• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LanceAva

LanceAva

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

What a shame that someone who wanted to be a professional could not handle pressure and had to walk off.  Sorry little girl, but EVERYONE is under pressure.  You deal with it and not act like a child.  Now, every producer out there has seen that she buckles and they will not hire her.

#2 dialyn61

dialyn61

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Laney has already been hired:  http://pic.twitter.com/zthHw0az95 .  Sadly, the reason why adult women act like little girls is that they are rewarded for it.  I've noticed young women seem to talk more and more in these whiney little voices with question marks in the middle of their sentences that make them sound more tentative than they are.  Ah well, that's not relevant here since it is one of my bugs and not related to talent.  Maybe working for Eric Fox will work out for Laney and she will get a chance to mature, if she chooses to do so. 

#3 droid327

droid327

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I just hope she doesn't get homesick for West Hollywood, working all the way over at Universal Studios in Hollywood...:P

#4 dialyn61

dialyn61

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I wonder if part of the problem was that she had bonded with contestants eliminated before her, and didn't really have that same connection with the others.  It seemed as if Tate (big brother) and Roy (tough love) tried to bolster her (noticeable that any support provided by Miranda and Laura was edited out, if they extended any during this episode).  Laney seems to be a person (like Miranda) that needs a considerable support group.  That's really not a good personality trait for a competitive program (though Miranda could win the whole thing thanks to her save this episode because she would get a work force to help her through the finale).   In my experience, a Laney or a Miranda is best beloved by the boss who did the hiring, but a real strain on the rest of the work group that is forced to do the shoring up, but I've never worked in the entertainment field so I don't know if it different there or not.

This is not to say that Miranda and Laney don't have talent. I think they do. But they just seem to do better when someone is either helping them (Miranda) or emotionally reinforcing them (Laney). 

I have to admit I laughed when Miranda was telling the model how to use the power washer. That seemed to be a piece of equipment she was a little vague about last week.

#5 dialyn61

dialyn61

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Someone mentioned Laney is engaged to Twiggy (Marilyn Manson guitarist).  Not relevant to anything. Just something I missed by not watching the contestant interviews.  I just watched Anthony (The Winner Tells All: Episode 11 - Anthony) talk about Laney's sudden exit and he had a lot of sympathy for her.  I'm still not sure whether or not the women completely ignored her melt down or if that was a editing decision.  Doesn't make much difference.

#6 dialyn61

dialyn61

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

An interview with Laney about why she left:  http://popstyle.ew.c...ecision-i-made/

Here's a bit of the interview ... there is more.

I made a deal with myself that I wanted to at least make it halfway
through and I really have not had that much experience with application
and sculpting at all before I went on the show. As I was coming down to
it, I was noticing as people left how upsetting it was. I could tell how
badly they wanted to be there and — don’t get me wrong, I wanted to be
there as well — I never really wanted the money and the car that badly.
That wasn’t my goal. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do
things. As people were leaving, for some reason, I started feeling
guilty for being there. [I didn't think anyone] else should go home. I
felt like I had accomplished what I’d gone there to accomplish. I
created my favorite make-ups I’ve ever done on this show.

#7 Ether2002

Ether2002

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I liked laney , and wish she stuck it out to the end. That episode that Alana went home was gut wrenching to watch and you can tell Laney felt bad for her to leave. She should had stayed and won it for her fallen newbies and friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users