23 replies to this topic

#1 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Finding bigfoot vs Destination Truth which do you think is better and why?

Personally I prefer Finding Bigfoot 1 hour approach to just 1 animal, to DT 2 30 minute segments. I don't get a sense in DT what it is what they're looking for and how.

One interest episode idea is to have DT spend an hour on finding bigfoot and compare that episode with FB.

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Personally I find the nonsense on FBf to be, well, unwatchable. You've got these guys giving a litany of Bigfoot characteristics from a creature that has never been proven. Bigfoot like to do ...., That's classic Bigfoot activity, A Bigfoot will ..... Then you have the first season where Matt was the show's worst critic, ripping on the producers for doing various things and twisting what we actually saw. Makes you wonder what you can trust on the show.

As much as DT has sunk in the progression of its seasons, it's still heads above FBf.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Personally I find the nonsense on FBf to be, well, unwatchable. You've got these guys giving a litany of Bigfoot characteristics from a creature that has never been proven. Bigfoot like to do ...., That's classic Bigfoot activity, A Bigfoot will ..... Then you have the first season where Matt was the show's worst critic, ripping on the producers for doing various things and twisting what we actually saw. Makes you wonder what you can trust on the show.

As much as DT has sunk in the progression of its seasons, it's still heads above FBf.

how is DT better?

#4 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

how is DT better?

There is still some semblance of healthy skepticism employed by the team and, while some of the forced skits are getting a little old for me, the personalities of the leads are still bearable, unlike the way I feel about ANY of the FBf cast. FBf cast is too gullible and biased when it comes to trying to interview supposed witnesses. How Matt can say (after a 3 minutes conversation) that the witness is very credible and definitely saw a bigfoot is beyond me.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#5 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

There is still some semblance of healthy skepticism employed by the team and, while some of the forced skits are getting a little old for me, the personalities of the leads are still bearable, unlike the way I feel about ANY of the FBf cast. FBf cast is too gullible and biased when it comes to trying to interview supposed witnesses. How Matt can say (after a 3 minutes conversation) that the witness is very credible and definitely saw a bigfoot is beyond me.

I see where you're coming from - Renee not skeptical enough for you?

My POV is task-oriented, I thnk FB does a better job start to finish in entering a town, talking to locals who claim eyewitness, then actually going to the spots re-creating it with bobo, and then putting on night gear for a night investigation. Using bobo to recreate is akin to FOF recreation.

If they swapt DT crew for FB crew, I'd still like FB approach

#6 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I see where you're coming from - Renee not skeptical enough for you?

My POV is task-oriented, I thnk FB does a better job start to finish in entering a town, talking to locals who claim eyewitness, then actually going to the spots re-creating it with bobo, and then putting on night gear for a night investigation. Using bobo to recreate is akin to FOF recreation.

If they swapt DT crew for FB crew, I'd still like FB approach

But what does recreating an incident prove? They can talk to all the eyewitnesses they want and then get out all the gear they can possibly have for a night investigation but if they are so set in their ways that every wolf call or bird shriek is a Bigfoot, then I don't see that as being the hallmark of a good investigation. In the end, they gather no definite evidence but still call the investigation a success and reaffirm the assertion (based on nothing) that Bigfoots are rampant in the area eating their second favorite food of Zagnuts.

#7 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

If FB investigated Central Park, they would claim it to be prime Sasquatch territory. Unfortunately, you cant take anything they say or do seriously.

Posted Image

#8 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

But what does recreating an incident prove? They can talk to all the eyewitnesses they want and then get out all the gear they can possibly have for a night investigation but if they are so set in their ways that every wolf call or bird shriek is a Bigfoot, then I don't see that as being the hallmark of a good investigation. In the end, they gather no definite evidence but still call the investigation a success and reaffirm the assertion (based on nothing) that Bigfoots are rampant in the area eating their second favorite food of Zagnuts.

If FB investigated Central Park, they would claim it to be prime Sasquatch territory. Unfortunately, you cant take anything they say or do seriously.

DT also hunted for bigfoot. How is DT approach to hunting for bigfoot better than FB?

#9 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

DT also hunted for bigfoot. How is DT approach to hunting for bigfoot better than FB?

Does a DT investigation consist of a seemingly endless stream of "facts" and "characteristics" about a creature that still is not proven?

Does a DT investigation end with Josh saying "well, we didn't find anything but there are definitely squatch in this area"?

Does DT mistakenly assume every sound in the night to be one made by a "squatch"?

Has DT ever shown a horse grazing in a field and ended the show leaving the viewer with the impression that it was an unknown animal, quite possibly squatchy?

Has Josh ever chased after something that he realized was human but had things edited such that he was arguing that he knew it was a "squatch"?

#10 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Does a DT investigation consist of a seemingly endless stream of "facts" and "characteristics" about a creature that still is not proven?

Does a DT investigation end with Josh saying "well, we didn't find anything but there are definitely squatch in this area"?

Does DT mistakenly assume every sound in the night to be one made by a "squatch"?

Has DT ever shown a horse grazing in a field and ended the show leaving the viewer with the impression that it was an unknown animal, quite possibly squatchy?

Has Josh ever chased after something that he realized was human but had things edited such that he was arguing that he knew it was a "squatch"?

see for yourself

#11 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

see for yourself

Please be more specific, I'm not watching 42 minutes to guess at what you're referring to.

#12 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

see for yourself

Thank you for proving our case for us. In that investigation, Jeff Meldrum, the foremost Bigfoot footprint expert in the world stated that the DT footprint was a significant discovery and the most intriguing piece of footprint evidence for Yeti that he has seen.

Also on the other hand Josh threw out the thermal footage as being possibly a Sherpa. FB woulds have claimed that it was Sasquatch hands down.

#13 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Here's how DT is better FB. Just imagine the following fictional episodes.

First, let's start with Finding Bigfoot:

As the Finding Bigfoot crew walks around in the forest, making their usual calls, Bobo's flashlight happens to come across something ahead in the trail. He walks over and checks it out. Soon, he calls over to Matt in a hushed voice, "Matt, come look at this. Deer droppings. If there is deer around here, there must be a 'squatch around."

Matt walks over, takes a look, and his eyes get really big. "Those aren't deer droppings! Those are from a 'squatch that made them look like deer droppings! I know for a fact that 'squatchs can disguise their droppings to look like another animal's much in the same way they can disguise their calls to sound like other animals!"

Bobo replies, "You're right, Matt. I didn't even think of that until you said something."

At this point, Renee happens to come by. "Oh look, deer droppings. At least we know there is something out in the woods besides us."

Matt looks at her smugly, "Those aren't deer droppings. That's from a 'squatch that made them to look like a deer's."

"Oh Matt, I can tell those are from a deer and that Bigfoot can't disguise his poo." she replies. Matt's face turns red and he growls, "I know what a 'squatchs droppings look like and these are them. Don't you dare disagree with me or I will kick you off the show!"

All the while, Cliff is standing behind Bobo, nodding his head in agreement with everything that Matt says.

Now, let's change the channel and look at the same instance but with Josh and his crew:

As Josh and his team walk through the forest, Josh ever so tied to watching the thermal, Ryder flashes her light around and sees something on the trail. She walks over and looks, then calls to Josh.

"Josh, come take a look at this. I think these are droppings from a deer, but I'm not sure. Seems like there are some big footprints around them but no deer tracks."

Josh walks over and takes a look. "I don't know. Those tracks are pretty hard to make out and I'm pretty sure those are droppings are from a deer. Hang on."

Josh gets out his walkie talkie. "Josh to Base Camp. It appears we might have some tracks and droppings. Can someone bring us the Evidence Kit so we can make a cast and get some samples to take back to someone who knows better?"

Immediately, one of the crew from camp comes out with the kit. For the next few minutes the audience is treated to Josh collecting evidence, taking pictures, and making a cast.

Fast forward to later in the show, we see Josh with expert Jim Dines. Jim tells Josh that the droppings are definitely from deer found in that region. As for the casts made, he confirms that they are probably a mix of deer tracks and some other animals that has walked through the area.

See the difference?

#14 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Here's how DT is better FB. Just imagine the following fictional episodes.

First, let's start with Finding Bigfoot:

As the Finding Bigfoot crew walks around in the forest, making their usual calls, Bobo's flashlight happens to come across something ahead in the trail. He walks over and checks it out. Soon, he calls over to Matt in a hushed voice, "Matt, come look at this. Deer droppings. If there is deer around here, there must be a 'squatch around."

Matt walks over, takes a look, and his eyes get really big. "Those aren't deer droppings! Those are from a 'squatch that made them look like deer droppings! I know for a fact that 'squatchs can disguise their droppings to look like another animal's much in the same way they can disguise their calls to sound like other animals!"

Bobo replies, "You're right, Matt. I didn't even think of that until you said something."

At this point, Renee happens to come by. "Oh look, deer droppings. At least we know there is something out in the woods besides us."

Matt looks at her smugly, "Those aren't deer droppings. That's from a 'squatch that made them to look like a deer's."

"Oh Matt, I can tell those are from a deer and that Bigfoot can't disguise his poo." she replies. Matt's face turns red and he growls, "I know what a 'squatchs droppings look like and these are them. Don't you dare disagree with me or I will kick you off the show!"

All the while, Cliff is standing behind Bobo, nodding his head in agreement with everything that Matt says.

Now, let's change the channel and look at the same instance but with Josh and his crew:

As Josh and his team walk through the forest, Josh ever so tied to watching the thermal, Ryder flashes her light around and sees something on the trail. She walks over and looks, then calls to Josh.

"Josh, come take a look at this. I think these are droppings from a deer, but I'm not sure. Seems like there are some big footprints around them but no deer tracks."

Josh walks over and takes a look. "I don't know. Those tracks are pretty hard to make out and I'm pretty sure those are droppings are from a deer. Hang on."

Josh gets out his walkie talkie. "Josh to Base Camp. It appears we might have some tracks and droppings. Can someone bring us the Evidence Kit so we can make a cast and get some samples to take back to someone who knows better?"

Immediately, one of the crew from camp comes out with the kit. For the next few minutes the audience is treated to Josh collecting evidence, taking pictures, and making a cast.

Fast forward to later in the show, we see Josh with expert Jim Dines. Jim tells Josh that the droppings are definitely from deer found in that region. As for the casts made, he confirms that they are probably a mix of deer tracks and some other animals that has walked through the area.

See the difference?

That 's pretty funny jimmyjoejimbobb and also true.

#15 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Agree!

I also like Jim Dines. Seems very knowledgeable and professional.

#16 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yep, even though describing a hypothetical pair of investigations (rather than taking actual events) it hits the mark quite well as far as the essence of the two shows.

#17 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Supposedly FB found hair and voice samples that "proves" bigfoot in season 3 so I plan to watch those particular episodes.

I wouldn't mind watching DT investigate some of PW episode, like the poltergeist story.

#18 marshal99

marshal99

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Matt Moneymaker makes a lot of money organising those BFRO expeditions. A few hundred dollars per person to bring them up to the woods and do wood knocks and make whooping noises in the night. Save the money and watch finding bigfoot and see these tools stumble all over themselves to call everything "squatches".

#19 ensabah6

ensabah6

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Matt Moneymaker makes a lot of money organising those BFRO expeditions. A few hundred dollars per person to bring them up to the woods and do wood knocks and make whooping noises in the night. Save the money and watch finding bigfoot and see these tools stumble all over themselves to call everything "squatches".

MoneymakerPosted ImagePosted Image

#20 IceManPJN

IceManPJN

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Finding bigfoot vs Destination Truth which do you think is better and why?

Posted Image

All of these sorts of programs are incompetent messes. The only monster-hunting type of show that I can think of that was worth half a deuce in recent history is Monster Quest. The rest have novices pretending to be experts, exhibiting more bias than Fox News, and spouting all sorts of ignorant nonsense.

I forget which show it was, but some coworkers and I once had a laugh at its expense, mocking how everywhere is "Squatch" territory. It doesn't matter where you go, as evidently that's classic Squatch country. It can be a deciduous forest, pine forest, jungle, swamp, tundra, desert, active volcano, or a shopping mall; all are prime Squatch country.

I wanted to take a big, healthy squatch on the hosts of these hokey shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users