• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 litpusher

litpusher

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

How is costuming handled for the Face Off challenges? I have never seen any contestants selecting fabrics or using a sewing machine, yet the costumes for their characters are often elaborate. I have never even seen contestants designing costumes and taking those designs to a team for completion. Last season, I did see contestants pulling costume pieces from a rack of clothes when they did the old age make-up... but that would not have worked for the pirate challenge or the dragon dancing challenge, or most of the challenges on the show. Who designs the costumes, who makes the costumes, and who fits them?

#2 carpocratian

carpocratian

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

That's a good question. I have been wondering about that, as well.

#3 ravingcat777

ravingcat777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'd be curious to know who does the costuming as well. I mean, that's an art in itself and it's not exactly like they can run over to "Project Runway" and ask those folks to whip them up a costume really fast. :)
The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and
ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- Jabberwocky -- Lewis Caroll

#4 litpusher

litpusher

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

On the Alice In Zombieland challenge, we saw a couple of people make costumes out of fur for the Cheshire Cat.. but did they actually make them, or just prepare the fur and someone else sewed them? When the models came in for their make-up applications, we saw a couple of contestants go to a rack and pick up their costumes, which had their names on them. One contestant said, "Is that one mine?" as if she had never seen it, so certainly did not design it, choose the fabrics, or sew it.

#5 Deodra2

Deodra2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

On the Alice In Zombieland challenge, we saw a couple of people make costumes out of fur for the Cheshire Cat.. but did they actually make them, or just prepare the fur and someone else sewed them? When the models came in for their make-up applications, we saw a couple of contestants go to a rack and pick up their costumes, which had their names on them. One contestant said, "Is that one mine?" as if she had never seen it, so certainly did not design it, choose the fabrics, or sew it.

I saw that too and was wondering about it... I would not mind if someone else made them and the contestant just came up with the design. I'd just like to know :)
Formerly Deodra

Go nithe an cat thú is go nithe an diabhal an cat. Ní hé lá na báistí lá na bpáistí.

#6 litpusher

litpusher

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Since costuming is such an important aspect of the final look, and since the judges often comment on the costuming, we should get to see how it is handled. Some of these costumes are obviously custom made.. does the contestant have to turn in a complete design? Does that time count as part of their workday? Since the judges will often put someone in the lower or the upper ranks based on costume (examples abound.. the suit jacket over the muscle bound sidekick.. the muslin hooded robe over the Star Wars character.. that character of Tommy's with the red plaid shirt, etc), please show us what the responsibility is of the contestants regarding costume! Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users