• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 icarus731

icarus731

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

OK, I gather people are a little miffed that Roy is not in the finale, but be that as it may, was curious who among the finalist should win and why?

I'll start:

I think Laura will ultimately win, but don't think it will be a complete runaway. She has an enormous amount of vision and focus. She is outstanding when it comes to her airbrushing and color schemes, which can really spike up her final creation.

Nicole has really stepped up her game and can give her a real run for her money if she doesn't overdo it on prostetics (making some of her creations seem (like others have noted) like Walmart Halloween masks.

Derek is hit or miss for me. If given the right category he can be fantastic! I think it will depend on what directions he takes. For the past 2 weeks I thought that Derek's creations were actually better than Laura's.

#2 leloomina

leloomina

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm more curious about how they're gona do this voting thing, since the show has been shot already. Bring back the contestants after months to find out who's the winner? Seems very unclear. If someone can elaborate on that, it will be great.

But back to your question. Laura has been rapidly declining. She's tired at this point. Creative but tired. Her recent execution choices were bad, very questionable. And here comes in Nicole. She's the second obvious choice in case Laura can't pull it through. Quite frankly I'm not sure why people are impressed with her work since she's come back. I'm not a hatter, quite the opposite I like the girl, but I just don't see the creativity. The show is supposed to be about "the next big name in movie magic". Nicole doesn't fit the bill. Maybe it's just me but her Seuss character was terrible, the sculpt, the hair. The cyborg, much better, different for sure, but not execution wise next to Derek's. Which brings us to him. He's just inconsistent. I just don't see him pulling it off.

As Ve would put it "What a bummer"!

#3 Cyborg65

Cyborg65

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'm more curious about how they're gona do this voting thing, since the show has been shot already. Bring back the contestants after months to find out who's the winner? Seems very unclear. If someone can elaborate on that, it will be great.

But back to your question. Laura has been rapidly declining. She's tired at this point. Creative but tired. Her recent execution choices were bad, very questionable. And here comes in Nicole. She's the second obvious choice in case Laura can't pull it through. Quite frankly I'm not sure why people are impressed with her work since she's come back. I'm not a hatter, quite the opposite I like the girl, but I just don't see the creativity. The show is supposed to be about "the next big name in movie magic". Nicole doesn't fit the bill. Maybe it's just me but her Seuss character was terrible, the sculpt, the hair. The cyborg, much better, different for sure, but not execution wise next to Derek's. Which brings us to him. He's just inconsistent. I just don't see him pulling it off.

As Ve would put it "What a bummer"!

And for the reasons you just explained are why they cut Roy before the finale. With Roy gone it is anyones game to win, had Roy been sent to the finals he would have been the overwhelming favorite and the one to beat. Roy would have walked away with the win easily and I guess that just doesnt make for good television competition. Its sad that they had to cut the one guy that did awesome work all season and was sent home to try and make the finale fair for the remaining 3. Derek will not win because they have to have a woman win this year. Laura vs Nicole, well since in the past two episodes they have shown Laura as unfocused and tired that is the clue for me and will be the excuse for her not winning. Nicole has really impressed the judges ( but not the fans ) since her return and the producers assume that everyone likes a good comeback story so look for Nicole to win the finale.

#4 icarus731

icarus731

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Derek will not win because they have to have a woman win this year.

That may be true, and if it is, it really ticks me off that people can't simply be judged on talent and talent alone. Why do they HAVE to have a woman win? Because one hasn't won before? Come on... It's politial correctness taken to the extreme. I realize that isn't the real world... but maybe it should be. :P

#5 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

With Roy gone it is anyones game to win, had Roy been sent to the finals he would have been the overwhelming favorite and the one to beat. Roy would have walked away with the win easily and I guess that just doesnt make for good television competition.

Derek will not win because they have to have a woman win this year.

I have to vehemently disagree with both of these statements. I think the person who will win is: The person who does the best job on the finale. I think personal biases are more minor than you would think. They exist, but I don't think they will sway the end outcome. People will vote for the best result.

If Roy had made the finale, he would not have automatically won. That is ignorant. There have been several results this year where he blatantly was NOT the best. If we were allowed to vote those times, he would not have won.

Likewise, saying that Derek has no chance of winning because a woman "has" to win this year? Also very ignorant. If he goes out and blows everyone away, he is going to win.

The person with the most difficult chance is probably Nicole because people have some bias to her because of last night, and because she came back from elimination. That said, if she and her team go out and do the best work, (which i don't think is likely - but could happen), she will probably win.

If I had to handicap the finale based off of past performances and odds of winning, I'd do it like this:

Laura: 2/1 -- 50%
Derek: 5/2 -- 40%
Nicole: 10/1 -- 10%

#6 FantaG

FantaG

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

The person set up to win, will win. and we will see her win. She is Laura.

And... it has been played out to lay this way. It's not the best three up there next week, it's the last three.

if anyone believes that these last three are THE BEST of the season, has been in a closet. If anyone believes any of the contestants... especially the LAST THREE will move on to become "the next big name in movie magic" is the target demographic.

The tragic makeups these two females presented last night were shameful. I would not even consider them haunt worthy. It's a shame, because there have been GRANDE opportunities for the show to explore real talent and even, dare I say, exploit it.

If you believe this cast was the BEST out there, you may need to get out more.

Treating the audience like morons hasnt helped either. Look at what happened the moment someone with an ounce of talent was let go for minor infractions compared to the obscene horrors of the others.

Lesson to the show is that the audience is not as stupid as they've thought.

#7 Tonygg1

Tonygg1

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

The person set up to win, will win. and we will see her win. She is Laura.

And... it has been played out to lay this way. It's not the best three up there next week, it's the last three.

if anyone believes that these last three are THE BEST of the season, has been in a closet. If anyone believes any of the contestants... especially the LAST THREE will move on to become "the next big name in movie magic" is the target demographic.

The tragic makeups these two females presented last night were shameful. I would not even consider them haunt worthy. It's a shame, because there have been GRANDE opportunities for the show to explore real talent and even, dare I say, exploit it.

If you believe this cast was the BEST out there, you may need to get out more.

Treating the audience like morons hasnt helped either. Look at what happened the moment someone with an ounce of talent was let go for minor infractions compared to the obscene horrors of the others.

Lesson to the show is that the audience is not as stupid as they've thought.

wow you are full of hate.
I see why they voted Roy off but I thought his was better then Nicole.
I agree with Laura winning last night. If your going to complain about the makeup well lets see if you can do it. I know it's a pain I've been drawing and painting for over 40 years and sometimes just to get what you want to go together is a pain. I liked what Laura did, it was creative but I am sure say if they had an extra day Roy's design would of blown them all away. Nicole's stuff, well they do say walmart's prices keep dropping every day.

#8 Cyborg65

Cyborg65

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

If Roy had made the finale, he would not have automatically won. That is ignorant. There have been several results this year where he blatantly was NOT the best. If we were allowed to vote those times, he would not have won.

Likewise, saying that Derek has no chance of winning because a woman "has" to win this year? Also very ignorant. If he goes out and blows everyone away, he is going to win.

The statements above are not "Ignorant" they are personal opinion and from the forums EXPLODING with similar posts showing their disgust at Roy being cut, I would say my opinion is in the majority and not the minority as is yours. As for Roy "Blatantly" not being the best, well that would have meant me was in the worst category-ROY WAS NEVER, let me repeat that, NEVER IN THE BOTTOM LOOKS. The only challenge where he was even remotely close was the chinese dragon challenge and it was because of the paint job that he didnt do and he even expressed his concerns about it before the judging.

As for a woman winning this year, I would love to see a woman win and am a big fan of Laura's work, but there was not a woman in the history of the show that posessed the talent Roy has. It has been obvious that the show has been weeding down the contestants to keep as many women in the running as possible. It is also obvious that the judges have been favoring Nicole since her return to try and bolster the descision to bring her back. Her suess character was nothing but a fancy wig and some painted fun fur, there was no real talent needed to create that mess and it didnt even look like the character it was suppose to. The amount of work and the quality of the work put into Roy's creation was amazing, even one of the judges said something about how lifelike it was. Roy kept his creation close to the guidelines of the challenge while keeping a fantastic Suess look to the character. Nicoles cyborg didnt even really have any cyborg aspects to it. She had an eyepiece that was remeniscent of LaForge's visor from Star Trek TNG and she added a backlit gear to the chest that did absolutely nothing, her makup was more a glamour shot than cyborg creature. I really liked Roy's build and felt it really showed creativity and the spirit of the challenge but I did like dereks makeup better. It was much more thought out and cyborg than was Nicole's and he should have won again proving that the judges are biased and trying to help nicole get into the finals.Im not even going to discuss the POS she did on the Grimm challenge but again Roy's creation blew hers away.

You are entitled to your opinions but dont call people ignorant because they dont share your opinion, that makes you look like the one that is ignorant.

#9 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

You are entitled to your opinions but dont call people ignorant because they dont share your opinion, that makes you look like the one that is ignorant.

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I was calling people who said that Roy was a "shoo-in" to win, and those who said Derek had "no chance" ignorant.

You cannot claim that someone will automatically win or lose before even seeing their work. Basically, what I was saying was that the work will do the talking in the finale. There have been plenty of challenges that Roy didn't win. You seem to be insinuating that if there had been a vote Roy would have won every single challenge. I strongly dispute that.

#10 Cyborg65

Cyborg65

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I was calling people who said that Roy was a "shoo-in" to win, and those who said Derek had "no chance" ignorant.

You cannot claim that someone will automatically win or lose before even seeing their work. Basically, what I was saying was that the work will do the talking in the finale. There have been plenty of challenges that Roy didn't win. You seem to be insinuating that if there had been a vote Roy would have won every single challenge. I strongly dispute that.

you are the one LACKING in reading comprehension. I said it was my OPINION! and as my OPINION i can say or think anything i want. It is my OPINION that Roy would have won the finale. Had there been a vote then im double sure that Roy would have won. Did you see a huge explosion of posts on the forums when Nicole was sent home? NO! Did you see a huge explosion of posts on the forums when any of the other contestants were sent home? NO! your post was quoting statements I made and calling them ignorant so dont try and backtrack now.

You need to get a dictionary and look up the word OPINION. Anything anyone posts here is an opinion and as people we have the right to our opinions. Maybe you live in some communist country where having original thoughts and ideals are punished but here in the USA we are free to think whatever we want and have whatever opinions we want.

#11 FantaG

FantaG

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

1351169872[/url]' post='7041518']
wow you are full of hate.
I see why they voted Roy off but I thought his was better then Nicole.
I agree with Laura winning last night. If your going to complain about the makeup well lets see if you can do it. I know it's a pain I've been drawing and painting for over 40 years and sometimes just to get what you want to go together is a pain. I liked what Laura did, it was creative but I am sure say if they had an extra day Roy's design would of blown them all away. Nicole's stuff, well they do say walmart's prices keep dropping every day.

Full of hate?
How does one logically conclude that from a paragraph?
You see why they voted Roy off YET you also believe his was better than Nicole's. then you have also seen the shows bias.I can't understand how anyone could see Laura's as the winning piece. It was neither makeup, GRIMM, or good.
"Let's see if you can do it". LOL. Just because you cannot, does not mean I cannot.

#12 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

you are the one LACKING in reading comprehension. I said it was my OPINION! and as my OPINION i can say or think anything i want. It is my OPINION that Roy would have won the finale. Had there been a vote then im double sure that Roy would have won. Did you see a huge explosion of posts on the forums when Nicole was sent home? NO! Did you see a huge explosion of posts on the forums when any of the other contestants were sent home? NO! your post was quoting statements I made and calling them ignorant so dont try and backtrack now.

You need to get a dictionary and look up the word OPINION. Anything anyone posts here is an opinion and as people we have the right to our opinions. Maybe you live in some communist country where having original thoughts and ideals are punished but here in the USA we are free to think whatever we want and have whatever opinions we want.

Well it is nice that you have blind faith that Roy would have won without even seeing anybody's work. I don't. It seems like you are of the opinion that he did no wrong and was the winner on every single challenge. It is ok for that to be your opinion, but it doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous.

Now, it would be fair to say that he might have been the "favorite" to win, BUT saying he would win no matter what - IS - stupid. That isn't opinion. That is factual.

I'm not going to judge anybody in the finale until I see their final work. Then we'll have a better grip on just who deserves to win. I have a lot more faith that the best makeup in the finale will be the one who wins than just picking a contestant blindly.

I'd go into this finale saying that from what we've seen before Laura is probably the favorite with Derek slightly behind. Nicole isn't out of it by any means either. But to claim that any of them are automatically going to win is ignorant.

#13 FantaG

FantaG

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

1351205971[/url]' post='7041607']
Well it is nice that you have blind faith that Roy would have won without even seeing anybody's work. I don't. It seems like you are of the opinion that he did no wrong and was the winner on every single challenge. It is ok for that to be your opinion, but it doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous.

Now, it would be fair to say that he might have been the "favorite" to win, BUT saying he would win no matter what - IS - stupid. That isn't opinion. That is factual.

I'm not going to judge anybody in the finale until I see their final work. Then we'll have a better grip on just who deserves to win. I have a lot more faith that the best makeup in the finale will be the one who wins than just picking a contestant blindly.

I'd go into this finale saying that from what we've seen before Laura is probably the favorite with Derek slightly behind. Nicole isn't out of it by any means either. But to claim that any of them are automatically going to win is ignorant.

Of the final three, Roy has the best working knowledge of the materials. Laura is going to win, because she's the predetermined winner.

#14 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Of the final three, Roy has the best working knowledge of the materials. Laura is going to win, because she's the predetermined winner.

And if she blows it? You're saying she'll still win because the votes are rigged?

Yeah. Ok.

#15 Cyborg65

Cyborg65

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

And if she blows it? You're saying she'll still win because the votes are rigged?

Yeah. Ok.

So do you work for SyFy or are you part of the FaceOff production team? You are the only person on the forums that doesnt think Roy got the shaft or that the judges made a huge mistake, that should tell you something. You=for getting rid of Roy, everyone else=Against getting rid of Roy. Majority rules in a democracy but not in your mind and not on a rigged tv contest show like faceoff. Its obvious to everyone that they had to get rid of Roy this week because in a fan vote he was the odds on favorite and in the opinion of everyone on the forums he would have won easliy, everyone but you that is.

#16 FantaG

FantaG

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

She won't blow it. She wins, she's been set up for it. Watch.

#17 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

So do you work for SyFy or are you part of the FaceOff production team? You are the only person on the forums that doesnt think Roy got the shaft or that the judges made a huge mistake, that should tell you something. You=for getting rid of Roy, everyone else=Against getting rid of Roy. Majority rules in a democracy but not in your mind and not on a rigged tv contest show like faceoff. Its obvious to everyone that they had to get rid of Roy this week because in a fan vote he was the odds on favorite and in the opinion of everyone on the forums he would have won easliy, everyone but you that is.

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this nonsensical post.

I have said many times that if it were up to me I would have sent Nicole home. The only people that think Roy's elimination were "obvious" are conspiracy theorists. You have to make so many silly assumptions to leap to that conclusion. Season 1 and Season 2 were not critiqued as being rigged to the best of my knowledge. That means that only this season is. And for what? To ensure a female winner? After only 2 years? And this information has never been leaked anywhere even though there would need to literally be dozens of people in on it?

A lot of people seem to have been a fan of Roy. Laura seems to have a fair amount of fans as well. I dispute vehemently that he would have won "easily." Who is to say that he would have won if he had made the finale? He may have been the favorite, but to make the claim that he "easily" would have won is a fallacy that an eight year old could see through.

I suppose you are someone who thinks the moon landing was faked too? Or that the world is flat? Put down the tinfoil hat for a minute. The judges made a small mistake, and your panties are in a bunch about it. It happens.

#18 Fiery101

Fiery101

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

She won't blow it. She wins, she's been set up for it. Watch.

She very well could win. I don't dispute that. We'll see how the final makeups turn out.

But how stupid are you going to feel if Derek wins? I almost hope it happens just to shut people up.

#19 FantaG

FantaG

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I hope he wins too, that would mean the fan votes disrupted the plan.

#20 Cyborg65

Cyborg65

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this nonsensical post.

I have said many times that if it were up to me I would have sent Nicole home. The only people that think Roy's elimination were "obvious" are conspiracy theorists. You have to make so many silly assumptions to leap to that conclusion. Season 1 and Season 2 were not critiqued as being rigged to the best of my knowledge. That means that only this season is. And for what? To ensure a female winner? After only 2 years? And this information has never been leaked anywhere even though there would need to literally be dozens of people in on it?

A lot of people seem to have been a fan of Roy. Laura seems to have a fair amount of fans as well. I dispute vehemently that he would have won "easily." Who is to say that he would have won if he had made the finale? He may have been the favorite, but to make the claim that he "easily" would have won is a fallacy that an eight year old could see through.

I suppose you are someone who thinks the moon landing was faked too? Or that the world is flat? Put down the tinfoil hat for a minute. The judges made a small mistake, and your panties are in a bunch about it. It happens.

And you are too blind to see the wool being pulled over your eyes. I am not gullable enough to believe that this season is not rigged. Every week Roy continued to create top notch work but it wouldnt really be a contest or much of a TV show if Roy won every week now would it? He won 2 challenges by himself, a foundation challenge, and helped 2 or 3 other people win. Without Roy Rod would not have won, without Roy Alana would not have won and he even helped Laura with her makeup this week and she won. As for Roy's creations being too big or him doing too much, since when is it a bad thing to go the extra mile or put in the extra effort to produce quality. I think the judges were mad because its kind of hard to name someone else a winner every week when they are up against that kind of work. They kept telling him to tone it down so it would be easier to find fault with his work, and the one week he takes a less is more approach he gets cut. Go Figure!

As for the show not being rigged, I guess you werent a fan of the shows Rockstar INXS or Rockstar Supernova. They had men and women on the show but you knew a woman wasnt going to win despite having some extremely talented female vocalists on the show. The first season was won by JD who was in a INXS cover band before being picked to go on the show but none of this was released until after the finale. The second season pretty much went the same way, they had the person picked out who they wanted and despite what the audience chose they went a different way. Neither singer was retained longer than the prize contract stated. 1 album and a tour with the band. both were cut emediatly following a short concert tour, the second didnt even last 6 months. It was all fluff and hype for the show and it never made a third season because the fans saw through it and stopped watching.

BTW, you never answered my questions. Do you work for SyFy or FaceOff or are you paid to be on the forums to cast a positive light on the show?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users