , what ever happened to helping people I would like to see another program similar to " Paranormal State" maybe SYFY wouldn't screw that up , who am I kidding yes they would .

I have to agree with you....well said

#8 twaflightmanager

twaflightmanager

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

This show is laughable. They used a police officer to determine if a bone was of human origin. Is he a forensics expert or a coroner? No. He determined (with all of his non-medical expertise) that it was a child's vertebral bone. Well he was wrong. It wasn't a human vertebra. (I know because I AM a doctor.)

If this show plans on using completely non-qualified people as their experts, then they lost a viewer.

This is the worst produced show that Syfy has every put on the air.

Strange isn't it?? I 'm a RN (And physicic medium) and THAT was not a human vertebrea...sorry John...

#9 fldino

fldino

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I have a hard time with so called paranormal investigators who are quick to make up reasons for why things are debunked. I just watched part of a show where he was in this building with a third floor closed off. Sorry...I didn't pay attention to where it was. Anyway, some of the team went through rooms and found that water started running in tubs and faucets. I believe it was in at least two separate rooms at the same time. Of course the debunk answer was that the building was old, the plumbing was old, and the water turned on by itself.

Really? In at least 3 or 4 different places at the same time? I've lived in some pretty old houses and maybe a sink might drip, maybe a tub until you get it fixed. Never 2 or more places at the same time however. That would be truely amazing and worth an investigation in and of itself.

I quit watching after the second show last year. Tried it again this time hoping for changes. If anything it's worse. If this guy Zaffis has 37-40 years in the business he sure hasn't learnd much.
I won't be watching again.

#10 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

God. his voice is irritating.

#11 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

another bad how on Syfy!

#12 AustynMerciny

AustynMerciny

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Although I love this show,I do believe this is a fake show.

Reason why is because they act to dramafied. when he said "I Hate when my name comes through that stupid box" that gives some proof right there that its to dramafied. Also when we discovered that sword sign implanted in that mans home under his carpet,that was a fake to me.

I do believe in ghost,me and a lot of people know that but this I don't believe in. He isn't the "Godfather of paranormal" because his show is more of a fake.
I loved the storm chasing business,until I got fired

Now im in a myth investigating team.

#13 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Fake? Of course it is and a very poor one, to say the least!!! <_<
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#14 DBBromberg

DBBromberg

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

I am amazed that they spent the money to make a season two the first season was proved to be B.S. that it was all fake!!!

#15 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hey in Native American beliefs, all things have a spirit.. even objects..

#16 blueranger1983

blueranger1983

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I have to say this show is the most laughable piece of ***** I have ever seen and I've only watch one episode, the one with the mill. When they took the knife to be looked at and the "expert" said it was a native american knife used for scalping. I have one question How the hell does she know that just from looking at the damned thing for five freaking seconds, I mean yeah there's every chance she's right but come on people,

#17 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

"Bunk" is kinds strong or is it? reminds me , oh fubar, I talked about that "cursed antique store" sometime ago, oh well, this show does seeem to be lacking, as stated earlier. Seems like a odd way for a guy to increase the items in a collection but if scaring the stuff out of people and then offering to buy the item(s)or just disposing of it, maybe the legal minds out there can answer it, but is that some form of fraud to get something one might want by making it seem "dangerous" or problematic to have in the dwelling? :huh:
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#18 Raven999

Raven999

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hey in Native American beliefs, all things have a spirit.. even objects..

I agree with you, crayclan. According to the mechanistic/non-spiritual mindset of western Europeans, objects are 'dead' and 'lifeless.' According to my belief system, objects have energy----and energy is something that modern man doesn't understand very well.

Can objects become 'charged' and absorb the energy of other life forms? Is it possible? I think the answer is yes.

There are physical locations that are charged with positive energy. And there are places that are charged with negative energy---and they can affect our emotional states in a negative way. The fact that we can't give a rational explanation for the way energy affects us does not negate the fact that we are influenced by 'energies'---and an object is, after all, a bit of solidified energy.
“We do not want merely to see beauty….We want something else which can hardly be put into words-to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it…to bathe in it.” --C. S. Lewis

#19 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I agree with you, crayclan. According to the mechanistic/non-spiritual mindset of western Europeans, objects are 'dead' and 'lifeless.' According to my belief system, objects have energy----and energy is something that modern man doesn't understand very well.

Can objects become 'charged' and absorb the energy of other life forms? Is it possible? I think the answer is yes.

There are physical locations that are charged with positive energy. And there are places that are charged with negative energy---and they can affect our emotional states in a negative way. The fact that we can't give a rational explanation for the way energy affects us does not negate the fact that we are influenced by 'energies'---and an object is, after all, a bit of solidified energy.

Exactly and did u see when he put that object in the glass case it looks as though it was placed on or around it by salt. In my faith that is a way to binde something negative.

#20 Raven999

Raven999

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Exactly and did u see when he put that object in the glass case it looks as though it was placed on or around it by salt. In my faith that is a way to binde something negative.

Yes. That is the traditional method of binding. And these practices of binding (a form of exorcism) have been practiced for centuries. Only the ignorant and uninformed will make judgments about things that they have never experienced firsthand. That is why some of the negative criticism of Mr. Zaffis, I believe, is completely unwarranted.

John Zaffis is not a phony, nor is he a fake. He is one of the most respected investigators in the paranormal field, having worked for years with Ed and Lorraine Warren, two lay individuals who were instrumental in doing the original research on the Amityville Horror xase AND the haunting in Connecticut incident.

Mr. Zaffis has donated his time and energy to help countless numbers of individuals--all free of charge. His only goal is to help them resolve difficult psychic and spiritual situations. Yes, he writes books, and he earns money by giving lectures on the paranormal. There is nothing wrong with that.

Snooki receives money for appearing on Jersey Shore.

Mr. Zaffis always seeks the advice of experts from a variety of different spiritual paths. (And he does not pretend to be all knowledgeable about this kind of phenomena.)

The phenomena that Mr. Zaffis is investigating is 100 percent real. I write this from years of personal experience. Of course, at one time, I was totally ignorant of these matters. I witnessed firsthand the possession of a friend of mine when I was around nineteen years old. --And this was years before any psychic-paranormal programs were on the air. That experience changed my perspective on life----and I have remained a student of these things ever since.

The Haunted Collector is entertainment. It is NOT meant to be an academic research project to prove or disprove psychic phenomena. That is an ongoing debate--and not the purpose of the show. Mr. Zaffis is helping people who are experiencing real issues--not people who are imagining things. He is called in after other methods of resolving the problem have failed. For the disbelievers, no amount of proof would convince them to accept the fact that these things do happen in this world. The people that he helps are just glad that he has shown up to get the problem resolved.
“We do not want merely to see beauty….We want something else which can hardly be put into words-to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it…to bathe in it.” --C. S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users