• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Mordak1979

Mordak1979

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

From the way events went in the episode, anyone else think that Nathan is the father of the Colorado Kid?

#2 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

They kissed a couple of times, but I don't think there was any indication they had time for anything more than that. I'd go so far as to say Nathan would not do that no matter how much he was attracted to her, since he would rather it be with Audrey.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#3 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

They kissed a couple of times, but I don't think there was any indication they had time for anything more than that. I'd go so far as to say Nathan would not do that no matter how much he was attracted to her, since he would rather it be with Audrey.

He would rather be with Audrey. Sarah was Audrey enough for him though, I'd say. Pretty sure he hit that.

I'm in agreement with Mordak. Nathan is totally CK's father.

#4 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

He would rather be with Audrey. Sarah was Audrey enough for him though, I'd say. Pretty sure he hit that.

I'm in agreement with Mordak. Nathan is totally CK's father.

There is no way unless he went back in time again. I just don't see it.

Syfy member since April 1999

#5 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

There is no way unless he went back in time again. I just don't see it.

Why not? Nathan theoretically did the horizontal tango with Sarah in 1955. Once is enough. When was the Colorado Kid born?

#6 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I just watched the episode again and while I will concede the possibility, there was very little time for them to have had sex. It had to have been on the beach, but all of the events were happening on the same day. Sarah arrived with Mosley, she met Nathan at the hospital, they were on the beach kissing, then the next time we saw Nathan he was untying Duke after Roy left to kill Sarah, and she was already back at the hospital in her uniform. Are you implying they had sex in broad daylight on the beach, or did they go somewhere else? If so, where? If not then, when?

Posted Image

#7 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I just watched the episode again and while I will concede the possibility, there was very little time for them to have had sex. It had to have been on the beach, but all of the events were happening on the same day. Sarah arrived with Mosley, she met Nathan at the hospital, they were on the beach kissing, then the next time we saw Nathan he was untying Duke after Roy left to kill Sarah, and she was already back at the hospital in her uniform. Are you implying they had sex in broad daylight on the beach, or did they go somewhere else? If so, where? If not then, when?

The tightness of the timeline was my issue as well. I could be wrong though, but I doubt they'll go that route, at least not based on this episode.

#8 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sex on the beach. What's hard to believe? There was no one else there.

#9 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Nathan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to be that spontaneous.

Posted Image

#10 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Sarah guilted him into it. He was going to be a gentleman and run off, but she basically said "Woe is me! Why don't any of the guys I meet want to have wild, spontaneous sex with me when I proposition them that same day?"

#11 Jowest

Jowest

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Nathan absolutely IS the Colorado Kid's father!!! I'm really liking this year's episodes. Great job to the writers.
Jo Ann

#12 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Sarah guilted him into it. He was going to be a gentleman and run off, but she basically said "Woe is me! Why don't any of the guys I meet want to have wild, spontaneous sex with me when I proposition them that same day?"

Wow, you got a lot out of that scene, didn't you? LOL. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

#13 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

The only thing that might support that theory is the look on Nathan's face when Audrey told him about Sarah being the mother of TCK.

Otherwise, there isn't any other indication in the episode that points to it, and that type of behavior on the part of Nathan is totally out of character. How long did it take him to even tell Audrey that he could feel her touch? Over a year working together and he never made a move on her, what makes you think he would have sex with Sarah so quickly? Duke maybe, and probably every straight male fan of the show, but Nathan? Nope, just don't see it.

Seems to me it is a misdirection that the writers want us to fall for, but it will turn out to be someone else.

Posted Image

#14 RexOne

RexOne

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

The Colorado Kid was born in August of 1956, 12 months after Nathan kisses Sarah on the beach. Unless Nathan goes back in time again, he is not the father.

#15 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for that info. If they actually revealed TCK's birthday I had forgotten about it.

Posted Image

#16 SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

We have to remember this was the 1950s. No one had sex before marriage back then... Posted Image

#17 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

We have to remember this was the 1950s. No one had sex before marriage back then... Posted Image

So you're saying Sarah gets married 3 months after the events of the episode, then?

Anyways, rats. There goes that theory then. Then again, Sarah/Lucy/Audrey is a Barn Person or whatever, and who knows how long their pregnancies last? : P

#18 elxverde

elxverde

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I wonder:

Spoiler

If so, the questions become: who are his descendants in now-Haven; and what are their troubles?

#19 Lily77

Lily77

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Nathan is the Colorado Kid's father. Duke's remark about how everything happened as it was fated to do so confirmed it for me. It just makes sense. Sarah is another version of Audrey, but instead of pushing Nathan away like Audrey did, she wanted him, and made it so obvious even he couldn't miss it. The way he feels about Audrey, there was no way he was walking away from that.

The difference between the birthdate and conception date is probably due to the fact that he was smuggled out of Haven to his adoptive parents in secret - they registered his birthdate as the day they got him.

This episode makes Audrey's rather pathetic excuse for pushing Nathan away (as if he'd ever stop trying to help her even if she did a lot worse than she did trying to dissuade him) seem even more of a sad device of the writers to keep them apart.

I am liking Duke more and more this season (though not as a romantic interest for Audrey). Thought he was completely irrelevant first season but they are gradually giving him more and more to do and more depth. I thought I was coming around to him as a match for Audrey, with Nathan acting so annoying, until Audrey and Duke kissed and my reaction was just 'ugh', so wrong. Nathan has been getting more back to normal the last few episodes thank goodness, even though I love the show I was considering tuning out before they ruined it for me completely, but I'm not so worried now.

#20 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

The difference between the birthdate and conception date is probably due to the fact that he was smuggled out of Haven to his adoptive parents in secret - they registered his birthdate as the day they got him.

Aha! Good thinking Lily! It's back on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users