HAVEN season 4 General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#1 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

This thread is dedicated to discussion of the fourth season of Haven, due to return on Friday, September 13.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing sensitive plot points or posting revealing images.

Here is the season 4 press release:

Syfy’s hit series Haven, the #1 cable program among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 in its Friday 10-11PM (ET/PT) time period (based on Live +7 data), will return for a fourth season of 13 new episodes in 2013, it was announced today [November 9, 2012] by Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions.

The current third season is Haven’s best ever in Adults 25-54, averaging 1.2 million viewers, jumping five percent from season two (Live +7 data). Overall, season three of Haven is averaging 2.4 million total viewers and 942,000 Adults18-49. The September 21 season premiere attracted 2.8 million total viewers, a series record and up ten percent from the season two premiere.

Said Stern, “We couldn’t be happier to see the story of Audrey Parker and the creepy, quirky town of Haven continue next year. Season three has hit a creative and critical high and we’re very excited to see where the talented production team takes our colorful cast of characters led by the perfect trifecta of Emily Rose, Eric Balfour and Lucas Bryant in season four.”

#2 Oddbe5

Oddbe5

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I pray the Jane Austen suffer to be happy in love sap doesn't get story time in season 4 with a struggle between Nathan and Duke winning Audrey. Its all ready boring when she was kidnapped the night she and Nathan were planning a get together.
I'd rather see solid science fiction story instead of relationship nonsense.
Sy Fy member since 29 Sept 2009 with over 130 posts
Old name Oddtym

#3 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I think the love story/love triangle is an integral part of the show and has alot to do with the origin of the troubles - we will just have to wait and see

#4 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I find it funny when I see people worried that there will be a contest between Nathan and Duke. Guys, Nathan already has Audrey.

#5 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I find it funny when I see people worried that there will be a contest between Nathan and Duke. Guys, Nathan already has Audrey.

for now ...mwahahahahaha

#6 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Uh actually for several decades that I'm pretty sure won't break pattern.

#7 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yes, they have been together twice that we know of - in '55 and 2010. That doesn't mean that Nathan or another Wornous/Hansen has been with prior incarnations to what we now know or that they were together at the origin of the troubles. I do know that Lucy and the Chief (older Wornous) were close in '83.

And during those periods aside from the current time, A's incarnations have killed Crocker men. There has to be a reason for this aside from the fact that the C's want to kill A to end the troubles. I think the love triangle between the 3 main characters is integral to the show and that it goes back to the origin of the troubles.

I also think that the Teagues brothers have been around from the beginning as well.

#8 elxverde

elxverde

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

"You two can't be in love -- she's just too important." My guess is that the '83 triangle was James and the Chief. James knew the secret, Lucy knew the secret, so the Chief probably knew, too. Assuming Haven is leveled by the meteors and rebuilds itself again, maybe the Chief will finally use an opportunity to explain it.

#9 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well people were pretty sure Sarah had had an affair with one (if not both) of the Teagues brothers and look how wrong they were ;) I'm betting on the fact that the only person Audrey trully falls in love with is Nathan (reinforced by the "27 years Nathan and we'll get to do it all over again"- which IMO is another proof nathan's always the one). There's no way there was a triangle between Lucy, James and Garland because Lucy knew James was her son and I'm pretty sure Garland knew as well. Sames goes for the Teagues and Sarah. No love triangle because while they both may have been in love with her, she obviously wasn't in love with either.

The point is not a LOVE triangle, that's not what runs the show (it's not even a love triangle right now, because it'd require Audrey to be in love with both Nathan and Duke, which she isn't, so no love triangle) but a triangle within the main 3 characters at any given time. It has always been Audrey + 2 "helpers" and what we have seen from the 3 incarnations so far, the only person she's been in love with is Nathan (and every guy seems to be in love with her??? lol **** gurl).

I'm thinking that the original Audrey + 2 helpers were a Crocker and a Wuornosand something bad happened between them all? In any case, Audrey hasn't always been killing the Crockers, seemed like Roy was the first one because he had never heard of her and he didn't even know about the legacy (as in, his fate was to either kill her or be killed by her and I'm pretty sure this is something important enough Roy's father would have passed on). Sarah killing Roy was Duke's fault, and something she was forced to do or else he'd kill her. Self defense. Simon, in turn, seemed to want to kill Lucy for revenge (and he probably found something out like Lucy seems to have found, which would lead him to believe that killing Lucy would be the only way to end the troubles), and Lucy in turn had to kill Simon in self defense (though this is still shady to me since the dates are all wrong - Simon was already dead when she found the real Lucy, but the real Lucy told Audrey Simon came for her - makes no sense). And this time the cycle started being broken because Audrey and Duke got to be friends (I'm thinking this is something Lucy planned, what with giving him the locket and all).

Lots of speculations of course.

#10 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm thinking that the original Audrey + 2 helpers were a Crocker and a Wuornosand something bad happened between them all?
Lots of speculations of course.

On this we agree it has to go back to their ancestors

#11 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well people were pretty sure Sarah had had an affair with one (if not both) of the Teagues brothers and look how wrong they were

Actually, I don't think they were wrong. Did you follow the Twitter exchanges between the Teagues and "Cold in Haven"?

ColdInHaven (5:36 pm):

@DaveHaven @VinceHaven #HavenNews I shouldn't have mentioned Sarah. Dave was always so touchy about her.

VinceHaven (5:37 pm):

@DaveHaven @ColdInHaven #HavenNews Dave got over him and Sarah long ago, Stephanie.

ColdInHaven (5:38 pm):

'@VinceHaven: @DaveHaven #HavenNews Dave got over him and Sarah long ago, Stephanie.' Maybe. But did he ever get over you and Sarah?

VinceHaven (5:40 pm):

@ColdInHaven @DaveHaven: #HavenNews 'But did he ever get over you and Sarah?' Water under the bridge, now. Forget about it.

#12 TheEleventhDoctor

TheEleventhDoctor

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm betting it does go way back with Audrey and The Crockers. Remember that Lucy and Duke were close. Lucy even gave Duke that locket. Seems odd for her to do that given that his dad was a bad guy.

LOVE is the key to everything. Even WAY back in the Pilot -- the first song we hear (and the song we keep hearing throughout the episode) is "Love with keep us together" by Captain & Tennille.

And of course the box with "Love Will Conquer All" on it that had the Crocker name on it (which leads me to believe the Crocker's really have to be connected to it all).

It's a theme that's popped up a few times.
Trust me, I'm The Doctor.

#13 zoelove

zoelove

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Not sure where to bring this up, but I figure here's as good a place as any.
Over the past few days, I've been re-watching the first couple seasons (it just felt wrong not to be watching Haven now that they're on hiatus) and I noticed the thing with the ring that Nathan finds on the chief when he buries him. Now, this may be a stupid topic to bring up and it may be totally old by now, but I just now connected that that is the same ring that Vince and Dave give to Audrey that they say belonged to Sarah. I also noticed that after the episode "Sarah", we don't really see Nathan wearing the ring around his neck anymore. I am thinking that maybe this has to do with the whole her always loving a Wuornos thing. Idk, any thoughts?

#14 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Not sure where to bring this up, but I figure here's as good a place as any.
Over the past few days, I've been re-watching the first couple seasons (it just felt wrong not to be watching Haven now that they're on hiatus) and I noticed the thing with the ring that Nathan finds on the chief when he buries him. Now, this may be a stupid topic to bring up and it may be totally old by now, but I just now connected that that is the same ring that Vince and Dave give to Audrey that they say belonged to Sarah. I also noticed that after the episode "Sarah", we don't really see Nathan wearing the ring around his neck anymore. I am thinking that maybe this has to do with the whole her always loving a Wuornos thing. Idk, any thoughts?

So, Garland Wuornos wore the ring on a necklace, not on his finger, which suggested to me at the time that it was a woman's ring. My thought with Nathan taking it off and wearing it was that it was his mother's? But maybe he just took it for sentimental reasons because Garland always wore it, even if he didn't know why. Maybe Garland didn't wear it on a finger because he didn't consider himself married anymore, but held onto it for sentimental reasons of his own?

There's kind of a time loop question with whether Nathan wore it back into the past in Sarah and she kept the ring? But then how would there be a separate ring that Vince and Dave gave Audrey? There must be two rings, right?

I guess from screen caps I've seen, the Garland ring looks bigger, like it could be a man's ring, and the Vince/Dave ring looks more delicate, like it was a woman's. So there appear to be two different rings, but they appear to be "matching." http://havenpublicli.../page/The Rings

If the implication is that Garland was Lucy's husband, that makes me squirm. He isn't biologically related to Nathan, but if there was a sexual relationship ... ? Also, wasn't there a Haven Twitter exchange where it was implied that Dave had loved Sarah and Vince had actually been involved with Sarah (something like "Dave got over Sarah a long time ago," "yes, but did he get over you [Vince] and Sarah?"). My thought was that Vince and Dave had a ring from when someone had married Sarah (Vince?). Garland has a separate ring from when he married Lucy? And they are basically the same style? (Gold band with 3-4 diamonds inset in them).

Or did Garland get his ring from Sarah when he was a kid? Like how Lucy left a locket for Duke? A clue for a child who would be young enough in 27 years to maybe remember her?

There's definitely something weird about the rings, but we have so little information it's hard to speculate.

Also, with respect to Nathan, keep in mind that he's not biologically a Wuornos. The Troubles seem to be passed in families. If the mythology is related to these families, does it count if Nathan isn't biologically descended from Wuornoses? There's a Crocker line, but Nathan is really from the Hansen line.

#15 lmshaugs

lmshaugs

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi fellow Haven fans!

I'm not currently active on any other social networks (taking a much needed breather after social media burnout), but I wanted to post a note of congrats to everyone at Syfy who has been working to make Haven one of the most imaginative and emotional shows on TV. I thought maybe this forum would be the best place to show support. Most shows lose me after a season or two; Haven seems to be getting better and better. Looking forward to what the writers cook up for the fall. Love Syfy and hope to stop back to visit this forum again!

#16 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Welcome Imshaugs. I love Haven too - the plot just seems to be getting better/stronger. This is the only show I'm on the forums for - have a FB and a twitter but twitter is all Haven - FB is for a game/app i play on there and to keep connected with old friends i've met around the net in the past decade or so.

#17 Peridot81

Peridot81

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

With regards to the rings, I think Vince was in love with Sarah and proposed to Sarah and gave her the ring. Similarly, Garland was in love with Lucy and also proposed to her and gave her the ring Nathan found. They both (Sarah and Lucy) refused the proposals and returned the rings because of the limited time or because of the Nathan/Colorado Kid thing. In the pilot there is a scene where Garland is looking at Audrey from a distance whilst she was holding the flowers we later learn Lucy also liked. Knowing what we know now it is quite a telling scene because the Chief was always so stoic and closed off emotionally but perhaps he was different with Lucy.
In terms of season 4, I think we will finally learn more about Nathan (hopefully) his childhood, his greatest fear, where the hell he lives etc and he will be dealing with the consequences of the events of the final. I think we may also find out more about the Lucy-Duke connection or Crocker Aud/Sar/Luc thing because I do think they have a history, that dates back to the origin of the Troubles. The Teagues too and you would assume the Hansens/Wuornoses and Carrs, Glendowers etc.

#18 Crescent

Crescent

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

this is what i would l like to see in season 4

besides investigating police inicidents

1. explore the nathan character: nature vs. nurture and its effect on his development. ie. the selfish love ( sleep with someone who looks and acts like the audrey parker he loves, would rather see the town and its people die in order to have her. the nature: wornous is stoic, strong, greater good

2. explore the family origins that possibly founded the town wournous, crocker, teagues, hanson

3. return audrey's character the self assured one, wanting to know who she is ( in the beginning of season 3, not just identify herself as past lives (cause seriously, how many does she have)
and yet does know that she is upset that nathan would sleep with someone else.

4. exlore howard and barn is it a trouble, an experiment, part of the original founding familys

i would like there to be no triangle or its duke and audrey :)

#19 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

There's no triangle because Audrey is not in love with Duke, I can't stress this enough. BUT I'd love it if they focused less on Duke's in love with Audrey (because we know it's not going anywhere and it's stupid to have him as a thid wheel. He doesn't deserve to keep pining for a girl he's never going to have).

#20 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,061 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

There's no triangle because Audrey is not in love with Duke, I can't stress this enough. BUT I'd love it if they focused less on Duke's in love with Audrey (because we know it's not going anywhere and it's stupid to have him as a thid wheel. He doesn't deserve to keep pining for a girl he's never going to have).

In my opinion, Audrey does love Duke. How much is debatable, but she clearly has feelings for him. There have been too many instances where she acted toward him much more than a friend.

Syfy member since April 1999

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users