Photo

otStop posting pictures of half naked women.


335 replies to this topic

#161 testsubject2104

testsubject2104

    Sleestak

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

Quote:

Oh, the rantings of ninja_girl also known as Fat_Ugly_Chick. With all of the mooning over Daniel Jackson on these boards, Daniel Jackson in tight t-shirts and the like, I dare say some appealingly attired women of SG1 are welcomed and appreciated.

If you think appealingly attired women are considered soft-core-porn then perhaps you should put down your Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, and Vogue magazines and cancel your cable subscription. Then go one step further, avoid every mall in the United States, every beach, lake and swimming pool. Stay cloistered in your convent, put on a burkha and cane any man who should see your fat elephantine ankles.

Instead of lambasting attractive women of SG1, perhaps you should join a gym, start exercising, eat properly and lose all of all of the fat around your temples obvioiusly impairing your common sense. Once you trim the fat from around your head and other places, you may feel better about yourself, your appearance and stop ranting over others who are appealingly attractive and depicted among the beautiful women of SG1.





this is really funny and so very true

#162 Nannyjo

Nannyjo

    Cyborg

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Can't we disagree, politely, instead of attacking? There are ways to debate the issue without an outright attack of the person.

Please can't we keep things friendlier here than on the old board? Just because we have "smily faces" here we still need to remember that there are real people reading what we type. Please don't intentionally try to hurt feelings, it is too easy to do it by accident as it is.

nj
Stay open to the possibilities.Posted Image
Move without fear. Trust in those who love you
http://z7.invisionfr...ation/index.php

#163 ArmySSG9mmNCO

ArmySSG9mmNCO

    Mansquito

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

If you haven't figured out from my name/alias I'm a soldier. Stupid is as stupid does. Foolish nonesense does not need to be coddled--it needs to be pointed out without "feelings." If feelings are hurt over a truthful statement--so be it. Feelings and truthful statements/observations are devoid of malice. Truth is that Ninja_girl's original post was a foolish rant from an overly sensitive individual who wants the world to cater to her own insecurities over her body. Fact--she lives in the real world, real advertisements, real attractive people. If she doesn't like it she can do something about it through diet and exercise and join the world of the living instead of expecting the rest of the world to cater to her feelings of insecurity.

#164 Nannyjo

Nannyjo

    Cyborg

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:40 PM

Just what exactly in the post indicated to you that there are "feelings of insecurity" anywhere?

Are you a Psychiatrist in the army? I just want to know your credentials in the subject matter before I bother debating.

What exactly is meant by the first line of your reply? "I'm a soldier. Stupid is as stupid does." I'm not sure if I should adress that, or just agree with you.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

nj
Stay open to the possibilities.Posted Image
Move without fear. Trust in those who love you
http://z7.invisionfr...ation/index.php

#165 Tlalocan

Tlalocan

    Sleestak

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:44 PM

I will break down this post as follows: 1.)Personal attacks, 2.)Valid Points

Quote:

Oh, the rantings of ninja_girl also known as Fat_Ugly_Chick.




Personal attack. I just ignored this sentence as it makes no difference if ninja_girl was fat and/or ugly or if she looked like Amanda Tapping.

Quote:

With all of the mooning over Daniel Jackson on these boards, Daniel Jackson in tight t-shirts and the like, I dare say some appealingly attired women of SG1 are welcomed and appreciated.




Good point, and I wholeheartly agree!

Quote:

If you think appealingly attired women are considered soft-core-porn then perhaps you should put down your Cosmo, Ladies Home Journal, and Vogue magazines and cancel your cable subscription. Then go one step further, avoid every mall in the United States, every beach, lake and swimming pool.




Good point!

Quote:

Stay cloistered in your convent, put on a burkha and cane any man...




I personally believe using hyperbole to make an opponent's points look completely ridiculous is a valid debating method, and if that hurts your feelings, you probably really do need thicker skin.

Quote:

...who should see your fat elephantine ankles.




Personal Attack, once again. Ignored it, once again.

Quote:

Instead of lambasting attractive women of SG1, perhaps you should join a gym, start exercising, eat properly and lose all of all of the fat around your temples obvioiusly impairing your common sense. Once you trim the fat from around your head and other places, you may feel better about yourself, your appearance and stop ranting over others




Yet more personal attack. Yet more me ignoring the post.

Quote:

who are appealingly attractive and depicted among the beautiful women of SG1.




As Teal'c would say, "Indeed"...

But my two cents: as a poster to the "Hot Women of SG-1" thread, I must decline your request to post pictures of half naked women (Very Hot half naked women). If you go into a thread titled "Hot Women of SG-1", with all due respect, what the hell are you expecting see? Doc Fraiser in a burkha (unless it's a hot, sexy burkha)? I respect your right to say that what I'm posting is tantamount to porn, but please also respect my right to say you're wrong, dead wrong. Soft-core porn are those shows that play at 2am on HBO or showtime where they show full frontal nudity or very, very convincingly acted (sometimes real) acts of copulation for the main purpose of auto-induced arousal. Therefore, picture of Amanda Tapping wrapped in a flag = pretty picture, perhaps a bit risque, but definitely not soft core porn. Movie (or picture) of Amanda Tapping wrapped in nothing but instead wrapping her legs around RDA or Teryl Rotherty, moving her hips quite, erm, passionately = soft-core porn. I find your arguments otherwise, quite frankly, simply unconvincing at best.

End of my argument. Point, match, your serve.

#166 ArmySSG9mmNCO

ArmySSG9mmNCO

    Mansquito

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:00 PM

1. It doesn't not require a medical degree to observe the obvious. Fact 1: In another thread there were posted attractive photographs of women. Fact 2: You erroniously decried said photos as "soft-core-porn." Fact 3: Similar photographs can be found in virtually every women's magazine on every news stand. Summation: If such photographs are found by said individual to be unsuitable and risque despite such depictions being proliferated amidst our society in every social environment than said individual must have an underlying personal affront due to personal insecurities.

2. I'm a soldier, any whiny complaint and gripe will be responded with, "Stop sniveling. Suck it up and drive on!" Concerning the Forust Gump quote, "Stupid is as stupid does." As a soldier I have no qualms at calling the kettle black, and pointing out stupidity based upon actions and observations.

#167 Sekhet

Sekhet

    Wacky Professor

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:23 PM

All i can say is OMG and post the flame
I cant even believe someone is this dense.

Sekhet's Forum Flame
===================================
Dear:
[ ] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] Spammer
[x] 12 year old
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Nerd
[ ] l337 d00d/"vet"
[x] Other: person who doesnt understand much of anything

You Are Being Flamed Because
[x] You whine like a *****.
[ ] You bumped a thread from the last page.
[x] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message or a "THAT THREAD SUCKS" message.
[x] You posted false information (or lack thereof).
[x] You posted something totally uninteresting.
[ ] You doubleposted.
[ ] You posted a message all written in CAPS (oR aLtErNaTe CaPs).
[ ] You posted a X > Y thread. LAME.
[x] I don't like your tone of voice.

To Repent, You Must:
[ ] Give up your AOL Internet account
[x] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[x] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[x] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Go stand in the middle of an intersection
[x] State that you are a person who doesnt deserve to watch Stargate
[x] Step through an incoming Wormhole.

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:
[x] Get a life
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[x] I think your IQ must be 30
[ ] Take your ***** somewhere else
[ ] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] All of the above
[x] It isnt porn Dang it and if you dont like it leave i know i could care less if you stayed !!!

Sekhet

Ps: Sorry guys havent been around I was on vacation for about a week.

#168 garlicman

garlicman

    Viper Pilot

  • Full Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:28 PM

Quote:

1. It doesn't not require a medical degree to observe the obvious. Fact 1: In another thread there were posted attractive photographs of women. Fact 2: You erroniously decried said photos as "soft-core-porn." Fact 3: Similar photographs can be found in virtually every women's magazine on every news stand. Summation: If such photographs are found by said individual to be unsuitable and risque despite such depictions being proliferated amidst our society in every social environment than said individual must have an underlying personal affront due to personal insecurities.

2. I'm a soldier, any whiny complaint and gripe will be responded with, "Stop sniveling. Suck it up and drive on!" Concerning the Forust Gump quote, "Stupid is as stupid does." As a soldier I have no qualms at calling the kettle black, and pointing out stupidity based upon actions and observations.




BRAVO!









#169 zombie8

zombie8
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:30 PM

Just curious Sekhet,are you replying to the previous poster or the original?

---------------------------------------------------------



#170 Sekhet

Sekhet

    Wacky Professor

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

Quote:

Just curious Sekhet,are you replying to the previous poster or the original?

---------------------------------------------------------






The Original

#171 garlicman

garlicman

    Viper Pilot

  • Full Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:39 PM

Quote:

Just curious Sekhet,are you replying to the previous poster or the original?




C'mon Z8, you know Sek would never side with ninjagirl on a matter like this.

That would be...ummm...sick!







#172 Sekhet

Sekhet

    Wacky Professor

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just curious Sekhet,are you replying to the previous poster or the original?




C'mon Z8, you know Sek would never side with ninjagirl on a matter like this.

That would be...ummm...sick!




Indeed Garlicman

#173 Nannyjo

Nannyjo

    Cyborg

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

Okay, I still must be missing the obvious. No where does that original post mention that she reads any magazines. No where from the facts given can I jump to the conclusion you do.

This board is not the army. There aren't you kind of forced into doing what your superiors tell you to do? Don't you get in trouble for disagreeing with others?

Here is, what I thought, was a place to come an post your ideas and opinions to be debatated and discussed NOT to be pounced on for typing what you believe.

I ALSO want to state for the record that I don't particularly agree with the original post, but I do think she should have the right to say what she feels without being assaulted personally for having the courage to say what she thinks and feels.

I would hope that supporting the right of free speech and supporting the courageous people who say what they think would be something worth defending...YES debating with your own opinion, of course... but defending.

That is all I am saying.

I also would like to thank you FOR being a soldier. I know that it is one of the most under-appreciated under takings that anyone would ever chose. It can't be easy, and i honestly do want to thank you for what you have done.

take care,

nj
Stay open to the possibilities.Posted Image
Move without fear. Trust in those who love you
http://z7.invisionfr...ation/index.php

#174 jadeddave

jadeddave

    Mansquito

  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:52 PM

I thought by now this thread would have died or grown old.

I see new blood on this thread saying that Ninja girl has a right to her opinion and that's true.

But along with free speech comes responsibility. That responsibility is that if someone says something stupid, and the majority of people don't like it and they let that person know it. Don't go saying that they should stop ganging up on that person. You contradict saying she has a right to her opinion in the first place.

They have the right to thier opinions as well and to point out that she's being stupid too. Whether it's nice or not,true or false, mature or immature is irrelevent. It will be pointed out by someone.

The fact is that Amanda Tapping would probably be offended that you called her pictures soft porn. Risque yes, beautiful, definitely, porn, I don't think so.

I still wonder whether Ninja girl is some pimple faced kid causing trouble. Right now she or he is sitting back laughing at how long this thread is getting. We have no idea who and what she is. Has anyone met her? Has anyone met me? I might be RDA or AT or a stupid fool who got involved in this thread in the first place.

The thing that strikes me as **** is that she said she was black and that we were being racist. Of all the stupid statements , that stands out as the most stupid.

Yes, we have a camera on you Ninja Girl. We see what you're doing right now. Hey, stop looking at porn!

P.S.- Now Mr. Bean is offensive, but I don't care and am not offended because it's funny as hell.

#175 jadeddave

jadeddave

    Mansquito

  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:01 PM

Hey, Where are the censors, I said ****, now that's offensive.

#176 zombie8

zombie8
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:01 PM

That's what I thought.



_____________________________________________


#177 zombie8

zombie8
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

Offensive is the pushy excorcist ad that plays occasionaly(at the top-voice comes from out of nowhere!)Stupid cruddy I robot ad did the same thing...and I wonder how many more will too....?

#178 jadeddave

jadeddave

    Mansquito

  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:07 PM

Yeah , I know, I have my sound turned off.

#179 Sekhet

Sekhet

    Wacky Professor

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

Quote:

I thought by now this thread would have died or grown old.

I see new blood on this thread saying that Ninja girl has a right to her opinion and that's true.

But along with free speech comes responsibility. That responsibility is that if someone says something stupid, and the majority of people don't like it and they let that person know it. Don't go saying that they should stop ganging up on that person. You contradict saying she has a right to her opinion in the first place.

They have the right to thier opinions as well and to point out that she's being stupid too. Whether it's nice or not,true or false, mature or immature is irrelevent. It will be pointed out by someone.

The fact is that Amanda Tapping would probably be offended that you called her pictures soft porn. Risque yes, beautiful, definitely, porn, I don't think so.

I still wonder whether Ninja girl is some pimple faced kid causing trouble. Right now she or he is sitting back laughing at how long this thread is getting. We have no idea who and what she is. Has anyone met her? Has anyone met me? I might be RDA or AT or a stupid fool who got involved in this thread in the first place.

The thing that strikes me as **** is that she said she was black and that we were being racist. Of all the stupid statements , that stands out as the most stupid.

Yes, we have a camera on you Ninja Girl. We see what you're doing right now. Hey, stop looking at porn!

P.S.- Now Mr. Bean is offensive, but I don't care and am not offended because it's funny as hell.




You are 100% correct in your statements and the racist statement that she made is totally wrong.

Her statements were totally unjustified and rude to everyone i think we should just abandon this thread.

Sekhet

#180 joeduhnce

joeduhnce

    Mansquito

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:21 PM

Would she have complained had there been posts of half
naked men?

I have seen shots of men baring chests all over but not
one single complaint against them.

Oh, well . . .



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users