16 replies to this topic

#1 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,658 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Via press release:

SYFY RENEWS ORIGINAL DRAMA BEING HUMAN FOR FOURTH SEASON 

New York, NY – April 10, 2013 – Syfy is ordering a fourth season (13 episodes) of its hit drama series Being Human, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President of Original Content, Syfy and Co-Head of Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. The announcement comes on the heels of the Season 3 finale which aired Monday, April 8 and in time for Syfy’s Upfront presentation this evening in New York City.

Being Human stars Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, Sam Huntington and Kristen Hager as vampire Aidan, ghost Sally and werewolves Josh and Nora. Together they struggle to suppress their supernatural secrets and temptations and live their lives as close to normal as possible.

Being Human really hit its stride creatively this year,” said Mark Stern. “This show has become a signature series for Syfy and we are thrilled to have it return in 2014.”

Being Human has been an all-around performer for Syfy both on-air and via digital distribution as well as in the social media space. It remains one of Syfy’s youngest and most female-skewing scripted dramas.

Inclusive of Live +7 data, Season 3 of Being Human is averaging 1.8 million total viewers, including 1.1 million Adults 18-49 and 1.1 million Adults 25-54, and is a top ten cable program in its time period among both key demos.

#2 jbachandouris

jbachandouris

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hurray!!!

I would have hated for them to end the show with so many loose ends.

Nine months is still a LONG time. :(

#3 JazzyEli

JazzyEli

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

WEE!!  :lol: ,Oh thank God!! They finally announced it!!, they really made us suffer this year!!.

#4 IsItNaptimeYet

IsItNaptimeYet

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Didn't expect it, but so glad the gang will be back!  :D

I didn't care as much for the storylines this season - though Meaghan Rath did an amazing job with hers - but I love the characters and the chemistry the ensemble has. I will happily watch again next January.  B)

#5 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Glad it was renewed but making us wait until mid jan 2014 is a bit ridiculous.

#6 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,658 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Glad it was renewed but making us wait until mid jan 2014 is a bit ridiculous.

Every season has premiered in mid-January!

#7 JanetH

JanetH

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Every season has premiered in mid-January!

Still doesn't mean we can't whine about it. ;)  Almost makes you look forward to snow and getting dark at 4 o'clock again... almost. 

#8 IsItNaptimeYet

IsItNaptimeYet

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

LOL, JanetH, my thoughts exactly. :) We know by now when the seasons start, but it sure doesn't shorten the time.

#9 boxtunnel20

boxtunnel20

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

wooohoooo! 

#10 TRDG1

TRDG1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

This is GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!

Nothing like waiting for the last minute, but I think we all were a bit jaded when it came up so fast last year, then this years much lower that expected ratings...

Cheers, I'll start out a Season 3 wrap up thread (and anther one as to what you guys and Gals wanna see in the 4th season this weekend, for those few of us who are still here, and my Ghost mine will get 12 new episodes as well, good deal all around I'd say!!

Tom

#11 JanetH

JanetH

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

This is GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!

Nothing like waiting for the last minute, but I think we all were a bit jaded when it came up so fast last year, then this years much lower that expected ratings...

Tom

... and don't forget what happen to Alphas. Cancelled with the cliffhanger of everyone out cold except Gary. I do partly blame you guys for my paranoia though. I didn't want to look at the ratings post, but just like a train wreck, I just couldn't help myself for taking a peek.

#12 TRDG1

TRDG1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Ya, I had that show in mind as the season (and the ratings) digressed for our show here, and I hoped it would'nt turn out that way, and it did'nt, thank god!!

Now we have to worry if they are up to the task and NOT like some of the things we saw, (or did'nt see) this season, as well as the direction the final took in some instances....

Cheers, but thats for the wap up and the season 4 threads when I get to em this weekend

One more night of work, thank god for small miracles!!

Tom

#13 LadyKitty

LadyKitty

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Great news!   Alas, a long wait until it comes back......9 months.  But it was really good this season.  The actors are ALL good, the storylines, a wee bit graphic, but still good.  I like the witch who brought Meagan back....going to be interesting if the writers persue the Aidan/Cat storyline.  I like Xander Berkley, he's always good.  Now, the actors can take a break and relax, they have a job in 2013-14!  (smile)

#14 LostgirlLuvher

LostgirlLuvher

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Good to hear I like the show. Of course it can't come close to being as good as

Lost Girl, but yeah I am glad to hear it will come back for season 4. I understand

not wanting to wait till next Jan 2014. Those of us who are Lost Girl fans have to

wait for our favorite show to come back in mid Jan 2014 too it sucks!

Can a Sweet Sweet Succubus ever really be monogomus? Valkubus all the way!

#15 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

It's great to hear it will be back!  I really loved this season (except for the last repetitive 15 minutes, but they have lots of time to work on fixing that now!)

The characters have all grown and learned things - even if Aidan is determined to find a way to screw up his life worse than before, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in their new lives.   Will Sally try to haunt her old boyfriend?  Gossip with his mom on his next date?  Make up with her friend the nurse?

Josh is going to have to deal with a lot if his wolf is no longer a once a month thing.  Should be good.  Nora is the only person who could really help him with that - but she is going to have to be pretty strong to help him thru this one.  I have a feeling his sister is going to fall victim to Josh's out of control issues ..

#16 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Sure there has to be some reason(s) for doing so..darn if I can think of any..but I guess one can't account for taste in tv shows, acting, etc.

Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#17 FragileSteel

FragileSteel

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I am so happy to see the show is back for season 4. I have not had much faith in SYFY when it comes to keeping a show I really enjoy around. A very pleasant suprise.

"Among bright stars Iím lost

All the forgotten faces, all the forgotten children, we seek the great forgotten language."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users