7 replies to this topic

#1 Slamscape

Slamscape

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I dont know why syfy picked up this show that lasted onle once season in canada before it was already canceled...

does syfy have plans to pick up this show for more seasons? or are they just letting us get our hopes up without informing us his show has already been cut.

#2 Vendikarr

Vendikarr

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Syfy paid to air the series before it's final fate had been detemined, and needed to grab it before it's chief rival in this kind of programmng, BBC America.

Once money changed hands, Syfy could air it, or not. Since it was paid for, they might as well air it. The same goes for Sinbad

I doubt Syfy intends to order and produce a second season, for the simple fact that they bought the U.S. rights to air this because it was inexpensive. Producing a second season would be a large financial investment, which they would only undertake if the show was a ratings smash. Given they decided to air it on Saturday nights guarantees it won't be.

Posted Image

"I came into this world kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I've got absolutely no problem leaving the exact same way."

#3 wke235

wke235

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Last Saturday for Sinbad, they kept harping that it ends with the Series Finale.  On this Saturday for Primevil, they kept saying it was the Season Finale.  No official announcement that I can find, and yet they called it the Season finale.  My guess is they are looking over the numbers and trying to decide.  There might still be a chance they will go with a new season.  Can due to the ending of Season 1, the only ones they would need to return an Niall and Sara.  Everyone else go disappear with a timeline change (if they have contracts for other shows already).  And it is filmed in Canada (way cheaper than the US).  So .. there is a small chance it might go to Season 2.

#4 alienstookmybeer

alienstookmybeer

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

I thought this show was terrific and it deserves to live damnit!

Well at least Continuum lives on..

#5 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,731 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Last Saturday for Sinbad, they kept harping that it ends with the Series Finale.  On this Saturday for Primevil, they kept saying it was the Season Finale.  No official announcement that I can find, and yet they called it the Season finale.  My guess is they are looking over the numbers and trying to decide.  There might still be a chance they will go with a new season.  Can due to the ending of Season 1, the only ones they would need to return an Niall and Sara.  Everyone else go disappear with a timeline change (if they have contracts for other shows already).  And it is filmed in Canada (way cheaper than the US).  So .. there is a small chance it might go to Season 2.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was the series finale:  TV Spot Previews PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD Marathon and Series Finale

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#6 Slamscape

Slamscape

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

i must say... I am sick of all these shows not providing any sort of decent closure.

they put out stargate for over 10 years. and yet 2 of the 3 shows end on cliff hangers. and now this show didnt even go into the second season while leaving us with a even more massive cliff hanger.

at least give us a movie for some decent closure!

#7 StarPowerWarrior

StarPowerWarrior

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

And, of course, they showed these series when they were guaranteed to get crappy ratings. For the life of me, I really do not understand these decisions of theirs. Seems to be a habit as they put on the B5 spinoff pilot "The Legend of the Rangers" opposite, IIRC, a superbowl playoff and expected it to get good ratings, then canned it when it did not. WTF???

IMHO, New World's first several episodes were not very good, however, I stuck with it, and by the time the finale showed, I would have tuned in for the next season - if there had been one.

I liked Sinbad from the start, and would also have watched a second season if there were more episodes.

Like alienstookmybeer said, at least we have Continuum - perhaps the best show on TV right now - IMHO.

Maybe they ought to rename this network "The We are NOT Willing to Spend Any Money on Great Shows, but We Expect You to Watch Anyway Network." Seems much more appropriate at this time...
All the best,
Matthew

Posted Image

#8 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,618 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

And, of course, they showed these series when they were guaranteed to get crappy ratings.

----

Ratings were irrelevant, since it had already been cancelled. Good ratings would not have done it any good, either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users