4 replies to this topic

#1 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

i think that they should see if they can do a big screen movie for eureka like they did for fire fly, i mean hell, firefly didn't even get past 1 season, eureka could be a whole seires of movieslike harry potter, ok it won't be as big as potter, but i bet it would do good numbers.
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#2 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

i think that they should see if they can do a big screen movie for eureka like they did for fire fly, i mean hell, firefly didn't even get past 1 season, eureka could be a whole seires of movieslike harry potter, ok it won't be as big as potter, but i bet it would do good numbers.

Made for TV movies, or direct to DVD possibly, but I don't think it has the audience to support theatrical release. Yes, Serenity did get made, but it didn't make a profit. Cult status on TV is one thing, but you have to have a much larger audience, and/or a huge marketing push to get people into the theater.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#3 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Made for TV movies, or direct to DVD possibly, but I don't think it has the audience to support theatrical release. Yes, Serenity did get made, but it didn't make a profit. Cult status on TV is one thing, but you have to have a much larger audience, and/or a huge marketing push to get people into the theater.

eh maybe, stargate got 2 movies direct to dvd, so i suppose there might be a chance, how did the stargate movies do?
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#4 lovethistown

lovethistown

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

I thnk that SyFy should order 3 two hour tv movies and that would equal the 6 hours we were supposed to get. They could space them out through the year and show them as a Saturday night event or something. For what it's worth, though, I was fortunate enough to be at the Eureka panel at the Paley center last month. They did talk about making a movie and they said they want to do it, but nothing is planned, of course. I got the impression they were talking theatrical release, though, not tv movie.I don't know how (or if) any of it would work out, but I'd be happy with whatever we could get ...

#5 cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'd love to see a Eureka big screen movie (or at least a TV movie or two)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users