• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lancerzero9

lancerzero9

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

This show and many movies are utilizing the ever so annoying camera "cutout" effect. Especially this new plague on society known as "found footage" movies. It seems like anytime we see footage from a handheld camera, at some point an editor will CGI a pop in static and a warped view across the screen at random intervals. I think they believe it makes for a more creepy scenario or something.

What they are actually simulating is a poor analog video signal coming over the air or even bad tracking on a VHS tape. Digital cameras can sometimes pixelate or even tear and that is usually the playback devices fault not the camera. But never what was seen throughout the entire intro to Haunted Highway. Digital tech does not work that way.

Why Hollywood insists on keeping this around in movies and tv shows is beyond me. I can only guess the people making the decisions are lazy and just do what others do and it won't stop till these idiots retire. Don't they notice the little digital camera on their phone never does this? They are essentially faking something that is fake.to begin with and doing so on a "reality show".

And why for this show? It is actually hurting its credibility. The whole premise is showing what the investigators really captured themselves. Their cameras worked fine and making that look otherwise for any reason is a lie, however small. Ironically if such a technical glitch ever did happen it would be edited out.

Also its annoying and pointless. I don't think a single person reading this would complain if this effect were not in the show. Ghost Hunters isn't going to start doing this now are they?

Maybe this is just a rant, but I hope someone affiliated with this show sees this and gets rid of this overused effect. It adds nothing.

#2 lewispadgett

lewispadgett

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

This show and many movies are utilizing the ever so annoying camera "cutout" effect. Especially this new plague on society known as "found footage" movies. It seems like anytime we see footage from a handheld camera, at some point an editor will CGI a pop in static and a warped view across the screen at random intervals. I think they believe it makes for a more creepy scenario or something.

What they are actually simulating is a poor analog video signal coming over the air or even bad tracking on a VHS tape. Digital cameras can sometimes pixelate or even tear and that is usually the playback devices fault not the camera. But never what was seen throughout the entire intro to Haunted Highway. Digital tech does not work that way.

Why Hollywood insists on keeping this around in movies and tv shows is beyond me. I can only guess the people making the decisions are lazy and just do what others do and it won't stop till these idiots retire. Don't they notice the little digital camera on their phone never does this? They are essentially faking something that is fake.to begin with and doing so on a "reality show".

And why for this show? It is actually hurting its credibility. The whole premise is showing what the investigators really captured themselves. Their cameras worked fine and making that look otherwise for any reason is a lie, however small. Ironically if such a technical glitch ever did happen it would be edited out.

Also its annoying and pointless. I don't think a single person reading this would complain if this effect were not in the show. Ghost Hunters isn't going to start doing this now are they?

Maybe this is just a rant, but I hope someone affiliated with this show sees this and gets rid of this overused effect. It adds nothing.

AMEN!!!!

#3 mako25

mako25

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

man o man, this program is boring! Osborne diving, well he kept playing with his BC but never went down, you could see he was still on the surface. Air bubbles causing ripples How does programing like this get aired! Hairy man PLEASE, Folks let me tell you a little somethingabout TV shows, TV time is really expensivie, nothing is left for chance, nada, zip, they have camera crew production, all hands on deck, DO you really think these guys on these shows, and all of them, do their own work, please if you do I have swamp land in Brooklyn to sell,,,jajajaja but I love these shows, People do you think happy days was real? Star Trek really, Fact or faked, destination truth, ghost hunters all real, Hmmm NO, just entertainment, and I watch them I love them all but this one I have trouble watching it, it loike they are feeding you a S#7T sandwich and telling you it's roast beef....come on syfy, please don't feed me S*%t

#4 mako25

mako25

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

hey bark is still wet jajajajajaj for real

#5 rliddicoat

rliddicoat

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Passed articles have said that the past T.V. and Movies were to " Intellectual or Nerdy " so they dumb they down so even an Idiot can follow them.
They have succeed beyond belief! Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

I guess that pretty well sums it up, well, one part of what the show is trying to do, note the word "trying".
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#7 JakCr0w

JakCr0w

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

How about all the animal sounds they went overboard on? It sounded like the damned African savanna. Funny how you didn't hear it when they played back their videos.

#8 jnjr23

jnjr23

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

man o man, this program is boring! Osborne diving, well he kept playing with his BC but never went down, you could see he was still on the surface. Air bubbles causing ripples How does programing like this get aired! Hairy man PLEASE, Folks let me tell you a little somethingabout TV shows, TV time is really expensivie, nothing is left for chance, nada, zip, they have camera crew production, all hands on deck, DO you really think these guys on these shows, and all of them, do their own work, please if you do I have swamp land in Brooklyn to sell,,,jajajaja but I love these shows, People do you think happy days was real? Star Trek really, Fact or faked, destination truth, ghost hunters all real, Hmmm NO, just entertainment, and I watch them I love them all but this one I have trouble watching it, it loike they are feeding you a S#7T sandwich and telling you it's roast beef....come on syfy, please don't feed me S*%t

As someone who has been diving for 20 years, I also got a good laugh at this sequence. I kept hearing the radio transmission about him being at depth, but could clearly see from the camera view that his bubbles were breaking on the surface right next to his head, at one point his left hand even broke the surface. Hilarious. Now I may have more experience than Jack, but once I'm under and have established neutral buoyancy, I rarely touch the inflator/deflator on my BC until I am ready to surface. Sad to see Jael and Devin associated with the show, as I enjoy watching Fact or Faked and Destination Truth

#9 amanda111x

amanda111x

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

As someone who has been diving for 20 years, I also got a good laugh at this sequence. I kept hearing the radio transmission about him being at depth, but could clearly see from the camera view that his bubbles were breaking on the surface right next to his head, at one point his left hand even broke the surface. Hilarious. Now I may have more experience than Jack, but once I'm under and have established neutral buoyancy, I rarely touch the inflator/deflator on my BC until I am ready to surface. Sad to see Jael and Devin associated with the show, as I enjoy watching Fact or Faked and Destination Truth

I totally feel your sentiments Jnjr. I LOVE Fact or Faked and Destination Truth, and after the Skinwalker episode, I feel this show is completely faked and there for wonder at those shows since Jael and Devon came from those shows. They've really damaged long standing shows' reputations by agreeing to be part of such a farce. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt through the first few cheesy episodes, but did anyone notice the time stamps when Jael and Devon were heading into the woods? I was paying close attention because I thought it was very odd for it to be so bright in the woods still at 9:34 at night. A few clips later, Jael mentions that it was completely black now in the woods, and the time stamp was 9:37pm. I think if it went from bright sunlight to pitch black in 3 min, I'd be investigating that phenomenon before looking for the animals. And the "animals" have pushed the cameras over at the critical time just one too many times. Seriously, I"m a country girl, I know animal behavior and I don't believe many wild animals would survive in the woods if so many of them couldn't ever avoid obstacles like tripods, lol.

#10 luvtaps83

luvtaps83

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Jack Osbournes wet suit is still wet at this moment

#11 tommyajar

tommyajar

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Just curious.....how the hell do you know some of the things found on these shows is fake? HOW? Are you there? If not, then you don't know....sorry dude! I tend to believe in the paranormal, therefore, a show like Ghost Hunters (to a lesser extent) and the travel channel's Ghost Adventures is very real, but call me crazy! I just don't get when I read posts like this that tries to tell all of us lesser educated beings that we are basically dumb for believing some of the stuff on these shows? How do you know everything is fake? Show me proof of the fakeness, and then maybe you have a leg to stand on! THANKS!

#12 OhhWell0525

OhhWell0525

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Just curious.....how the hell do you know some of the things found on these shows is fake? HOW? Are you there? If not, then you don't know....sorry dude! I tend to believe in the paranormal, therefore, a show like Ghost Hunters (to a lesser extent) and the travel channel's Ghost Adventures is very real, but call me crazy! I just don't get when I read posts like this that tries to tell all of us lesser educated beings that we are basically dumb for believing some of the stuff on these shows? How do you know everything is fake? Show me proof of the fakeness, and then maybe you have a leg to stand on! THANKS!

They are not saying that there is no such thing as the paranormal, they are saying that this show is staged and fake. They support that with very specific sequences from the show. I watched one episode recently and it looked fake as hell and over produced to me. It's an awful show and probably is only still on the air because of Osborne. I didn't realize that the guy with the intermittent accent was Ozzy's son but it makes sense now.

#13 JakCr0w

JakCr0w

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

Why should we trust a show that's already been caught staging their episodes?

#14 fldino

fldino

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Staging their episodes? When and where? Are you perhaps mistaking this show for the ill fated Josh Gate's "Stranded"?

#15 JakCr0w

JakCr0w

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Staging their episodes? When and where? Are you perhaps mistaking this show for the ill fated Josh Gate's "Stranded"?

As in the premise of the show is fake. They're not alone by themselves. They've got a crew with them. 

http://www.paranorma...waydebunked.htm

While this guy has horrible grammar and spelling, he's dead on about the fact these guys aren't by themselves in the wilderness, one of the main premises of the show. And if you don't want to believe most of what the guy is saying, he took photos for good measure. Oh look! Their producer and camera crew and ATVs! No one would allow them on their property to look for "hellhounds". They couldn't go offroad to the supposed sighting locations because of the bureau of land management, and a "hellhound" was a known dog. How could this beeee?! Let's not forget the episode last season where they caught one of their sound guys on video and promptly "overlooked" him.

#16 Drumwzrd

Drumwzrd

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

So how many of the office staff did Jael have to blow to get yet ANOTHER show that she can screw up? She overacts worst then William Shatner. She should just stick to keeping her big mouth shut and posing for some nude photos. Everyone would be happy then.

#17 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Some have to go and others just stay, and stay. and stay. Am sure there is some logic behind this but  it escapes me as to why type of same it is.

Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users