8 replies to this topic

#1 Mandizzle

Mandizzle

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hi guys. The show is on hold AKA on hiatus. This means while not canceled, there have not been any other episodes shot or planned. Be sure to send POSITIVE feedback to Syfy in any way possible on what you love about "DT", not just complaining about why the show isn't back yet or comparing "DT" to other shows stating it's "better" than other things on Syfy right now. While we are customers of the channel, Syfy owes us nothing, so being NICE is helpful. If you really want to help, go vote for Josh Gates to win the Travel award on the Shorty Awards (use his Twitter handle @JoshuaGates when you vote, not JoshGates), as that will show there is still a fan community out there for the show. The numbers from the first part of Season Five were good, but now it's up to us to show we still exist! :)

#2 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi guys. The show is on hold AKA on hiatus. This means while not canceled, there have not been any other episodes shot or planned. Be sure to send POSITIVE feedback to Syfy in any way possible on what you love about "DT", not just complaining about why the show isn't back yet or comparing "DT" to other shows stating it's "better" than other things on Syfy right now. While we are customers of the channel, Syfy owes us nothing, so being NICE is helpful. If you really want to help, go vote for Josh Gates to win the Travel award on the Shorty Awards (use his Twitter handle @JoshuaGates when you vote, not JoshGates), as that will show there is still a fan community out there for the show. The numbers from the first part of Season Five were good, but now it's up to us to show we still exist! :)

Keep up the good work!

#3 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Josh has a new show, no new episode filmed or no plans on filing anything.
The only reason it's not technocally cancelled is because Syfy did not issue a PR.
Same thing happened with GHI and we all kniw it has been cancelled.

So my point is that DT is done.

#4 CylonProspector

CylonProspector

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

The eps I saw were fun, but I can see where a show like this can end up with a huge overhead with all the travel. I would say the only thing that would hinder any future episodes would be skiffy. Might be time for DT to shop for a network that isn't made of stupid!

#5 Lonewolf1675

Lonewolf1675

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I hope that Destination Truth returns soon. In all honesty, it is one of two shows that I regularly tune in for on the network, the other being Fact Or Fake. If Syfy feels the need to cancel a show, anything with Ghost Hunters in the title is long overdue to be cancelled in my honest opinion..frauds and I can tell people which episodes to watch to see how they faked evidence..

#6 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Frauds? I have never heard such a thing. Which episodes?

#7 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Should we go into the Destination Diner fiasco? Is this on "hiatus" as well?

#8 monazap

monazap

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Destination Truth turned gradually into a ghost show as they ran out of cyptids to stalk.
And frankly 'I am up to my ears in ghost shows', sick to death of them and want to haunt the producers myself.
Sentences as 'you got to be kidding me, what the bleep was that, Dude ! The redunancy is rampent and non stop for an agonizing 45 minutes.
DT was entertaining the first couple years but not realistic . Do you honestly think you can locate any kind of animal within a night, let alone a week? Ask a deer hunter.
Their are cryptozoologists out there who spend years looking and not trying to make a buck showing one night stands. In this regard DT does a great injustice to them, integrity wise.
Notice the majority of DT is filmed in the dark? Just to create the boogeyman effect.

#9 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Destination Truth turned gradually into a ghost show as they ran out of cyptids to stalk.
And frankly 'I am up to my ears in ghost shows', sick to death of them and want to haunt the producers myself.
Sentences as 'you got to be kidding me, what the bleep was that, Dude ! The redunancy is rampent and non stop for an agonizing 45 minutes.
DT was entertaining the first couple years but not realistic . Do you honestly think you can locate any kind of animal within a night, let alone a week? Ask a deer hunter.
Their are cryptozoologists out there who spend years looking and not trying to make a buck showing one night stands. In this regard DT does a great injustice to them, integrity wise.
Notice the majority of DT is filmed in the dark? Just to create the boogeyman effect.

they didn't run out of cryptids/monsters.

Not even close to scratching the surface. They piggy backed on the ghost hunting shows being popular and oversaturared what should have been a monster show/teachning about other cultures, and turned it into another Ghost hunting show.

Ghosts are like the Goombas of the monster world, fricken everywhere and not really interesting.

and yes they should spend more than one night in a location; I have said time and time again also all these years that they need to take a tracker and animal expert with them on these trips.

I can cite the worst example of a hunt was going after the African "succubus" like creature. They were looking in the wrong place. If you were to think of it as an aerial predator (and follow the myths about it coming from the mountains), you'd realize they were searching in a potential feeding ground not the nesting ground.

Given all the light and noise they were making no predator would bother with them; predators want the most gain for the least effort, so yeah a solitary figure alone in the dark in some ruins would be swooped up, not ten people with spotlights all talking. Its not a horror movie where the monster must kill someone every two minutes.

when looking for hawks for example you check the nesting sites, not the valleys where they might swoop down if they spot a rabbit. So they were miles away from where they should be. If the monster was out it would have done a fly over, saw all the commotion like one might see in a city, and fly on to another part of its territory going completly unnoticed by anyone far below on the ground.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users