• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasHWinAZ

ThomasHWinAZ

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Okay, last night I'm watching Ghost Hunters, as they investigate the home of Nathan Hale, and one of them puts on Nathan Hale's jacket, claiming that it's "150 years old", from the late 1800s!???!

Nathan Hale was a Revolutionary War hero, and he died in the late 1700's.

I would expect the Ghost Hunters, who arguably deal with the past on a regular basis, to be somewhat better historians than that. That was a MASSIVE gaffe in my opinion.

#2 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I suppose I shall be the one to point out the Underground Railroad fiasco.

They really should add a history consultant to the team.
Eagle, you should apply. (where ever you are)

native2.gif

#3 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

This time, I recall, it was the goofy KJ who hurled the gaffe... I was hardly paying attention and said "what?... This should have been caught by the part-timers in editing...

Its almost as bad as the local tv commercial here that had George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Ben Franklin promoting a sale for Presidents Day... hey, Franklin was never a president... knuckleheads...

#4 Roricus

Roricus

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I was actually going to post about this very subject if i hadn't seen anyone mention it. However, my big problem was not so much the historical inaccuracy but the fact that someone would treat a historic relic so carelessly. Who knows if the jacket had real historical value or not -- I thought I heard that a lot of the items in the house were either Nathan Hale's or members of his family so I assumed the jacket was real -- but to have two investigators treat items the way they did was beyond belief.
"Reality Is Just a Crutch For People Who Can't Handle Science Fiction"

#5 fldino

fldino

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yep. I was hollering from my couch for them to put it down and leave it alone. I also wondered why something like that, which could have been so fragile as to tear easily, was left out.

Then they don't tell about the loud bang they heard. Selective reveals now? If a refrigerator or A/C made that loud a bang when it turned on you'd think the people of the house would know it.

I like the show better overall this year but the debunks are still more outrageous than the claims.

#6 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

I can almost assure you they would not allow them to wear Hale's authentic jacket. That was obviously hoaxed as well as "Uh...ever since I pud dis jacket on I'm like not feelin' right or sumptin." How low is this show going to sink..if it does have another season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users