• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 bigbabyblooz

bigbabyblooz

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:39 AM

I had sadly given up on ever seeing again the characters I had grown to love, as well as the most brilliant scripts & story lines to ever hit the screen!!! I was watching Stargate Atlantis tonight and the commercial came on announcing the RETURN of FARSCAPE!!! I spontaneously cheered and clapped...THAT is not normal behavior for me. Nothing could have pleased me more [except maybe winning Lotto!]!!!! Bravo to whoever made the decision to recover the crown jewel of the airwaves!!!! I don't care why they did it...I am content and thrilled whatever the motivation!!!! THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!

#2 Frell_N_Grok

Frell_N_Grok

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:25 PM

Go to Henson's site www.farscape.com or www.watchfarscape.com for more info on how we got the show "back". All those involved say "Your Welcome."
FNG

Buisson: menteur, menteur, pantalon sur le feu!

My show is Battlestar Galactica. My scotch is Talisker!

#3 FarscapeDabee

FarscapeDabee

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:09 PM

Hey, bbb!!

Like FNG said, it took a LOT of hard work and dedication on the part of a LOT of fans to bring this about....we are talking hundreds of folks and thousands of hours and dollars to keep attention on the show....Hensen and the others involved with the show have stated that it was the fans who made it possible to do the mini and anything else, by keeping the doors open to talk to the right folks.

Anyway, nice to see you here, and we are all rejoicing with you!

Dabee
Dabee

#4 Mousescapeer

Mousescapeer

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:03 AM

Hey BBB,
Now that you know Farscape is returning, PASS THE WORD AROUND!!!!!
The better the ratings, the better the chance for even more Farscape after the mini.

hugs,
mouse
"Cogito ergo boom" - I think, therefore my head explodes.

#5 KimberlyBlue

KimberlyBlue

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:09 AM

"The Return of Farscape"

I just LOOOOOOVE the sound of that!

*sigh* but October is too far away!

#6 Arttoa

Arttoa

Mansquito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:25 AM

#7 RedKarma

RedKarma

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:06 PM

Whenever I think about it, I get a big stupid grin on my face.

RK

"Travel light - forget hate."

#8 Mysticalmoon

Mysticalmoon

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

This just seems to good to be true but..... As I have seen with my very own eyes, FARSCAPE!!!!! It has been too long!! I know that I will be front row and center every night it is on! I hope that this time around that the powers that be keep FARSCAPE on and that fans do have a voice

#9 ClaudiaSharon

ClaudiaSharon

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

It still hasn't bitten me in the eema that the show is back. Yes I saw the promo Friday night. Yes I screamed my head off in excitement and scared the cat and dog. Yes I've read the articles. Yes I've read the scifi magazine the tv guide about it. I guess I just still can't believe it yet. It's sorta like me going off to college, that hasn't sunk in yet. It'll be awkward watching FarScape away from home. But that just means, new recruits. *evil grin*
Ich versuche, wieder nach Hause zukommen.
I am Scaper...united AND untied!

#10 Shadow_Wolfe

Shadow_Wolfe

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

Yeah I won't believe it until it airs. Just don't get so whacked by it that when it airs you are too whacked and miss it.
Shadow_Wolfe,
Kemper's Keepers #1,
Keeper of Kemper's Twisted Sense of Humor

#11 warzer

warzer

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:42 PM

In hopes that the people who matter or people who know people read this forum. I wanted to say thank you so much for continuing to support farscape, and putting it back on the air. I am very happy that the final season is going to be made and aired.

Warzer

#12 dvo47p

dvo47p

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:44 PM

Quote:

Go to Henson's site www.farscape.com or www.watchfarscape.com for more info on how we got the show "back". All those involved say "Your Welcome."

Hi I used my PayPal account to help revive Farscape and frankly I'm very disapointed.

All that fan effort for only four episodes. I'm thinking a Firefly/Serenity type movie. Instead of four 44 minute episodes on SlyLie!

#13 Moyas_Ghost

Moyas_Ghost

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:29 PM

I stopped by the new bboard to look around, and its nice to see more Scapers finding out about the mini-series and getting excited. And correcting a couple of comments here gives me a reason to make my first post to this new board.

warzer, as much as we all wish we were getting the full 5th season, we are only getting a 4 hour mini-series. Brian Henson and Rockne O'Bannon, the production force behind the mini, say that it does represent something of a condensed version of the story they intended to tell in Season 5 but of course a lot of stuff had to be left out.

dvo47p, try not to be too disappointed. To get this mini-series made, Henson and company did the impossible and managed to get production funds from financial backers even when they had no established a network for showing the final product. They only finalilzed the deal with SciFi after the mini was finished. There have been a number of hints that suggest the Production team is looking to use this mini to wrap up some of the main story lines to date, so they can move in new directions. There have been numerous hints that if this mini does well enough, they will attempt to get funding and produce a feature film. We have to be patient, drum up plenty of fans for the mini, and trust Henson, O'Bannon, and the rest to do the best they can to keep bringing us more Farscape if possible. They have stated that they would like to continue in some format. It just depends on whether the financing comes through. And part of that is up to us to make sure the ratings are impressive.

#14 iamfarscapebaby

iamfarscapebaby

Mansquito

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:35 PM

What I find totally awesome is the commercial for the Mini... they have shown it in the last hour... during the m night shyamalan doc... how cool is that!!! I also love the revamping of the site.. much better board I think... :-)

#15 whitewolfewarrior

whitewolfewarrior

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

In the words of Homer Simpson "Whoo-hoo!" I'm already pretty psyched about the mini. When I saw the teaser trailer online I was dancing around the room,screaming for everyone in the house that they had to come see this. At this point I'm glad to be getting even a four hour mini. I salute you and will go off into the ...um...well, I'll go out and try to get new viewers! I almost forgot, a definate Hell Yeah was chanted during my couple minute long happy dance! G'day.
White Wolf Warrior
...................Long Live Farscape............

#16 aprilmoon_2000

aprilmoon_2000

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

I didn't think the Bboards were going to be so difficult
to log onto, but I did and I'm glad to see you and other fellow scapers. I'm just wondering who won the mon/date
contest because I know I didn't and I wanted to congrat the
lucky guy/gal. If I don't post right away please don't be mad I'm doing this from work and I need to start a patrol soon, so send whatever info you can and thanks again inadvance, Aprilmoon.

#17 LukeyDookey

LukeyDookey

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif Cant wait. Need I say more?

#18 Craistrooper

Craistrooper

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:58 AM

I'd have to agree with Moyas Ghost on this one. All Scapers should be proud of what we have accomplished. Afterall, Brian Henson said that the miniseries would not have been possible without the support of the fans. At the same time, I think we need to remember that this is not a full season 5. While a miniseries is more than welcome, the fans should continue to press on for either another season of Farscape, or a feature film.

One of the most important things is to get the word out. Send letters and email to Jay Leno, Conan, David Letterman, the Daily Show, etc... Participate on polls that appear on the web, and most importantly, watch Farscape

#19 ClaudiaSharon

ClaudiaSharon

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:48 PM

Before I found out that they were showing an FS mini teaser on July 9th, I just thought my mom was going to force me to watch Stargate with her. But then, I stumbled back here and read about it, and totally freaked out.

The whole time I kept thinking, "FarScape's back!!!!" And then the mini teaser came up, and I heard Crichton speak. And the boat. And Aeryn. And the music. And everything that was the short teaser. I was running around the house screaming, and scaring everyone. LOL.

I'm telling everybody I know that my show's back!! Our show! FarScape. I've been telling them ever since we heard about the mini, and now I have the date!

*Takes a deep breath*

Perfect b-day present for me! Though it'll be a month late. I can handle that!
Ich versuche, wieder nach Hause zukommen.
I am Scaper...united AND untied!

#20 LadyFaiel

LadyFaiel

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

I am so excited, but just saw the date when it starts to air and realized that I will have to tape it because I will be out of town. Bummer! I was going to tape it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users