• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hello to all the New Members, Im Lillyjay,your moderator for Destination Truth Forum.. please have fun, Play nice, and enjoy the Best Forum on the Internet...Tell us about your selves.
and your paranormal or strange experiences, I know I'm as upset as you are waiting for a new Season to Begin, just have to wait I guess..,and enjoy the older shows when they show them..... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#2 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

uh...do you have information we don't?

because last I heard the show was cancelled.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#3 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks, I guess I'm going to have to get a hold of Administration and find out,, no one has told me any thing ,,Posted Image

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Posted Image

#4 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

No one wants to say the word cancelled officially but even Josh hinted that it was over with DT.

With that being said, the fact that Stranded is a total flop rating wise might be the best thing that has ever happened for DT.
There's no way SYFY will renew Stranded but they will most likely want to keep Josh around.

The question is, will Josh wants to stick around? I personally don't think he's a good fit here. As Moe said in another thread, which I agree as well, I'd rather see him on Discovery, NatGeo or even Travel Channel.

#5 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I bet he goes to Ghost Hunters.. My Thought anyway.....Got my Arse chewed on FB for saying it was cancelled.. I guess the Mods are the last to know!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'

'STRANDED'

Posted Image

#6 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hardcore fans have a tendency turn a blind eye in this kinda situation.
I got the same treatment from Amanda who runs the DT fanclub thingy.

If they are waiting for SYFY to come out and make an official announcement, they're gonna be waiting for a long time.

I don't think Josh would join GH. I'm not sure why he's hanging to the paranormal aspect of his career when he's clearly more into traveling and stuff.

#7 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yeah ,Amanda, I mentioned it would be nice if Josh would have said something to his fans if the show was cancelled, And used All Caps. She is like stop Yelling! not yelling I said ,just stating the TRUTH.. She came all unglued, I almost laughed and told her well ,your out of a Job Lady!
she had more to say, but After I told her I was a Moderator on The Syfy channel D.T. Forum. she didn't have any thing else to say ...Posted Image

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'

'STRANDED'

Posted Image

#8 fldino

fldino

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

JG was on Coast to Coast a week or so ago and him and Noory talked like the show was still going on. I would have thought that one way or the other, Josh or Noory would have said something. 3 hours, no clue either way.

Come on SYFY, tell us one way or the other. Respect your fans. And it sure is weird to have to talk/write about the show Stranded on other show's forums. Why isn't it here? I know this is a DT forum but it's related to Gates.

#9 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

I started the Stranded thread on the GH forum because it's more active than here.

#10 Gunckel

Gunckel

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

So, are we just assuming it's cancelled?

#11 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Pretty good assumption.

#12 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I bet he goes to Ghost Hunters.. My Thought anyway.....Got my Arse chewed on FB for saying it was cancelled.. I guess the Mods are the last to know!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well that isn't going to happen either cause it doesn't look like SyFy has ordered any more episodes so in other words Season 9 might be it for Ghost Hunters.. at least to hear people talk and even Britt saying it would be "several" months down time and he was looking for other projects to do in the mean time.

#13 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

For what its worth, welcome to the DT forums Time Lord. We havnt needed a mod in quite some time because discussions (besides the common troll posts) are usually pretty civil. In recent months I tend to just drop in now and then to read a few threads and Im nearly always up for a good debate about evidence analysis but sadly we havnt had many lately because DT hasnt had much to talk about in a long time.

On the topic of new episodes for DT, I havnt heard anything about new episodes being ordered and I havnt heard anything about DT being canceled either. I hope it comes back one day but at this point Im not so sure it will. The last season was...not so great IMO and thats coming from someone that really does enjoy the show. If it does eventually come back I hope and pray that DT will get back to its past with a focus on detailed investigations and all the fun travel and cultural bits included. Many posters have put forth a great number of ideas to improve the shows investigation side and I think it would really help if they were at least read by the DT team but I dont think they stop by hardly ever.

#14 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

No one wants to say the word cancelled officially but even Josh hinted that it was over with DT.

With that being said, the fact that Stranded is a total flop rating wise might be the best thing that has ever happened for DT.
There's no way SYFY will renew Stranded but they will most likely want to keep Josh around.

The question is, will Josh wants to stick around? I personally don't think he's a good fit here. As Moe said in another thread, which I agree as well, I'd rather see him on Discovery, NatGeo or even Travel Channel.

I heard that there is a new show in development that has Josh on camera and not behind it.. it is called Graveyard Shift.. might be interesting.

#15 TooDarkPark

TooDarkPark

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Stranded was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I watched the first episode for free on iTunes and never bothered with the rest.

I had gotten excited when I heard about it but then when I saw Josh was nowhere to be found in it, it wasn't worth watching for people I'd never seen before.

#16 Oddbe5

Oddbe5

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

"Ghost Hunters International" would be fantastic with Josh Gates running the investigations.

Sy Fy member since 29 Sept 2009 with over 130 posts
Old name Oddtym

#17 ChrisK94

ChrisK94

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Money is money, and I get that.  I would really like to see more Destination Truth episodes.  I am enjoying the 2008 replays, but it sure would be sweet to seen new investigations.  A fellow teacher suggested investigations of folklore tales by national regional area, which would make the anchor the folk culture rather than a site or sighting.  I think that has potential, and there might even be grants in it for Common Core if the shows are kid proofed regarding language.  I know that might disappoint some viewers, but Common Core asks us to show videos for students to summarize and we really need some interesting content out here.

#18 marshal99

marshal99

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Do it within the states , plenty of cryptozoology/paranormal mysteries/hotspots in the US alone to investigate without going around half the world away to investigate. 

The Utah skinwalker range , the Superstition mountains in Arizona , the Bridgewater triangle , etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users