• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joeye4

joeye4

Mansquito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:21 AM

Greetings to all, I am a long time Star Trek fan and my 7 year old daughter had a game called Kids Trivia where she asked me a question: What is the number of the Starship Enterprise of Star Trek? I answered NCC 1701. She said wrong and I checked the answer on the back of the card which was SC397-0176 CEC. I have looked everywhere. Only thing I could find was the Serial Number listed for Capt.Kirk which was close: SC937-0176 CEC. I assume this is a mistake on the part of the trivia game. Anyone who has more info on this please tell me. Thanks

joeye4

#2 harmony8809

harmony8809

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

If memory serves; you are correct. They are thinking about Kirk's service number. NCC-1701 is the ID/registration number. Or it could be the service contract number of the ship builders. If you noticed on the USS Constitution, it's number was NCC-1017.
Contact the manufacture of that game, and let them know that it is 'defective'. If they goofed that up, it's a good chance that their research department has messed up on a few other questions as well.
If it's a trivia game for kids, it should have been a simple answer, not a 'mouth full' of numbers for them.

#3 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:44 PM

Whatever happened to the NCC1701A. Was it retired?
Posted Image

#4 harmony8809

harmony8809

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

The term is 'decommissioned', so they could build the Enterprise-B for 'Generations'. They salvage what they can to build other ships with.

#5 11001001

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:43 PM

Quote:

If memory serves; you are correct. They are thinking about Kirk's service number. NCC-1701 is the ID/registration number. Or it could be the service contract number of the ship builders. If you noticed on the USS Constitution, it's number was NCC-1017.
Contact the manufacture of that game, and let them know that it is 'defective'. If they goofed that up, it's a good chance that their research department has messed up on a few other questions as well.
If it's a trivia game for kids, it should have been a simple answer, not a 'mouth full' of numbers for them.

There are fans who will tell you that "NCC" stands for "Naval Construction Contract" This would explain why shuttles don't have "NCC" numbers, but runabouts, which are basically small starships do.

Actually, Gene Roddenberry had once said that "NCC" didn't mean anything. Kind of like the GNDN marking you sometimes see on conduits. GNDN Goes nowhere, does nothing.
Posted Image

"Fighter pilots make movies..Bomber pilots make history."

#6 doctorwhousa

doctorwhousa

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

Quote:

Whatever happened to the NCC1701A. Was it retired?

It was put into what would be a 24th century "junkyard". All torpedo tubes were sealed shut and all weapons were removed. It was stolen by Scotty in one of Shatners books to help the newly ressurected nano-Kirk. It was no more than a floating junk heap by this time.

#7 ncc1701

ncc1701

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

the ship registry number was always NCC-1701

of course there were variations (NCC-1701-A, -B, -C, -D, -E, NX-01) but it was never SC397-0176 CEC
Posted Image

#8 SuperMac

SuperMac

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (harmony8809 @ Nov 13 2004, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NCC-1017 is the registry of the Constellation, not Constitution. Matt Decker's vessel.
"Mac"

"Second star to the right, and straight on till morning"

Mean people suck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users