• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ForeverHaunted

ForeverHaunted

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was just wondering if someone can tell me how to get on the show , or who to contact about it? Thanks :)

#2 icuOklaCity

icuOklaCity

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

I was wondering this myself...........can't seem to locate anywhere telling who to contact or how to apply....

#3 OkayJ

OkayJ

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Do you have acting skills? If not, I wouldn't even bother.

#4 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

I doubt they are casting considering it might not be renewed for a second season.

#5 Jnxd1

Jnxd1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

I think they should audition those of us from the forums who are the biggest skeptics and whistle blowers of the show. Who better to try to get real evidence OR debunk the Hell out of a location? Personally, I think a few episodes of people debunking the s h it out of a place would be a better watch!

But do it more of an MTV True Life style. Take the production crews out of it, ditch the rigged locations, and just send people cameras, do all the paperwork and get ok's for a location near them and say "Oh, so you think it's all fake? Here, take a camera and have fun."
(granted MTV True Life was partially staged, seeing as once they got the footage they would send you the camera back and ask you to re-film certain things, read from a script they gave you for sound bites and to create 'drama' for the show)

That is of course if there is a Season 2. Which isn't looking promising if it keeps it's current formula, thank God.

#6 nova776989

nova776989

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Me, my gilfriend and her son would love to get on this show! I am a skeptic so I would like to go to tis place called Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum since its supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the USA. But any place will do if thats not possible. I can guarantee a great show especially since you havent had any gay people on the show yet...

#7 Jnxd1

Jnxd1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Personally I think they should stay away from places that are turned into haunted houses for Oct-Nov. Trans-Alleghany Lunatic Asylum being one of them. After all, look what they did to WV Penn...

S01E03
"OMG, is that a hand print in blood?"
Posted Image

No, that's a hand print in fake blood because WV Penn is used as a haunted house. Actor #1 even said he used to be a cop. Cause, yeah, that makes him credible instead of stupid and/or playing to the camera.

It just makes the location staged with things that make anything found 110% unreliable.

#8 Morticia83

Morticia83

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

That's what I want to know, I really want to be a part of the show, cause I'm vet sceptic of the "ghost" thing. My sisters and I have gone "ghost hunting" but came back empty handed so I really want to experience this for myself!! If anyone one knows how to apply please do let me know. Thanx!

#9 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I have never seen or heard any applications for any of these shows.

I have no idea how to apply to be on this show, or that Pitch Black or Black Out show *name not off the top of my head*,

back when I heard Stan lee' superheroes might make a second season I tried to find out how to apply, never found anything.

How did people get on the first seasons? like Alts? where was it posted? How can we believe they are getting a diverse section of the population when it feels like there was a chance these people all had to come from one location in Hollywood or where ever where auditions were being held.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#10 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

PS: you'd think they'd put something up on their site or on the forums or something like a big add saying (audition now for a new show coming next season).
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia

#11 OkayJ

OkayJ

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

I have never seen or heard any applications for any of these shows.

https://twitter.com/...902909722382336

#12 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

https://twitter.com/...902909722382336

uh huh,

got a more mainstream, people who arn't on twitter all the time link for auditions where a larger cross-section could see it?

I stopped using twitter some time back, I ultimatly found it pointless to leave such short messages, or to follow most others. Funny thing is I had followed Josh Gates, but his tweets were usually about what he was eating. and in the end the whole concept just didn't appeal to me to follow these brief messages like a stalker or leave breadcrumbs myself.

#13 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

uh huh,

got a more mainstream, people who arn't on twitter all the time link for auditions where a larger cross-section could see it?

I stopped using twitter some time back, I ultimatly found it pointless to leave such short messages, or to follow most others. Funny thing is I had followed Josh Gates, but his tweets were usually about what he was eating. and in the end the whole concept just didn't appeal to me to follow these brief messages like a stalker or leave breadcrumbs myself.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/itpq7d

Got what it takes to stay in a haunted house? Looking for real, dynamic people (18+) in groups of 3-4 for a new series. Ideal candidates are not a paranormal team or a in professional ghost hunting group, but are very passionate about the paranormal (one skeptic in the group is ok).

SEEKING GROUPS OF 3-4 PEOPLE. Group can consist of friends, family members and/or couples. (All groups must have 3-4 people, so if a couple is in the group, there must also be a friend and/or family member to make it a group of 3).

Ideal groups have at least one person who is a believer in the paranormal and one who is a skeptic. It is also preferred if someone in the group is legitimately afraid of the dark.

THIS IS A NATIONWIDE SEARCH. GROUPS MAY LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS CASTING.

In order to be considered, EMAIL US the following information ASAP:

Full Name of each person in your group (and specify the relationships between each person – for example, siblings, husband & wife, best friends, etc.)
City each person in your group lives in (it is highly preferred that all 3 people live in the same area)

Phone numbers and emails of each person in your group

OCCUPATIONS of each person in your group

Photo of AT LEAST ONE MEMBER OF YOUR GROUP (photo of each person preferred)

Tell us who, if anyone, in your group is a believer in the paranormal, a skeptic, and/or afraid of the dark

Tell us who, if anyone, in your group has ever appeared on any film/tv project (and list the name(s) of the project)

EMAIL TO: paranormalseriescasting@gmail.com

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#14 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

In other words, another Twitter.

So what about new shows? other shows?

So only people who twitter people who end up as part of the cast or produce these shows are informed of an upcoming show?

There should be alerts on the forum site, on SyFy's site, heck, commercials for auditions on the fricken channel. a brief commercial saying currently taking auditions for such and such show, go to this website to apply.

#15 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

The production company behind it no information whatsoever.

http://www.ppongprod...ions/shows.html

#16 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

its what bugs me I go to these forums, I watch the shows on tv and the internet, and the first time I hear about some new show that has contestents or supposedly ordinary people is when its about to air.

Its like they held casting auditions or only want people on members only boards (Ghost Hunters Academy), or select groups like would actually follow Josh Gates on twitter *do we even know if that's how these contestents heard about it?*

I still don't know how the people on Total Blackout are getting on the show.

the scary thing is, I actually know someone who got on a gameshow, and it was from an invitation in their mail that they answered. Basically random invites to be in the audience and then they interviewed each audience member briefly, and selected who would be called from the audience that way (Price is Right).

Its like Who Wants to be a Superhero. they said both seasons people sent in videos and went to some place to try out....I read Marvel comics, I had been watching sci-fi. I didn't hear about it until the first season was starting, or else I would have sent in a video.

What are these listed in local newspapers somewhere like job listings?

#17 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I saw the original casting on twitter. Actually, you can see one of my reply in the link posted by OkayJ.
Since I do not want to reveal my identity *cough* I'M BATMAN! *cough*, I will not point out which tweet is mine.

Unfortunately, the casting call was not opened to smart, good looking French Canadians.
Or Shannon would have finished the taping of the show with a different boyfriend! :lol:

#18 OkayJ

OkayJ

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Rhuen1, this is Syfy and Ding D0ng Productions we're talking about here. Don't expect too much.

#19 smitty25er

smitty25er

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Came to the forums specifically for information on this topic, i hope they get renewed for a 2nd season, I like the show, except the prison episode, where blood clearly wouldnt look like that after the prison was closed for 100 years, i was very annoyed at that part....

would def love to get a chance to be on, as Im very skeptic and my GF is a firm believer...would be alot of fun to test stuff out and see what we could find....maybe it will get picked up....

#20 Jnxd1

Jnxd1

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

You think you were annoyed with bloody hand print in the WV Penn, stick around and read some of the posts about the other locations and episodes.

Better yet, almost all of the locations are open during the Oct-Nov months as haunted houses. So yeah, that electric chair in Burn Brea, the hand print in WV Penn, props and left over junk. And the Three Valley Chateau? It has a "ghost town" built next to it for tourists.

So yeah, take it for what it is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users