63 replies to this topic

#1 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Ok, so Audrey is gone. Duke is with her. The barn is damaged.

Nathan was left behind. Do you think the next season will be set 27 years from now? How will this play out with Audrey not aging but Nathan being in "real time" will?

I have two theories

1.. The barn will come back sooner because of the damages to it.

2. (the more interesting) Nathan will ask "Bobby" from Reunion to make him a teenager again so that he is approx the same age he is now when the barn comes back.

#2 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

I don't think they would jump ahead 27 years because of the technical expense of creating a show set in the future. I'm sure the barn comes back fairly soon.

Syfy member since April 1999

#3 mcdules

mcdules

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

barn damaged? how? thought it could not be... great second point.
Angus

#4 AuntCNH

AuntCNH

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I beleve the barn well come back sooner reather then later because Nathan shot Howard and somthing tells me the way it disapered was NOT right.

Also I thought "Bobby" died. I thought that was way Duke changed back from teenage Duke to good ol' Duke that we all know and love? Am I wrong?

#5 Stragos

Stragos

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Also I thought "Bobby" died. I thought that was way Duke changed back from teenage Duke to good ol' Duke that we all know and love? Am I wrong?

Robbie? He's still alive. Arla only shot him in the shoulder.

#6 AuntCNH

AuntCNH

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Robbie? He's still alive. Arla only shot him in the shoulder.

Then how did Duke change back? Kind of confused on that.

#7 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Then how did Duke change back? Kind of confused on that.

Robbie found someone who loved and accepted him, who eased the lingering "loser" anxiety that caused him to be troubled. It's like the weather chick from the pilot, who needed someone to keep her calm. Robbie needed someone to like him, and when the heavy-set lady did, it was pretty much instantaneous that his trouble stopped.

#8 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Pretty sure the season 4 premiere will start where the season 3 finale left off and not much time will have passed.

#9 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

barn damaged? how? thought it could not be... great second point.

The barn was not directly damaged. The barnkeeper (operator/pilot?) was shot several times and they are apparently linked together.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#10 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

As far as I understand the premise, when Emily Rose's character decides to go into and leave with the barn, the meteor shower stops pounding on the town. Since it was still hitting the town at the time of credit roll, I'm guessing the barn didn't really leave yet.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#11 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I posted this in another thread, so sorry for any duplication. The "meteor shower" is obviously not a natural event (it's described as such in a prior issue of the Haven Herald, which papers over other manifestations of Troubles as more benign events, like gas leaks). Because it's too bizarre that a natural meteor shower would drop dozens of meteors on Haven, and because it's supposed to stop when the Barn disappears, it's obviously a Trouble. It doesn't stop when Audrey and the Barn disappear this time.

So, IMO, none of the other Troubles went away, either. The Barn did not work this time. I would guess that is because Audrey needs Agent Howard to explain to her how to use the Barn to suppress Troubles, or take her to the place where she gets hooked into the machine or whatever happens to make it work. If he's dead, she probably doesn't know how to use the Barn, which would make it useless against the Troubles.

Next season, I think we'll see that the Barn returns moments after it leaves, and they have to figure out another solution to end the Troubles. "This time, she's different." This time, it's all different. She ends the cycle of the Barn, and they figure out the real cause and solution to the Troubles.

#12 Oddbe5

Oddbe5

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Maybe the meteor shower hasn't ended yet because Duke isn't suppose to be in the barn because its not part of his *legacy.*
Maybe the barn likes Duke, and is ticked because he loves Audrey.Maybe.
Sy Fy member since 29 Sept 2009 with over 130 posts
Old name Oddtym

#13 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I posted this in another thread, so sorry for any duplication. The "meteor shower" is obviously not a natural event (it's described as such in a prior issue of the Haven Herald, which papers over other manifestations of Troubles as more benign events, like gas leaks). Because it's too bizarre that a natural meteor shower would drop dozens of meteors on Haven, and because it's supposed to stop when the Barn disappears, it's obviously a Trouble. It doesn't stop when Audrey and the Barn disappear this time.

So, IMO, none of the other Troubles went away, either. The Barn did not work this time. I would guess that is because Audrey needs Agent Howard to explain to her how to use the Barn to suppress Troubles, or take her to the place where she gets hooked into the machine or whatever happens to make it work. If he's dead, she probably doesn't know how to use the Barn, which would make it useless against the Troubles.

Next season, I think we'll see that the Barn returns moments after it leaves, and they have to figure out another solution to end the Troubles. "This time, she's different." This time, it's all different. She ends the cycle of the Barn, and they figure out the real cause and solution to the Troubles.

But how would you account for Duke being able to research the exact date of the Shower? A trouble occurring once every 27 years on a specific date is a bit weird when most troubles have to be triggered by some sort of emotional trauma

#14 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

But how would you account for Duke being able to research the exact date of the Shower? A trouble occurring once every 27 years on a specific date is a bit weird when most troubles have to be triggered by some sort of emotional trauma

But I think that could be the point, it is an anniversary of some kind for the troubled person who is causing it. (UFO guy's trouble manifested more benignly before he almost took out the town, maybe this troubled person just moved some rocks before it got really serious). By the "end" of the cycle, seems like every troubled person has been triggered - cake lady was just jealousy and disappointment, so the threshold isn't necessarily that high anymore.

In fact, it could be the anniversary of Sarah's disappearance. I didn't see indications that this meteor shower goes back hundreds of years, Duke found mention of a recurring meteor shower in a single edition of the Haven Herald, aka the cover-up rag for Haven. Also there aren't hundreds of meteor craters in Haven. we're meant to believe the troubles have been going on 100+ years, there'd be lots of scars from prior meteors. 27 years is not long enough for the locals to forget a devastating disaster like that occurring several times in the course of their lives and there would still be visible damage from a town getting hammer with dozens of meteors 2-3 times in every person's lifetime.

Maybe whomever triggers the meteors knows it's the anniversary of the original destruction of the town or something. Maybe it's planted in the Herald to make Audrey believe there's an end date to her time in Haven (putting the whole town in an almost deadly coma wasn't quite enough to make her call for the barn, for example - maybe Vince wanted her to believe there was an externally-imposed end date, if she's the only one who can call the barn). Maybe it's designed to make the troubled person bring meteors on a specific day.

Just the way it occurs and is stopped by the barn's disappearance with Audrey, it has to be a trouble and not a natural phenomenon.

#15 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Or, maybe the meteor shower is natural and the trouble pulls the meteors to the town? Once Aud/Lu/Sar goes, the meteors continue, but no longer hit the town?

#16 Lily77

Lily77

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have a fear that whatever happens, they will use it to keep Audrey and Nathan apart yet hovering around each other for yet another season. I suspect that the 'you must kill someone you love' thing, true or not, will be used to justify more estrangement. As much as I like dramatic tension and so forth, there comes a point where dragging these things out becomes completely unrealistic and just plain frustrating to the viewers as the reasons for keeping characters apart become less and less plausible. Anyway, that's my worry - Haven is one of my favourite shows, but I nearly switched off with the whole totally lame 'I must push you away to keep you safe, even though it will have no effect on your behaviour and actions except to make you more determined to expose yourself to danger' rubbish, and the (eww) Jordan subplot.

#17 milton333

milton333

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I will say that I'm not really a "shipper," and though Lucas Bryant is far more to my taste than Eric Balfour, I want there to be a plot-driven basis for the romantic drama bit. "Reunion" totally lost me at the completely unbelievable behavior of two people in love who know they are confronting imminent separation. No way you would not spend the night together. And surely at that point it's obvious that Nathan is going to be in pain whether they spend the night together or not, right, so for crying out loud, act like believable people act. These are people in their 30s, there's really no need for all the Twilight-esque chastity and yearning.

#18 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thats the norm nowadays. More relationship dramas and shipper wars and I guess the the higher-ups feel it creates more ratings. It appears even Sy-Fy has somewhat joined that scenerio. Here's hoping that season four entails more sci-fi and much less in relationship dramas. Inasmuch as I truly enjoy the chemistry between Nathan and Audrey, I want more answers as to why Haven is troubled and what connection Audrey has. Maybe Nathan is part of the solution, I dunno, sounds ok to me but how? If in fact that James is Nathan's son what impact that that have on Haven and why doesn't James have Nathan's trouble and why can't James be outside of the barn for any length of time without getting very ill. We already know the Arla lied to him about Lucy. Maybe Dave was the one who killed James, but why? Agent Howard said that Audrey had to personally kill the one she loves. Who would that be, James or Nathan or both. I think Agent Howard was not telling Audrey the complete truth.

But at this point in time it seems like all five - Audrey, Nathan, Duke, Dave & Vince hold the keyes, and maybe James as well.

#19 AuntCNH

AuntCNH

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think that Nathan, Audrey and Duke are the core three, whatever is happening and whatever needs to happen to stop the troubles revolves around them.

I also think Vince and Dave are like the watchers of Highlander; they have the answers/knowlege to help but are not supposed tp interfer/ get involved, just watch and record.

As far as James, I think he wasn't supposed to happen but because he did Audery stared looking for answers when she was Lucy. She is more willing to fight to stay out reather then just say "okay my times up, bye bye, I must go into the barn now", she's more " I don't want to go in, I want to have life, I DO have a life. How can I stop this WITHOUT going into the barn?". I don't think she'd be that way if it wasn't for James and Nathan. In otherwords James was the catapult to wanting answers, reather then just exspting her fate.

#20 aredburn

aredburn

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

NGL, what ****** me off the most this season is the way Nathan and Audrey were behaving like inexperienced teenagers in love for the first time, not like 30 yo adults.

I don't think she'd be that way if it wasn't for James and Nathan. In otherwords James was the catapult to wanting answers, reather then just exspting her fate.

I completely agree with this, which leads back to the main theme of the show, it's love that will change things, be it friendly love, romantic love, motherly. Love IS the answer (and probably was the start of everything).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users