Photo

HOT SET PREMIERES TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 AT 10/9c!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 scifiadmin1

scifiadmin1

Administrator

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

From the producers of Syfy's hit series Face Off, Hot Set is an extreme design challenge pitting two Hollywood production designers each week in a head-to-head battle to design, build, decorate and ultimately create an original and signature movie set that transports the viewer into an immersive world.

Each week, two teams, led by talented production designers, will be challenged to create an immersive world around a surprise element - an unusual prop, character, or animal. They will have just 3 days and a limited budget to create an original space that holds up to the scrutiny of Hollywood's top creative experts.

LINK:
http://www.syfy.com/hotset

#2 Deepbellow

Deepbellow

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

i love that they did this as a show because i created the sets all through out high school and it was really fun to show my creativity and come together as team.

#3 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

this show sounds interesting to me, hopefully it is watchable.

#4 Norseman143

Norseman143

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

I saw the previews and I thought it looked good. Kind of like face Off except set designing. I will be watching

#5 fresnotimelord_1

fresnotimelord_1

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Who is the Host??

#6 unholyghost

unholyghost

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

So excited for this show! I hope it works!

#7 shadricks

shadricks

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

i love that they did this as a show because i created the sets all through out high school and it was really fun to show my creativity and come together as team.

Syfy, please stop with the dumb shows. Make more good dramas Alphas. Please revive The Gates. Bring back Being Human.

#8 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,709 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Syfy, please stop with the dumb shows. Make more good dramas Alphas. Please revive The Gates. Bring back Being Human.

Being Human is back in January. They need time to actually film a new season before they can broadcast it, you know! :P

#9 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Interesting :huh: but not exactly what I might expect to see on SyFy but during this time of the tv sesion, "you pay your money and tke your chances" <_< We just gotta hold on wile the shows for Fall are being filmed :)
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#10 flamenca16

flamenca16

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

My brother is an extremely talented set designer who has worked in the movie business for 25 years, anyone know how he can apply to be on Hot Set??

#11 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Out of all the newer reality or game show type shows SyFy has been doing lately, this one looks like it may actually be interesting.

this is the first show in a long time that I am actually going to check out that is new on SyFy.

They really need more Scripted Shows again if thi network is going to be good again!

We need more SciFi space based shows!

#12 Scadilla

Scadilla

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

It would be cool if they make some kind of collaboration with Face Off somewhere down the road.

#13 BeiBei

BeiBei

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ben Mankiewicz is the host and also is a host for Turner Classic Movies, so he knows a lot about movies and production. I'm going to watch the show. I really think it will be good. A collaboration between Face Off and Hot Set would be amazing.

#14 ravingcat777

ravingcat777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

It would be cool if they make some kind of collaboration with Face Off somewhere down the road.

Wow. I'm loving this, and Scadilla I totally agree. :)
The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and
ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- Jabberwocky -- Lewis Caroll

#15 AilaPearl

AilaPearl

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

My husband and I are really looking forward to the show. It would be nice if like Face Off, they would have everyday set designers compete and not necessarily the experts. My husband has been designing and building sets for our local community theater for over 15 years. He has done great things with local haunted houses as well. Maybe next season they could change things up to bring in outside set designers.

#16 BeiBei

BeiBei

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

My husband and I are really looking forward to the show. It would be nice if like Face Off, they would have everyday set designers compete and not necessarily the experts. My husband has been designing and building sets for our local community theater for over 15 years. He has done great things with local haunted houses as well. Maybe next season they could change things up to bring in outside set designers.

That sounds like a great idea. Let some hard working and talented people that work for their community or even collages as set designers be on next "season." I love haunted attractions and I know your husband does an outstanding job there and for your community theatre. maybe you could find out how to apply for the show and (fingers crossed) he could get chosen. I'm also looking forward to the show. Please let us know if he ever gets on the show. I'll be cheering for him.

#17 spookdoc

spookdoc

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I am in a haunted house and the prop master amazing i belive he should be on hot set when he makes a set in the haunted house its like you are in the movies. i wish there was a way to get him to be in hot set. if so how would i get him into hot set. i will post a picture of his set once he finshes this years new set

#18 Norseman143

Norseman143

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

I dont think its dumb at all! Whats more to do with SyFy than Face off and Hot set? it shows how things are done and how they do it. I think its a great idea.

#19 BeiBei

BeiBei

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I dont think its dumb at all! Whats more to do with SyFy than Face off and Hot set? it shows how things are done and how they do it. I think its a great idea.

I agree Norseman. I'm really looking forward to Hot Set. It will be amazing to see all the work that goes into developing sets. I'll never forget how amazed I was at the beautiful and intricate sets designed for Phantom of the Opera. Our tickets were way in the back, but I was thrilled to be able to see it live. I also loved the movie version. The costumes were fantastic, too (in both). I'd love to see Wicked, but haven't had the chance to do so yet.

#20 snewsom7689

snewsom7689

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

How about actual shows with Science Fiction instead of all of the reality junk. I don't care how they do it accept for the fact that they do create it and I can appreciate it in a good quality SCIENCE FICTION show. The channel is called SYFY not SY-reality junk shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users